Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Aftermarket CF goodies for the Roadster - Feeler - Lets make it happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You left out one important piece. The 10mm nuts and the washers behind them are deep enough behind the access holes that you can't grab them with your fingers. That makes it really easy for the nuts and especially the washers to fall down into the bumper never to be seen again. I thought I was smart to use a magnet to hold onto them but the washers (and I think the nuts?) are mostly stainless so it has to be a strong magnet. Mine was almost strong enough! I had to replace some washers. :frown:
The nuts were not a problem at all, I used a nut driver for them. But you are right about the washers. You can pick some with the fingers, when pulling the tail light out carefully, but there's one on each side, which is extremely hard to pick and will probably fall down. So simply using a magnet for all of them would probably be a good idea;)

Well, for $80 - $100, I wouldn't even think of doing it myself;)

LOL that's pretty funny! Good luck with that!

(Psst: Take those numbers, multiply by 5.)
Are independents higher in your area? The quotes are directly from 3 local Service Centers. I only inquired about specific installation costs and time for Roadster CF parts. I might be able get a Northern CA SC on board for these installs. I believe they've installed aftermarket wheels before.:smile:

We just received 2 more confirmed orders for the CF Tail Lights!

bart513 we'll try keeping the other CF parts in the $600-$1200 range. The hood is the only piece we anticipate could be more, if it's a complete bolt-on assembly. Still, it'll be much less than $4000. The size/volume of the CF Tail Lights is similar to the OEM CF Upper Door Sills. Those are $1600/set from TM. Our CF Tail Lights are about 60% of that.
Our fabricator is a 10 year expert in automotive composites. He's done OEM design and fabrication work for Ford and Toyota. We'll make sure these parts are the same spec as Tesla's.

CF Tail Lights:

1) bonnie
2) NigelM
3) Habious
4) spaceballs
5) bart513
6) m0rph
7) AltPowr
8) djp
9) Seth Pascale
10) marco2228
11) mookhead
12) jbadger
13) asgard
14) Jaff
15) ibcs
16) 7racer
17) spiderguy (3x)
18) rudy sanchez
19) Private TMC buyer
20) Botbldr45

CF Door Sills:
1) ecarfan
2) Seth Pascale
3) asgard
4) Nvbob
5) rudy sanchez

CF Rear Spoiler:
1) bart513
2) samcarney
3) m0rph
4) djp
5) jbadger
6) spiderguy (2x)
7) rudy sanchez
8) Habious
9) Private TMC buyer

CF Exterior Side Vents:
1) bart513
2) djp
3) Seth Pascale
4) marco2228
5) mookhead
6) rudy sanchez
7) Private TMC buyer

CF Hood:
1) samcarney
2) m0rph
3) jbadger
4) asgard
5) rudy sanchez

CF Front Spoiler:
1) jbadger
2) rudy sanchez

CF Mirror Caprs:
1) m0rph

Last edited:
CF Tail Light production outline:

- We're set to start production on Wednesday 3/4
- Creating the molds should be another 2-3 weeks
- The last week of March/first week of April we'll start producing confirmed orders
- The first order deliveries are expected the second and third week of April

We'll provide local installations at the same rate as SCs.

We should be receiving the OEM tail light housing set this evening, tomorrow at the latest. I'm keeping track of delivery and will update with pics upon receipt. I've included samples of our fabricator's work. We'll make sure the CF weave and direction matches properly.

Carbon Fiber Samples

We can re-finish/re-produce almost every trim piece in CF. I've also received requests for custom CF pieces for the MS. Should we make a build-to-order CF thread in the Sponsor section?

CF Tail Lights:
1) bonnie
2) NigelM
3) Habious
4) spaceballs
5) bart513
6) m0rph
7) AltPowr
8) djp
9) Seth Pascale
10) marco2228
11) mookhead
12) jbadger
13) asgard
14) Jaff
15) ibcs
16) 7racer
17) spiderguy (3x)
18) rudy sanchez
19) Private TMC buyer
20) Botbldr45

CF Door Sills:
1) ecarfan
2) Seth Pascale
3) asgard
4) Nvbob
5) rudy sanchez
6) Curt

CF Rear Spoiler:
1) bart513
2) samcarney
3) m0rph
4) djp
5) jbadger
6) spiderguy (2x)
7) rudy sanchez
8) Habious
9) Private TMC buyer

CF Exterior Side Vents:
1) bart513
2) djp
3) Seth Pascale
4) marco2228
5) mookhead
6) rudy sanchez
7) Private TMC buyer

CF Hood:
1) samcarney
2) m0rph
3) jbadger
4) asgard
5) rudy sanchez

CF Front Spoiler:
1) jbadger
2) rudy sanchez

CF Mirror Caprs:
1) m0rph

Last edited:
Kofi, on the tail lights, the plan is to create the piece completely out of carbon fiber, so I assume it will be a bit different than the other one pictured earlier in this thread? That one had the round areas on the sides of the actual light parts still regular plastic. See the following picture - I'm talking about the part are all 3 lights - I highlighted a small section of it in green. I have not pulled my lights out yet, so I don't know if that part is connected to the overall tail light housing, or if it's connected to the actual 3 lights. Actually, I'm not sure which would look nicer - leaving that plain or having it in CF - however mine is somewhat dull, not shiny, so would not look good against nice shiny CF. Looking at it on my car, it really looks like all one piece. Will that be an issue forming the CF in tiny sharp creases like that?

CFtails.jpg

AltPowr, we don't foresee an issue forming our entire housings in carbon fiber even with sharp creases. The pictured housings are actually entirely carbon fiber. It appears the highlighted part shows the circular bezels as dark grey plastic, when they're also carbon fiber. The individual lights are input through the backside of the housing separately. We should have the OEM housing assemblies in later today to verify. I'll update accordingly with our findings.

AltPowr, we don't foresee an issue forming our entire housings in carbon fiber even with sharp creases. The pictured housings are actually entirely carbon fiber. It appears the highlighted part shows the circular bezels as dark grey plastic, when they're also carbon fiber. The individual lights are input through the backside of the housing separately. We should have the OEM housing assemblies in later today to verify. I'll update accordingly with our findings.

With due respect to Kofi. Those taillights are not all carbon fiber. They are the original plastic housings with a carbon fiber overlay. At the time Carbon One that did the work they considered it to be to difficult to make a mold. I settled for an overlay, the look is still great IMO.

With due respect to Kofi. Those taillights are not all carbon fiber. They are the original plastic housings with a carbon fiber overlay. At the time Carbon One that did the work they considered it to be to difficult to make a mold. I settled for an overlay, the look is still great IMO.
samcarney, thanks for the pointer. Your overlay has good depth and really looks like it's a true CF part; My eyes didn't deceive me too much. Ours will look just as great as those, I'm just waiting on UPS...:smile:

Nice to see you have the tail light surrounds in hand. Next step the molds.

Unfortunately my service centre confirmed that they cannot install third party parts by policy. I don't mind doing it myself, but think I'll let someone else go first. :smile: