Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

aftermarket audio upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering upgrading my sound studio audio on my P85 MS. It appears only name I see mentioned is Reus. Just wanted to know if there are any other Audio vendors out there to shop and compare to the Reus system. It appears everyone who have gotten the system upgrade is happy with the results. I live in northwest FL, and I'm not aware of any vendors near this area. Regarding the Reus with the different levels of upgrade, are most getting the level 2 or 3 ?
Your input in appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I was just about to post the same question but I have the standard sound. Anyone upgrade the standard sound? Maybe just a sub.
I had the standard system when I ordered back in January 2013 and had Cliff at Reus do the #2 upgrade, still enjoying the better sound. Was disappointed with the factory system and do not know if they have improved it since I took delivery, not really an audiophile but enjoy nice surround sound with some crisp quality.

I'm having a sub installed tomorrow actually. I have standard sound. I purchased an aftermarket powered sub that fits perfectly in the space under the trunk mat. Should cost about 250-300 to have installed. I'll post back with details and pictures once it's done.

NVX Boost makes a complete package if you want another subwoofer (left side of trunk, not right side). Tesla Model S B.O.O.S.T Powered Loaded Enclosure Package - NVX

I don't have any experience with them, so I have no idea about their quality.
I've been looking pretty closely at that but the added cost for the custom enclosure is steep compared to the cost of the individual components. Debating whether to build one myself. Fiberglass is simple to work with but I don't know much about the acoustics of a subwoofer surround. If it's as simple as building the box without worrying about baffling or anything else then that's probably what I'll do. Need to do more research.

I had a loaner for two days with the tech package. I plugged in my music USB drive to do some comparison listening tests (I have the full Reus package in my car). I concluded that the subwoofer is only part of the problem. The stock system is subpar across the entire bandwidth and the sound stage could be much better. The Reus system addresses all of those shortcomings.

I had a loaner for two days with the tech package. I plugged in my music USB drive to do some comparison listening tests (I have the full Reus package in my car). I concluded that the subwoofer is only part of the problem. The stock system is subpar across the entire bandwidth and the sound stage could be much better. The Reus system addresses all of those shortcomings.

How did you get the installation done in Maryland?

I was thinking of putting a single 13W7 back there in the trunk well with 1000 watt amp. I've heard that sub moves so much air though you have to have your windows slightly open bc it could shatter them if they are closed and the pressure is too high hahaha

You would think Tesla would see an opportunity to make money here.
Why not offer 3 levels of sound? Porsche does it and I'm sure other companies do as well.
So much easier to build a good system when it can be done from the very start.

As there is no Reus in Denmark, i'm doing the upgrade myself.
I have the standard stereo.
I'm upgrading all the speakers and adding 2 more speakers in the dash.
All being powered by 2 new AMP's located in the trunk.
All being done while keeping all original wiring intact.

I had the standard system when I ordered back in January 2013 and had Cliff at Reus do the #2 upgrade, still enjoying the better sound. Was disappointed with the factory system and do not know if they have improved it since I took delivery, not really an audiophile but enjoy nice surround sound with some crisp quality.
I didn't think that Cliff was in a position to change the Model S's surround processing.
Isn't the surround processing the same, but with better speakers?
Larry