Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket sunroof for S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone added an aftermarket sunroof to their model S? If so, what is the approx cost for adding?
Thanks in advance for the feedback and if anyone has recommendations for installers in So. Cal area that would be great!

Many years ago is was common for car dealers to add glass sunroofs as an aftermarket option.
If you have an aluminium roof you may be able to add one, however, you may not be satisfied with the final result.
Ask the installer to see a few examples of his work... my last aftermarket sunroof was installed back in 1985... :cool:

As much as I miss the sunroof on my 2019 vs the 2015 MS I just sold, my advice would be to stay away from an after market sunroof. A lot has been written about how the safety of the MS is integrated a lot with the state of the art design and superior strength of that glass roof. That roof actually broke the crushing machine for the NHTSA safety tests before it was able to crush the roof on the tesla.
Tesla Model S Breaks the NHTSA Crash-Test Scale - Tesla Model S Crash-Test Videos. I saw pics from a tow truck driver of an MS that hit a power pole and snapped it going 45 MPH. The pole broke and fell on top of the car but the roof did not cave and the driver walked away uninjured. The front crumple zone acted as it was supposed to as well.

I would leave that roof alone!

Reactions: Zishan