Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket TPMS Sync/Position programming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got new wheels and new aftermarket TPMS sensors from ebay, 3 of the sensor work, but one is not, the car keeps resetting trying to activate or sync the 4th sensor.......... Either way, I was trying to wake up the sensor by lowering the PSI on the tire to 20psi and raising back to 42psi, I raised both back tires to over 42psi just for testing and when the car synced the 3 good sensor it showed the higher psi on the front tires instead of the rear . I know some cars you need to program the position of the sensor (front/back/driver/passenger) you start on the front passenger side etc and the car will honk at you when you lower the psi confirming thats the correct tire/sensor on that side etc. .......... the model 3 only has Reset to Factory or Learn TPMS, I pressed both , drove over 50-100 miles, the 3 good sensors sync but not in the correct position. Anyway to fix the problem?

The sensor I got are the correct part# clones I'm guessing, Im getting a replacement for the one damaged.

ebay sensors I got
4Pcs Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS 103460200A 433MHz New For Tesla Model 3 S X | eBay

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 180
Here is my biggest problem, sensors locations are all wrong, Im hopping once I get the new sensor installed it will do some sort of signal triangulation to know the correct position of each sensor. right now one match.

Attachments

• BE0FC5E6-ADAE-448E-B4E8-C1EF6F48ABA5.jpeg
    BE0FC5E6-ADAE-448E-B4E8-C1EF6F48ABA5.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 130
I meant None match, I can edit my post once posted. :D

Here is my biggest problem, sensors locations are all wrong, Im hopping once I get the new sensor installed it will do some sort of signal triangulation to know the correct position of each sensor. right now one match.
What a mess!

Did you say right now only one matches the position as displayed?

Because your picture shows all 4 of them are displayed in wrong positions and none of the is displayed in any correct position!