TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aftermarket Custom Steering Wheel From RPM Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Dannyzuko, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dannyzuko

Dannyzuko Member

Im kinda new here so please forgive me if this topic has already been covered.

I purchased my Tesla a while back and have been thinking about doing a few small custom upgrades. One that has always kinda caught my eye was the steering wheel. Many if my friends have Porsche’s and Ferrari’s. And I love there steering wheels, especially the red top dead center ring. I own a P85 model S Tesla and it has the black seats with the red piping around them. I thought this would be the perfect accent! I did a search on the web and found a company called RPM Tesla selling them. So I called to find out if they could make me on with the red top dead center ring as well as adding the red stitching. They said YES! And viola!!! About 2 weeks later they emailed me letting me know it was finished. I just love the way it looks but the feel!! The feel is even better!! WOW!!! Believe me if you get one you will understand.... What a great experience. Thanks again RPM Tesla you guys are the best! O and one more thing, it also comes heated:)

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

Looks awesome! I plan to get one of their wheels at some point. BTW, you should get the carbon fiber inlay piece for the bottom of the wheel just to finish it off nicely.

3. BlackS

BlackS Supporting Member

How much was the custom work extra? I know the steering wheels are $995 without the extra work.

4. Dannyzuko

Dannyzuko Member

Was a couple hundred more :)

5. BlackS

BlackS Supporting Member

Cool....totally worth it! Looks sweet!!

6. Dannyzuko

Dannyzuko Member

Thanks. I really like the fact that this is actually an OEM Tesla Steering wheel that has been stripped and customized.

7. BlackS

BlackS Supporting Member

On a side note....your psi readouts on your tires says 51psi? Thats kinda high don't you think?

8. Kandiru

Kandiru Active Member

Tesla used to specify 55, i always pump 45.

9. Sultan AK

Sultan AK New Member

Tha

Thank you for the feedback about RPM steering wheel, I always want to hear from someone who made business with them.

I am thinking of ordering the wooden wheel for my model 3 to match the interior of the car.
    I have a question about installation, I checked their video and it looks simple and can be done by myself.

How did you have your installed?
    I didn't make up my mind about how to have it put in the car.

Thanks

10. Fragger

Fragger Member

Looks amazing, congratulations OP!

11. SilverGS

SilverGS Active Member

It looks fantastic!!!

12. ekh321

ekh321 New Member

Looks awesome!!!