Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket spoiler wiggle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you use the the original tape that Basenor spoiler came with?.... I also installed Basenor spoiler in matte carbon fiber. It seems like the tape they have is not as strong. I have mine installed for a month and it's starting to come off on one end. I followed the instructions to a T before install... Washed car, cleaned area with alcohol, use adhesive wipe, install, then taped it for about 72 hours...

I'm wondering if I should just remove it and used an actual 3m brand tape... But don't know which one or what size to go with?... Also how easy it to remove the old tape attached to the spoiler.

Attachments

• y3.jpg
    y3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 81
Did you use the the original tape that Basenor spoiler came with?.... I also installed Basenor spoiler in matte carbon fiber. It seems like the tape they have is not as strong. I have mine installed for a month and it's starting to come off on one end. I followed the instructions to a T before install... Washed car, cleaned area with alcohol, use adhesive wipe, install, then taped it for about 72 hours...

I'm wondering if I should just remove it and used an actual 3m brand tape... But don't know which one or what size to go with?... Also how easy it to remove the old tape attached to the spoiler.
I bought 3m and put it on. Could never get the Basenor to stay stuck. It currently lives here
image.jpg

As long as the tape sticks to the wing itself, if you wipe some adhesive promotor onto your trunk link where the tape will stick, it will keep the wing on there rock solid. If you use too much adhesive promotor, just wipe away any excess with some isopropyl alcohol and then clean it with some wax or polish afterwards.