Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Aftermarket CF goodies for the Roadster - Feeler - Lets make it happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're overlaying the existing part, are there any clearance issues with the openings for the actual lights? I would think the True CF parts could be made to be the exact size needed, while the overlaid parts will be bulkier.

That would be my concern, too. On my car there is already contact between the trunk deck and the black tail light surround.

That would be my concern, too. On my car there is already contact between the trunk deck and the black tail light surround.

The OEM housing is sanded down to prep for the CF overlay. We'll ensure the new part has the same thickness and fitment as OEM housings. It's the same principle as window tint and vehicle wrap. The windows and doors should still open/close the same after a film layer is added. In this case it's CF overlay.

CF Tail Lights:
1) bonnie
2) NigelM
3) Habious
4) spaceballs
5) bart513
6) m0rph
7) AltPowr
8) djp
9) Seth Pascale
10) marco2228
11) mookhead
12) jbadger
13) asgard
14) Jaff
15) ibcs
16) djp
17) 7racer
18) spiderguy (3x)

CF Door Sills:
1) ecarfan
2) Seth Pascale
3) asgard
4) Nvbob

CF Rear Spoiler:
1) bart513
2) samcarney
3) m0rph
4) djp
5) jbadger
6) spiderguy (2x)

CF Exterior Side Vents:
1) bart513
2) djp
3) Seth Pascale
4) marco2228
5) mookhead

CF Hood:
1) samcarney
2) m0rph
3) jbadger
4) asgard

CF Front Spoiler:
1) jbadger

CF Mirror Caprs:
1) m0rph

Last edited:
Well, I'm a bit hungry for more info here..

Let's have a look at this topic. A lot of people replied, expressing their interest in almost 10 different interior and exterior parts. And no one mentionned mirror caps yet :smile:

Many, as myself, are thinking about a combination of parts to change the look of their Roadster. Some were very serious and eager to buy, others were probably more daydreaming I guess.. After all, we were replying to your question about what might interest us:

It looks like there's a demand for CF tail light surrounds and a few other parts. If there's still interest we'd love to spearhead the Roadster aftermarket initiative! What parts would you like to see?

The tail lights are not the highest on my priority list to be honest, but more like a "nice to have". But I don't want them without a matching rear spoiler. And all of that at a significant lower price than what Tesla would charge for it (see orignal post of this topic). So, it would nice to know what the price would be for other parts too, and minimum production numbers.

Blowing new life in an old topic only 4 days ago, then putting everyone who showed interest in 1 of the parts on a list, announcing a price and starting production in 1 week just doesn't do it for me. Look at the topic about the custom rotors, more people join the groupbuy as they find out later. Others need time to think about it. Give us pricing and options. Set a deadline 2 months from now and let us try to fill the lists for other parts too. Just my 2c.

Despite all that, still a great initiative..

How hard would the cf taillights be to install?

This is also the concern I expressed.

I appreciate that Kofi@KonceptCars has offered to include instructions with the tails, but I think an idea of what's involved will go a long way in helping some make a decision.

If we're talking about a Philips screwdriver and 10 minutes, that's one thing. If we're talking about needing access to a lift, removing both rear wheels, the inner wheel liners, and 3 hours per side...that's something else!

This is also the concern I expressed.

I appreciate that Kofi@KonceptCars has offered to include instructions with the tails, but I think an idea of what's involved will go a long way in helping some make a decision.

If we're talking about a Philips screwdriver and 10 minutes, that's one thing. If we're talking about needing access to a lift, removing both rear wheels, the inner wheel liners, and 3 hours per side...that's something else!

Agreed. Details would be extremely helpful.

Rear lights disassemble in short:
-remove three rubber plugs in the CF trunk
-remove three (10 mm) nuts
-cut the cables
-remove the three LED lights (tightened with two nuts each)

Assembly the other way around:)
So the tail lights are a bit more work incl. soldering for the assemble.

On the left side one also has to disassemble and reassemble the trunk release. I don't know if it's possible to do this without removing the big rear body panel.

Frontsplitter, rear diffusor, rear spoiler will be much easier to replace. There rear spoiler is just being hold by 4 screws.

-cut the cables

On the left side one also has to disassemble and reassemble the trunk release. I don't know if it's possible to do this without removing the big rear body panel.

Frontsplitter, rear diffusor, rear spoiler will be much easier to replace. There rear spoiler is just being hold by 4 screws.

