Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket CF rear diffuser - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been searching for about 20 minutes with no success.

Does anyone know which brand diffuser this is (and fenders for that matter)? I saw it driving down the 10 here in LA, really love how subtle it all is and isn't as aggressive as other options.

IMG_5042.JPG

Thanks,
Alex

Definitely the TLargo kit but the exact same kits can be found on Alibaba and eBay. You'd think by watching his videos that he's the most amazing man ever, his company is HUGE and that he created these on his own in his garage making foam molds and/or contracting someone to make them for him...but in reality his company is small and he's just happens to be one of like two companies being a reseller and promoting a product to a market most probably wouldn't have seen otherwise...for a generous markup.

With that said, I'll be doing the CF overfenders treatment to my X as well as a first mod...besides wheels.

Thats a T-Largo P90D from T-SportLine. $$$
Damn. Good call. I couldn't find it since it's not on their market with a price.

Definitely the TLargo kit but the exact same kits can be found on Alibaba and eBay. You'd think by watching his videos that he's the most amazing man ever, his company is HUGE and that he created these on his own in his garage making foam molds and/or contracting someone to make them for him...but in reality his company is small and he's just happens to be one of like two companies being a reseller and promoting a product to a market most probably wouldn't have seen otherwise...for a generous markup.

With that said, I'll be doing the CF overfenders treatment to my X as well as a first mod...besides wheels.
When you say "exact same" how exact same we talking?

Dear goodness:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Our T-Largo program is limited to only 20 custom built for the United States. Each one is numbered and already 18 of them have been built. There are only two spots left!

The program is $38,000 installed at our Lake Balboa, CA. facility. The build requires two weeks of prep before you drop off your X and then an additional two weeks for installation."

I can throw my sticker onto a part, clear coat over it and call it special as well. You think no one has EVER bought stuff in small or large quantities, thrown their name on it and resold it as their own via a few website...that's literally the definition of just about every eCommerce website, ad on Facebook, IG, etc etc.

Once again, all the parts they sell are also for sale on Alibaba/eBay...coincidence? Way to make it sound super exclusive by saying "only two spots left so hurry up and send me $38k or you'll miss out!!!" If you REALLY think these parts cost $38k without installation then I can't help open your eyes. Even if the Alibaba/eBay ones don't have perfect fitment, that leaves THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS leftover to pay a body shop to make them fit perfectly...but damn if you don't feel exclusive now because you didn't pay an outrageous price for the placebo and perception of exclusivity lol.

How about this...considering how wildly small the market is for Model X overfenders, do you think Alibaba/eBay partnered up and paid $38k for this guys kit just to copy it...or bear with me here...he's just reselling their stuff. :mind blown: If you REALLY believe he created them, then I'll buy two kits and I'll sell you one set for $19k and I'll put your name on it for true exclusivity.

Last edited:
I can throw my sticker onto a part, clear coat over it and call it special as well. You think no one has EVER bought stuff in small or large quantities, thrown their name on it and resold it as their own via a few website...that's literally the definition of just about every eCommerce website, ad on Facebook, IG, etc etc.

Once again, all the parts they sell are also for sale on Alibaba/eBay...coincidence? Way to make it sound super exclusive by saying "only two spots left so hurry up and send me $38k or you'll miss out!!!" If you REALLY think these parts cost $38k without installation then I can't help open your eyes. Even if the Alibaba/eBay ones don't have perfect fitment, that leaves THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS leftover to pay a body shop to make them fit perfectly...but damn if you don't feel exclusive now because you didn't pay an outrageous price for the placebo and perception of exclusivity lol.

How about this...considering how wildly small the market is for Model X overfenders, do you think Alibaba/eBay partnered up and paid $38k for this guys kit just to copy it...or bear with me here...he's just reselling their stuff. :mind blown: If you REALLY believe he created them, then I'll buy two kits and I'll sell you one set for $19k and I'll put your name on it for true exclusivity.
I agree mostly with you. (playing a little devils advocate) But I think the 38K also includes a full interior re-wrap, Wheels/Tires, etc. If I had to guess.. 10-15k max or so for all of that. Not including labor/paint/etc. I still think the 38k is absurd, but if people will pay it...then the demand is there. Also, everything is on alibaba (I've purchased many kits there too) I will say I can't find their particular rear bumper. Maybe they have a contract with tooling for that design.

Reactions: evoalex and m5james
Fair enough, I've entertained the idea of learning to wrap myself...there's two YouTubers who've done detailed how to for X specifically. I just can't bring myself to pay for a wrap that costs nearly as much as a paint job but only will last 5yrs before it needs to be redone.

Yeah, I've seen a few aftermarket bumpers that are hit and miss for me. Honestly at this point though I'm fine with some overfenders and matching front/rear valences, all in CF since my X is black, and call it a day...no painting needed, just bolt and go.

Im with ya 100%. It is a pretty insane amount for what it is. That's what I was saying.

I'll check my luck on Alibaba and see what I can find, haha.

Reactions: m5james
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick...I'm coming from BMW's and I got sick of being charged the "M tax" and have seen much of the exact same thing from vendors over there as well only to literally find the same parts online. The amount of people that bootlicker Dinan parts by paying $1k for simple 4"x12" intake tubes and $6k for $3k rebadged supercharger kits was mind boggling.

PayPal is really good about taking care of buyers when buying from any vendors, especially if things aren't as advertised and PayPal will even cover return shipping if the seller demands their parts back. I bought a bumper for my X5M, shipper might as well have wrapped it in papermache since every corner was exposed and the whole bumper was scratched up...a few emails to PayPal got my $1k back and I got to keep the bumper since the repair shop quotes cost more than the replacement...now if I only knew how to do plastic welding and was better at fiberglass repair!!!

As for buying on Alibaba in general vs eBay, other than LONG shipping times, I've had good luck. I've only bought a handful things...valve cover keyrings that match the car they go for, frunk shocks for my MR2 and an Android based screen for our BMW 535. Everything's been fine so far, they even sent me longer shocks and revised their kit after the fact for the MR2 when I expressed that the shocks needed additional length to open at least as wide as it did before when using the prop rod...very pleasant experiences overall so far.

I'll be ordering some CF parts after my X gets delivered and sure as *sugar* I'll be paying through PayPal. Keep us posted if you get it done before anyone else does!!

Last edited:
Reactions: evoalex
Im with ya 100%. It is a pretty insane amount for what it is. That's what I was saying.

I'll check my luck on Alibaba and see what I can find, haha.
When you say "exact same" how exact same we talking?

Very exact. As in, originated there.

Nearly every CF piece you see sold by American vendors came from Alibaba, or one of their vendors. Hint: Any major CF vendor is on Alibaba.

I've spent thousands on Alibaba, been amazing transactions thus far, aside from shipping cost and time.

I'm mulling this one over now. The fins are a little aggressive for me.

1656840961494.png

Reactions: m5james