TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Aftermarket Audio -- need advise on picking components!

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by hatman4731, Apr 11, 2017.

1. hatman4731

hatman4731 Member

Hey everyone,

Going down the aftermarket audio path and been talking with a local installer about what my options are. Here's what we have on the table:

Replace pillar tweeters
    Replace front door speakers with component midrange
    Replace rear door speakers with coaxial (if added with front then include 4-channel amp)
    Add NVX amp + Sub
    Add Dynamat to 4 doors + rear wheel wells

Obviously the pricing goes up quickly if I pick all the options so trying to find out where to get the most bang-for-buck here. I have the base audio and typically I'm the only occupant in the car, so I am thinking:

Replace front door speakers with components
    Add NVX amp + Sub
    Add Dynamat

OR

Replace front door speakers with components
    Replace rear door speakers with coaxials (+ 4-channel amp)
    Add NVX amp + Sub

OR

Replace pillar tweeters
    Replace front door speakers
    Add NVX amp + Sub

What do you guys think is the best option, or is there a different combination altogether that will provide the best bang-for-buck?

For reference, I listen to Pop/Rock/EDM/Hip-Hop/Jazz, so ideally something that can handle a wide variety of music.