TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aftermarket spoiler - Tacky or cool?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by RonnieKorbas, Apr 8, 2015.

1. RonnieKorbas

RonnieKorbas Member

Trunk Boot Spoiler Unpainted Gray Primer Wing Fit for Tesla Model s 2012 2015 | eBay

What do you think.

Yes, your opinion DOES matter, because you will be the biggest and fairest judges of anyone driving a Model S. Other people don't know any better. I could stick a dildo on top of the car, and they will think it's OEM because they don't know the options of the car.

But what about this spoiler? It's like the OEM one, but with those wing like extensions.

Do you think it's tacky, or cool.
    I was thinking of painting it (or covering it) on the same carbon fiber, opaque color of the OEM ones, just for continuity's sake.

Thoughts?

2. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

I would have to see more pictures. Can't beat the price if it fits well. I paid close to 400$ for my Tesla carbon fiber one so that could be a great deal.

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Seems kind of neat, but that one tiny picture isn't inspiring confidence. From that angle I think it looks neat, but you'll rarely be seeing it from that angle.

4. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Would need to see some different angles. Looks like a spoiler on a Viper.

I prefer no spoiler since the Model S has a nice clean rear lip as is.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Not offensive to me, based on that one pic. Great price, that's for sure. But what about fit and quality? I'm happy with my stock and don't feel compelled to change it. I also actually like the satin finish, though I will buff it to make feel silky smooth. It's a bit rough.

I'd love to see it from the rear.

6. rekoh

rekoh Member

here is the manufacturer website.. they have this product and many others..

Tesla_JC SPORTLINE

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

their other stuff popped up in another thread. the photoshopped and flipped pics were a red flag.

8. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

I'm liking it. Heck I like the body kit also.

9. RonnieKorbas

RonnieKorbas Member

hmm....actually. Don't know if it's the photos, but it looks a little longer than the stock one. And the length is turning me off. It just looks like too much.
    Mine gives the car a sporty/spoiler-y look, but it's somewhat subtle. This just looks....like an aftermarket thing that doesn't quite belong. I'd have to see a picture from the side.