Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Skyline phone dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't used this product, but I've found if I dock the phone without the retaining wings, my android phone will fall off the dock under acceleration. Not sure how this products gets around that.

I have a lowly 75d with the old 6sec 0-60 acceleration. Doubt that'd be a problem for me. Plus I drive like a grampa most of the times to maximize efficiency...

I have a lowly 75d with the old 6sec 0-60 acceleration. Doubt that'd be a problem for me. Plus I drive like a grampa most of the times to maximize efficiency...

I too own a lowly 75d. One of those old ones, not the fancy shiny new ones that do 0-60 in 4.8s. I can confirm that if you punch it though, and the phone will go flying. But most of the time I drive like an old man, so I don't use the wings.

I've co-created this with a friend. Sent you a PM I'm sure we can work something out :)

PM sent, I'd like to try :)

I too own a lowly 75d. One of those old ones, not the fancy shiny new ones that do 0-60 in 4.8s. I can confirm that if you punch it though, and the phone will go flying. But most of the time I drive like an old man, so I don't use the wings.

PM sent, I'd like to try :)

Folks, I recieved the dock and it doesn't come with the charging cables or guide rails/phone holders. In fact, it's designed to fit the Tesla USB cables from their kit and meant to use the OEM guiderails. It only replaces the screwdown piece that the phone end of the cable is sticking out of. Keep that in mind - if you don't have the Tesla OEM phone dock - it wouldn't be an option for ya.

Also, Joe at Skyline told me they are working on a USB-C version that will come with the cable. Should be available in a couple weeks. I will test that one out and report back.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Just wanted to say, installed this in my X over the weekend.

LOVE IT! Seriously, this should be a factory option.

Works perfectly with my iPhone 7 Plus and Tech21 case.

FYI - I misunderstood the directions at first and backed out the screw that holds the connector in during install of the cord. It still works, albeit he connector sits slightly crooked before I push the phone on.

Just wanted to say, installed this in my X over the weekend.

LOVE IT! Seriously, this should be a factory option.

Works perfectly with my iPhone 7 Plus and Tech21 case.

FYI - I misunderstood the directions at first and backed out the screw that holds the connector in during install of the cord. It still works, albeit he connector sits slightly crooked before I push the phone on.
Do you have the guiderails installed? I have a narrower phone, Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the Tech21 case and it's a very tight fit with the OEM Tesla guiderails meant for the larger phone.

Do you have the guiderails installed? I have a narrower phone, Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the Tech21 case and it's a very tight fit with the OEM Tesla guiderails meant for the larger phone.

No guiderails. The fit was way too narrow. I even dremeled them down, but it still didn't work. Surprisingly with the Tech21 case, there's no movement. If it had been an issue, my plan was to use two strips of thick foam block cut down just enough to not let the phone fall all the way over.

Also, just to note an earlier post. My X didn't come with the adapter, so I bought it off the Tesla shop, and installed both it and the Skyline at the same time. Works perfectly and was extremely easy to install.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Stasla
Pic of my wife’s 7 Plus/Tech21 in the Skyline.

IMG_9335.jpg

Reactions: Stasla
Folks, I recieved the dock and it doesn't come with the charging cables or guide rails/phone holders. In fact, it's designed to fit the Tesla USB cables from their kit and meant to use the OEM guiderails. It only replaces the screwdown piece that the phone end of the cable is sticking out of. Keep that in mind - if you don't have the Tesla OEM phone dock - it wouldn't be an option for ya.

Also, Joe at Skyline told me they are working on a USB-C version that will come with the cable. Should be available in a couple weeks. I will test that one out and report back.

Just wanted to update - had my USB-C Skyline dock for a few months and it's great! Installs same as OEM and built in cable actually makes it more rugged. Perfect fit and works well with OEM guiderails.

Having said that, Skyline has some adjustable guiderails up for sale that I need to check out when I get a chance. They seem to fit a larger selection of phone sizes and cases, making it more future proof.

Well done, Skyline - I'm a very happy customer!