Thanks marco2228 for the description. How long would you estimate for disassembly/assembly? It'd be helpful if you could share your experience with us. I'll be in contact with TM to also get a quote for installation through a SC.

Congratulations to AltPwr ​who placed the first order for the true CF Tail Lights last night! Names of those who've ordered will be bolded in the request list below.

m0rph, there isn't a cut-off date to order any of these parts. The request list remains open and we'll move forward when 10 initial minimum orders are placed for each CF part. The demand for the CF tail lights is growing and we're supplying them as requested. We're hoping to keep the prices of these CF sets in the $600 to $1200 range. Our scalability is a fraction of TM and we're asking that you kindly consider these are low-production, hand-made, built to order pieces. The benefit of manufacturing locally, is that we have the flexibility to start production of the spoilers, vents, hood etc. on a rolling basis as orders come in.

EDIT: We need 2 more Rear Spoiler requests to also start these during the first week of March.

CF Tail Lights:
1) bonnie
2) NigelM
3) Habious
4) spaceballs
5) bart513
6) m0rph
7) AltPowr
8) djp
9) Seth Pascale
10) marco2228
11) mookhead
12) jbadger
13) asgard
14) Jaff
15) ibcs
16) djp
17) 7racer
18) spiderguy (3x)
19) rudy sanchez

CF Door Sills:
1) ecarfan
2) Seth Pascale
3) asgard
4) Nvbob
5) rudy sanchez

CF Rear Spoiler:
1) bart513
2) samcarney
3) m0rph
4) djp
5) jbadger
6) spiderguy (2x)
7) rudy sanchez
8) Habious

CF Exterior Side Vents:
1) bart513
2) djp
3) Seth Pascale
4) marco2228
5) mookhead
6) rudy sanchez

CF Hood:
1) samcarney
2) m0rph
3) jbadger
4) asgard
5) rudy sanchez

CF Front Spoiler:
1) jbadger
2) rudy sanchez

CF Mirror Caprs:
1) m0rph

Last edited:
You can put me down for a rear spoiler (I'm already on the list for CF tails).

I'm interested in the hood as well, but that'll be price dependent. And, with the hood, will it be the 4 pieces (and it's up to us to get the old pieces off and install the new ones - I saw that discussed here before, and it wasn't a simple job at all), or will it be the entire hood assembly...just bolt it in and go?

It all comes back to my original concern - not just the price of the part, but also the level of effort required to install it and/or will it require a level of effort beyond my capabilities, so that means I'd also have to factor in the labor cost of having one or more of the parts professionally installed.

You can put me down for a rear spoiler (I'm already on the list for CF tails).

I'm interested in the hood as well, but that'll be price dependent. And, with the hood, will it be the 4 pieces (and it's up to us to get the old pieces off and install the new ones - I saw that discussed here before, and it wasn't a simple job at all), or will it be the entire hood assembly...just bolt it in and go?

It all comes back to my original concern - not just the price of the part, but also the level of effort required to install it and/or will it require a level of effort beyond my capabilities, so that means I'd also have to factor in the labor cost of having one or more of the parts professionally installed.

For the hood we'll research both options. It'll definitely be easier to DIY and bolt in a full assembly, considering what it takes to remove the OEM hood panels. If it's just the 4 pieces a SC or body shop would likely perform the install.

We'll be documenting the installation process that we go through and also inquire with TM as to their estimate of work for installation. I'll ensure everyone has a clear understanding of how to install each CF part and the associated range of labor costs. I've had AMG, Brabus, and Lorinser aftermarket products on my personal vehicles and completely understand the importance of working with a reliable vendor who provides follow-up support.:smile:

-cut the cables

You left out one important piece. The 10mm nuts and the washers behind them are deep enough behind the access holes that you can't grab them with your fingers. That makes it really easy for the nuts and especially the washers to fall down into the bumper never to be seen again. I thought I was smart to use a magnet to hold onto them but the washers (and I think the nuts?) are mostly stainless so it has to be a strong magnet. Mine was almost strong enough! I had to replace some washers. :frown:

Installation estimates from 3 SC's:

- Tail Light install $80-100 range. Approx 2 hrs.
- CF Hood install $800 range. Approx 20 hrs.
- CF Spoiler install. $40-50 range. Approx 1 hr.

Independent shops should quote similar.

Last edited:
I'm willing to give Kofi a shot and assume these will turn out nice, so I have paid. I'm assuming that the project can't move ahead without a certain number of paid orders in place? Is anyone else willing to move forward? I plan to install my tail light surrounds, so I can take pictures and document the process.