TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aftermarket CF Spoilers

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mickie, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Mickie

Mickie Member

I've noticed quite a price disparage between these. I take it the quality varies? $1,500 for Tesla's, $1,100 for Tsportline's wider application, all the way down to the $200 range.

Personal input would b great!

2. bigmaple1

bigmaple1 Member

I got a $250 matt CF version from a california shop. There are a few small blemishes that you can feel on the underside, but not enough to bother me. Look pretty similar to the OEM in style, but I haven't installed it yet. It was well packaged for shipment.

• Helpful x 1
  3. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Here are a few installation photos ... super easy 3M tape :cool: IMG_3602.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

• Like x 3
  4. Mickie

Mickie Member

Thanks for those, Flat! I like your rear window decal, too. Would you say the weave and overall quality are up there with say, Tesla's spoiler?

So I take it the ones priced in the $200 range are Chinese made, perhaps. I've heard some are hollow, while others are of a more solid nature, presumably the higher priced ones.

5. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Yes, Chinese made and decent quality. I was looking for a gloss finish rather than the OEM matt finish.

6. Mickie

Mickie Member

Yeah, I wasn't sure how I felt about gloss CF with my matte CF interior. But I don't think that's an affront, as long as interior stays matte and exterior is either all gloss or all matte. The Z06 I was eyeballing prior had CF matte interior and CF gloss exterior from the factory.

7. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

Since you asked for opinions, I think "spoilers" are exactly what the name implies. The spoil the look of the Model S.

8. GJ79

GJ79 Member

I have the Original one from Tesla and it's a peice of crap that started peeling. So I would hope it's better than Tesla's no Quality version.

• Informative x 1
  9. verdee

verdee Member

I bought one off amazon and it was slightly warped and didn't sit flush on the passenger side. Tried multiple things to get it fixed but it never looked right. It finally cracked when I was removing it. Tempted to try again, but don't want to end up in the same situation

• Informative x 1
  10. alsetmotors

alsetmotors New Member

Alset Motors has excellent quality and a Lifetime Warranty. Many of the cheaper spoilers are knock offs and you risk getting a warped one or knock off 3M tape. check them out at www.alsetmotors.com

Here's an install video as well.