TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aftermarket glossy seatback

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by superx, Aug 8, 2018.

1. superx

superx Member

Since Tesla no longer offer glossy seatback for Model X, I am trying to get after market options and i found 2:

1) Tesla Model X Carbon Fiber Seatback Set

Expensive. The installation video is not very clear. Is this just snap on or replacement? how hard or easy to do it? since 2 people doing it in the video so I don't think it is easy

2) R-Zentric Products by Revozport

This one is cheaper and it is just snap-on and look easy to install. But, is this durable? easily get a ding or scraches?

If you have purchased and installed one before, please kindly share your experience. Thanks!

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Both are taped on ..best just wrap not worth those ripoff prices IMO

• Like x 2
  3. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Agreed, or a 3rd option.

Remove the seat backs yourself and paint it. You can either spray it with an enamel type spray like the Duplicolor Premium Enamel in Gloss Black; or bring it to your local body shop to have them spray it. If you do the wrenching, it'll cost about $300-$500.

• Informative x 1
  4. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

You will get lots of fingerprints. scratches etc on them. If I can get the matte ones I would

5. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

I have matte one the S, gloss on the X. I prefer the x, it’s easier to clean.

6. choosetoshrug

choosetoshrug Member

If you have matte, I’ll trade you mine.