Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Premium Package LED lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody looked into what it would take to install the interior LED lights as well as the LED lights on the door handles after delivery? There must be a spot for the lights to go. It's just a matter of procuring them and having them installed/connected to a power source. At $5000, I certainly won't be entertaining that option when I finally order. I can live without a power lift gate if I must.

Has anybody looked into what it would take to install the interior LED lights as well as the LED lights on the door handles after delivery? There must be a spot for the lights to go. It's just a matter of procuring them and having them installed/connected to a power source. At $5000, I certainly won't be entertaining that option when I finally order. I can live without a power lift gate if I must.

I would wait for a short while and I bet they will do something more reasonable with the Premium Package. Possibly make it more along lines of about $2,500 so it is more reasonable.

I think whatever aftermarket solution you do will likely not be as seamless as the factory option as you'll have to cover wiring on all 4 door, interior door handles and foot wells. Why ambient lighting is not standard on a premium car is beyond me. We are used to German cars and very much appreciate the ambient lighting at night but it is ridiculous to package that as a part of a $5,000 option! Even a Chevrolet Malibu ships with Ambient Lighting and so does even the most basic C class.

IMHO they should have kept the Tech Package just the way it was with HomeLink, rear liftgate closer, and added the ambient and door handling lighting to the Tech Package. They could have called in the Autopilot and enhanced Teach Package.

They could have then left the Premium Package the way it was so they can hopefully one day finally get rid of all the excess Alcantara they might have ordered as few seem to want to pay for it... :)

They seem to have already moved the HomeLink out of the "$5,000 Alcantara Package" so hopefully they will move the lighted door handles and lift gate closer out of that package as well.

The question is whether, if they do make it more reasonable, they screw over those who ordered it by making them pay the full amount on the day of the actual purchase. i.e. the day they pay, pick it up, and sign the purchase agreement.

The question is whether, if they do make it more reasonable, they screw over those who ordered it by making them pay the full amount on the day of the actual purchase. i.e. the day they pay, pick it up, and sign the purchase agreement.

Let's hope not. In the meantime, the overblown price of the Premium Package has me sitting on the sidelines. I was ready to order as soon as Ocean Blue became available, but now I'm on hold until I see how this plays out. It would be nice if the Design Center actually showed everything that is included in the Premium Package. Also, if you are looking at the P85D, which I am, then you are paying twice for the Alcantara. They obviously didn't think all of this through very thoroughly.....just like the Next Gen seats.

It looks like they simply created two groups. Software updatable and physical hardware. This let them create a price for adding tech later, a nice option for those on the fence about auto-pilot.

Given the ability to add tech later, it was no longer possible to include the tailgate lift.

I do wish they had a list of specifics for the better quality interior items.

It looks like they simply created two groups. Software updatable and physical hardware. This let them create a price for adding tech later, a nice option for those on the fence about auto-pilot.

Given the ability to add tech later, it was no longer possible to include the tailgate lift.

I do wish they had a list of specifics for the better quality interior items.

Yeah, you think for $5k they'd list more than they do. Should be some crack in the glovebox and a diamond studded turn signal arm.

I totally feel that every item in the Design Center should have a hot link to professional photos or videos of the item. And every option and feature likewise should be fully illustrated and described. Likewise all the exterior colors should be shown in videos with both daylight, artificial light and cloud cover.

reviving an old thread!

can i get the premium installed aftermarket? has anybody found a hack so i can turn on bio-weapon defense mode? are the carbon filters always there or...?

i know there are light kits for the interior, but fogs, doorlights, etc...? (i realize i wouldn't get the added leather)

I was able to buy a tesla filter and have them install it, but they would not sell me any other the others things above. Frustrating, since they are so inconsistent with what is available, and the lights are a safety option that seems easy to replace.