Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Aftermarket CF goodies for the Roadster - Feeler - Lets make it happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noting that there's more demand in this thread for the taillight housings than any other single item; and that the air vents are a potential installation problem. Wouldn't it make sense to start a little differently?

(I'll get into my workshop this weekend and dig out the spare vents, I know they're in there but I gotta find which box they're in.)

Just noting that there's more demand in this thread for the taillight housings than any other single item; and that the air vents are a potential installation problem. Wouldn't it make sense to start a little differently?

(I'll get into my workshop this weekend and dig out the spare vents, I know they're in there but I gotta find which box they're in.)

I don't have any spare sets of rear tail-lights (really the black trim around them), my Roadster is my daily driver. Hence the priority. If we can find a spare set for the mold I agree, we could bump this up since it makes sense with the demand. Its also single sided with the finish, so it shouldn't be all too difficult...

Thanks for volunteering your vents for the project Nigel!

Last edited:
Mine have three mechanical fastening points:

vent.JPG

PM me if you're interested

OK. Vents have been donated to jbadger and went out today. He'll pass them to wiztecy if you guys want to continue.

Thanks NigelM, I'll connect up with jbadger. I actually have no interest in the CF parts really but wanted to push way for the upgrades and support for the Roadsters by independent parties as well as to keep the fun and posts going :)

Would also like to redesign the 1.5 front, take out that ugly leaf cather mesh and put in some CF or abs fins that have more of a flow and sporty look rather than the look of a gutter! I think it can be done. And throw in the 2.5 rear diffuser, that'd be the look.

Would also like to redesign the 1.5 front, take out that ugly leaf cather mesh and put in some CF or abs fins that have more of a flow and sporty look rather than the look of a gutter! I think it can be done. And throw in the 2.5 rear diffuser, that'd be the look.
It's funny I always liked the look of the 1.5 front end with the mesh and all. I have a 2.5 and remain unconvinced the front end looks better.

Thanks NigelM, I'll connect up with jbadger. I actually have no interest in the CF parts really but wanted to push way for the upgrades and support for the Roadsters by independent parties as well as to keep the fun and posts going :)

Hey wiztecy I will take the vents and get them done if you don't want CF vents. Rob@Dietschwerks is setting up a CF system in his new shop in Vacaville.
I really want CF door sills though.

Hey wiztecy I will take the vents and get them done if you don't want CF vents. Rob@Dietschwerks is setting up a CF system in his new shop in Vacaville.
I really want CF door sills though.

We'll have to coordinate with jbadger, know Rob's been busy with setups and such. Lets connect up and coordinate with jbadger and rob, we can send emails back and forth to start moving this project forward!

I'll be traveling for the next week, but when I get back I hope to start immediately finishing the door sills, handles and side vents.

I need a better place to work. Wiztecy/asgard either of you have a garage to donate? . Can also teach you what I've learned and we can do this as a group project. It's a lot of fun, but time consuming as you have to wait for things to dry.

I'll be traveling for the next week, but when I get back I hope to start immediately finishing the door sills, handles and side vents.

I need a better place to work. Wiztecy/asgard either of you have a garage to donate? . Can also teach you what I've learned and we can do this as a group project. It's a lot of fun, but time consuming as you have to wait for things to dry.

I have a garage and need door sills :)
How toxic is this process? :)

You mean for the Model-S?

Yes for the Model S. You've probably seen the pics people are posting. I had similar problem on my Corvette upholstery and someone came out with a CF "corner guard" and it solved the problem perfectly. It looked really nice too.

ETA: Here's a pic: attachment.php

Do you think something like that could be made? I'm thinking there's real potential there. It's a big problem and so far nobody has come up with an acceptable solution.

Last edited: