TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aftermarket Audio Upgrade

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tsarlsy, Nov 8, 2014.

1. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

Has anyone upgraded their audio system? I'd love to learn what you did and which installer you used. For reference, I'm in Toronto.

I'm considering upgrading the Model S Base Sound System by replacing the speakers, amp and adding a powered 10" subwoofer. Our friends in the US have Reus. I'm wondering what Canadians are doing. Thanks.

2. Bignikk

Bignikk Member

Hi tsarlsy. I am about to pull the trigger on the nvx setup purchased from sonic electronics in the us. I will have it delivered to Buffalo New York and will bring it over to Toronto myself. I wanted to ask if anyone else has upgraded their S's? Locally here in he GTA. Same question as tsarlsy.

3. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

I was considering this as an alternative.

4. hemants

hemants Member

Generally speakin I'd say you'd get more bang for your buck with a better amp and existing speakers. I have done that in sevaral cars and the results are astounding.

5. stevej119

stevej119 Member

When you say "several cars" do you mean several Tesla's?

6. hemants

hemants Member

No, other cars. Point being that excellent amp + 'okay' speakers will probably sound better than good amp + good speakers