Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket lift gate stop for low clearance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't go with the power lift gate option, but realized after delivery that my garage in Manhattan has another car parked above it limiting the gate's ability to open all the way. Makes it very challenging to get into and not scratch the spoiler area. Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution that stops the lift gate from going past a certain point?

So incredibly disappointed that there is no power lift gate. I skipped the tech package, overlooking the lift gate was not standard. It's standard in my Lexus from 2006. Who would have thought. I called service to pay whatever it took to get one added since I have the kids carseats in the back. Guess what? They won't/can't do it after you get the car.

They said aftermarket is my only option. Anyone know of a reputable aftermarket solution? I'll pay whatever cost. It's a major disappointment to me, just assumed it came with the car, and certainly if you pay to get the rear facing seat package.

So incredibly disappointed that there is no power lift gate. I skipped the tech package, overlooking the lift gate was not standard. It's standard in my Lexus from 2006. Who would have thought. I called service to pay whatever it took to get one added since I have the kids carseats in the back. Guess what? They won't/can't do it after you get the car.

They said aftermarket is my only option. Anyone know of a reputable aftermarket solution? I'll pay whatever cost. It's a major disappointment to me, just assumed it came with the car, and certainly if you pay to get the rear facing seat package.

Same here, very disappointed. Also disappointed that I didn't realize there wasn't SiriusXM on my non pano roof Model S.