Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket rim question Tesla Model X center bore hubcentric rings Volk ZE40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dtbsz

Dec 15, 2021
Norway
Hi guys. First post here so sorry if this was discussed before, but I searched and can't find relevant information. No harm in asking right?

So I'm looking for some 19" rims for my 2018 Model X. Everybody seems to go for 20"+ size rims but I'd like to "downgrade" from my stock 20" slipstreams to 19" and I'd like something aftermarket.

My research tells me the specks need to be as follows:

8.5j x 19", ET35, 5x120, center bore 64.1mm.

I found these Volk ZE40 rims (WKZ235WA) that I think would look nice, specks match aside from the center bore size. I'd need a 72.6 mm to 64.1 mm hub-centric ring adapter for that but otherwise, everything seems to match up.

So here come the questions:

Am I missing something?
Do any of you use hub-ring adapters on your X's? Any long-term opinions?
Also, I can't seem to find the weight or the rims or how much weight they can handle. I'll try and contact the manufacturer... Google images showcase the rims on non-SUV type cars and this worries me. Will they be able to handle the weight and stress of the Model X? I don't intend on racing or anything. :))
There aren't that many images of Model X-s with aftermarket rims at all for that matter. What is up with that?! Or if there are they are all 22"-ers. Showoffs... :)

Thank you in advance for your time and input.
Much appreciated!

volk ze40.jpg

Wheel Specs
  • Brand: Volk.
  • Model: ZE40.
  • Color: Bronze.
  • Backspacing: 6.13.
  • Offset: +35.
  • Wheel Diameter: 19.
  • Wheel Width: 8.5.
  • Hub Bore: 72.60.