Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Plaid Graphic Emblem Placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really liked the look of the Plaid graphic emblem as seen on the 20 cars delivered at the event in CA. As I figured, some (many) enterprising companies took to making third party emblems for those who weren't fortunate enough to be invited (I wasn't). I ordered and received an emblem from overseas. It is fairly heavy and appears to be a high quality reproduction. The question now is: Do I put it on the car and where?

Some mock-up thoughts for locations:

Plaid Trunk 1.jpg

Plaid Trunk 2.jpg

Plaid Trunk 3.jpg

Yeah, I'm not a Photochopping pro and my car is dirty mess. It's been raining constantly here.

I'm leaning towards the empty driver's side of the trunk lid... i.e. the first photo. I considered replacing the OEM "Plaid" emblem, but that would require "surgery" and people might think I just bought a LR and stuck a Plaid emblem on it. I'm sure there will be a LOT of that happening.

Thoughts?

I really liked the look of the Plaid graphic emblem as seen on the 20 cars delivered at the event in CA. As I figured, some (many) enterprising companies took to making third party emblems for those who weren't fortunate enough to be invited (I wasn't). I ordered and received an emblem from overseas. It is fairly heavy and appears to be a high quality reproduction. The question now is: Do I put it on the car and where?

View attachment 694875

View attachment 694876

View attachment 694877

Yeah, I'm not a Photochopping pro and my car is dirty mess. It's been raining constantly here.

I'm leaning towards the empty driver's side of the trunk lid... i.e. the first photo. I considered replacing the OEM "Plaid" emblem, but that would require "surgery" and people might think I just bought a LR and stuck a Plaid emblem on it. I'm sure there will be a LOT of that happening.

Thoughts?
I was thinking of doing the same on my car (to be delivered in about 5 weeks)…replacing the text badge with the launch graphic as having both is to much for my taste (but if ya kept both, I’d vote graphic below text).

May I ask where ya got it?

I was thinking of doing the same on my car (to be delivered in about 5 weeks)…replacing the text badge with the launch graphic as having both is to much for my taste (but if ya kept both, I’d vote graphic below text).

May I ask where ya got it?
I did a search on eBay... there are several. I bought this one: Automotive Tesla Plaid Badge 3D Logo Clear 3M Self-adhesive for Model S X 3 Y | eBay

I'm happy with the build quality. Heavy metal and paint seems to be within the crazy lines. Comes with 3M adhesive applied on the back and they applied it so it wouldn't show through the many open spots in the graphic. Seems to be the correct size, but without someone sending me measurements from an actual event car, I don't know that for sure.

View attachment 694875

View attachment 694876

View attachment 694877

Thoughts?
Hello, how are you? I like the middle picture with the plaid logo over the Plaid. I have the plaid letters off now, as my guy said it is cheesy made. I want to see about putting it back on with the plaid logo, or leave the plaid logo (shield) on alone. I think it is awesome looking but not sure if I would get sick of it on black. I like the look of the black with the shield. Look at this.....Your thought?tesla-model-s-plaid-rear-badge-scaled.jpeg

Where did you order the Plaid Badge, the ones I see on ebay and Amazon are not 100% replicas they actually messed up on the white sections if you compare it with the real thing. I was planning on trying to see if I could order one from Tesla directly but haven't gotten around to stopping by a service center to ask.

Right now I just have my Plaid badges and Tesla badges blacked out because I got the car wrapped.

Where did you order the Plaid Badge, the ones I see on ebay and Amazon are not 100% replicas they actually messed up on the white sections if you compare it with the real thing. I was planning on trying to see if I could order one from Tesla directly but haven't gotten around to stopping by a service center to ask.

Right now I just have my Plaid badges and Tesla badges blacked out because I got the car wrapped.
Hi JJY....

AUTEK Automotive 3D Alloy Plaid Rear Decor Badge Stickers Three-Dimensional Decor Plaid Emblems Mark Compatible for Tesla Model Y/X/S/3Y

Note, this may not be a replica either but does the trick for me. Have to have a "microscope" to see if it doesn't match. It just looks good and is strong. I put it above the plaid lettering and left the lettering in chrome, the only chrome I have on the car. Again, may not be an exact replica, but does the trick for this guy.

Hi JJY....

AUTEK Automotive 3D Alloy Plaid Rear Decor Badge Stickers Three-Dimensional Decor Plaid Emblems Mark Compatible for Tesla Model Y/X/S/3Y

Note, this may not be a replica either but does the trick for me. Have to have a "microscope" to see if it doesn't match. It just looks good and is strong. I put it above the plaid lettering and left the lettering in chrome, the only chrome I have on the car. Again, may not be an exact replica, but does the trick for this guy.
I really liked the way yours looked so I copied you. My car is filthy after driving through that Ida crap yesterday.

I used this one from Amazon. It’s VERY well painted and sturdy metal. The trunk is curved as you know so I took time to work it down.

Nansure Car Decals 3D Metal Alloy Rear Trunk Emblem Sticker Badge Decals Compatible Tesla Model S Plaid Model 3 Model X Model Y Decorative Accessories
by Nansure
Learn more: Amazon.com

Attachments

• 69C0407B-6072-48C6-A1FB-271877D92716.jpeg
    69C0407B-6072-48C6-A1FB-271877D92716.jpeg
    641.6 KB · Views: 482

View attachment 694875

View attachment 694876

View attachment 694877

Thoughts?
Hi, can ypu provide me the info on how to order the logo "PLAID"?

My email: [email protected]

Thanks

Hi, can ypu provide me the info on how to order the logo "PLAID"?

My email: [email protected]

Thanks
Sure Roger... this is the one I ordered. It stuck well to my car and hasn't fallen off yet.

Click the link and Buy It Now...

I found a black plaid badge and black plaid letters. I like the look and don’t think it looks cheesy. Just my .02

Attachments

• 5262C386-320B-4C0D-B3D4-BE4F15E7E845.jpeg
    5262C386-320B-4C0D-B3D4-BE4F15E7E845.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 931
  • C5A67FD0-9E3D-446F-AE5D-0B64E84252A2.jpeg
    C5A67FD0-9E3D-446F-AE5D-0B64E84252A2.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 10545A91-A7BB-477B-AEEC-A1ED71490F4B.jpeg
    10545A91-A7BB-477B-AEEC-A1ED71490F4B.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 353
I really wish Tesla offered their spaceballs Plaid badge. I would only place it in the original orientation that Tesla had placed it at the delivery event with out the “plaid” underneath it otherwise it looks too busy imo.

It looks cheesy if you have the “plaid” badge and the spaceballs plaid badge.

There is something wrong about paying $140k+ and then sticking a $20 badge off eBay on the car in some random spot. I have one of the badges and it just sits on my desk. It’s cool, but I can’t get myself to pull the “plaid” badge off and replace it with this cheap replica.

This car as it sits is too clean.

Attachments

• FBA527DC-1198-4203-9321-CF62A35A44DC.jpeg
    FBA527DC-1198-4203-9321-CF62A35A44DC.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 309