Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Model 3/Y Taillights available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
Florida
The interwebs (plus Far-eastern manufacturers) have spoken - and the first mass produced aftermarket replacements are here.

The design and internal layout matches similar aftermarket taillights for other popular platforms... coincidence? ish don't think so.

Reporting impartially, without opinion or stake in these. Like, love, hate away.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,141
  • s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 366
  • s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 340
  • $_1.jpeg
    $_1.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 324
  • s-l400 (3).jpg
    s-l400 (3).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 293
  • s-l400 (4).jpg
    s-l400 (4).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
The only aftermarket tails or headlights I've ever really liked are Morimoto ones because they're done well. The main draw of things like this is to replace crappy looking incandescent bulb tails with LED ones. What's the point on our cars when they're already nice and of better quality.

Reactions: MODEL+
I actually like the design, just without those vertical blocks everywhere - it's just too busy with those. The dynamic turn signals and reverse lights are cool too (the reverse should be just a horizontal strip and not blocks)...even better would be animated turn signals like the new Audi's, but it would have to be done right with a fluid animation.

Reactions: judikj7
Hi everyone,

I've never been a big fan of the Model 3 tail lights and have been looking at ways of customizing it... I've seen people who've put strips of light that shine through the tail gate but it looked not OEM enough.

Recently Hansshow has come out with "streamer"/fishbone tail lights. The first stock image (where the hazards' yellow/turn signals are on) looks awkward but without that, the lights look pretty cool! Has anyone used something similar or are they planning on doing something similar?

Hi everyone,

I've never been a big fan of the Model 3 tail lights and have been looking at ways of customizing it... I've seen people who've put strips of light that shine through the tail gate but it looked not OEM enough.

Recently Hansshow has come out with "streamer"/fishbone tail lights. The first stock image (where the hazards' yellow/turn signals are on) looks awkward but without that, the lights look pretty cool! Has anyone used something similar or are they planning on doing something similar?
I have seen them on a Tesla from the Netherlands. Here is a video of the installer:

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt and KenC
Just FYI, I've seen these on AliExpress for about half of what you can get them for on Hansshow. Might want to check that out. Better to pay $450 than $730. My guess is that it's the exact same manufacturer, just different supplier.

this is the same with everything else made in China. You are cutting out the middle man. The negative is you wait longer to ship. All these companies selling Tesla stuff are buying in bulk from Ali express and reselling to usa customers. Same with sellers on Amazon too. It’s why you see such crazy names on many products. They aren’t making them, just buying it unbranded from China and selling to you.

this is the same with everything else made in China. You are cutting out the middle man. The negative is you wait longer to ship. All these companies selling Tesla stuff are buying in bulk from Ali express and reselling to usa customers. Same with sellers on Amazon too. It’s why you see such crazy names on many products. They aren’t making them, just buying it unbranded from China and selling to you.
Yeah same with everything I bought for my car, there are US sellers who sells my fulllip kit for $3,000 but it’s on aliexpress for $1,500 but 2 months shipping. Smaller interior stuff they fly it to you so it’s less then 2 weeks which is fast for me.