Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket TPMS Sync/Position programming

Oct 19, 2019
Clermont, FL
So I got new wheels and new aftermarket TPMS sensors from ebay, 3 of the sensor work, but one is not, the car keeps resetting trying to activate or sync the 4th sensor.......... Either way, I was trying to wake up the sensor by lowering the PSI on the tire to 20psi and raising back to 42psi, I raised both back tires to over 42psi just for testing and when the car synced the 3 good sensor it showed the higher psi on the front tires instead of the rear . I know some cars you need to program the position of the sensor (front/back/driver/passenger) you start on the front passenger side etc and the car will honk at you when you lower the psi confirming thats the correct tire/sensor on that side etc. .......... the model 3 only has Reset to Factory or Learn TPMS, I pressed both , drove over 50-100 miles, the 3 good sensors sync but not in the correct position. Anyway to fix the problem?

The sensor I got are the correct part# clones I'm guessing, Im getting a replacement for the one damaged.

ebay sensors I got
4Pcs Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS 103460200A 433MHz New For Tesla Model 3 S X | eBay

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 39
Oct 19, 2019
Clermont, FL
Here is my biggest problem, sensors locations are all wrong, Im hopping once I get the new sensor installed it will do some sort of signal triangulation to know the correct position of each sensor. right now one match.

Attachments

• BE0FC5E6-ADAE-448E-B4E8-C1EF6F48ABA5.jpeg
    BE0FC5E6-ADAE-448E-B4E8-C1EF6F48ABA5.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 40
Oct 19, 2019
Clermont, FL
I meant None match, I can edit my post once posted. :D

Here is my biggest problem, sensors locations are all wrong, Im hopping once I get the new sensor installed it will do some sort of signal triangulation to know the correct position of each sensor. right now one match.
What a mess!

Did you say right now only one matches the position as displayed?

Because your picture shows all 4 of them are displayed in wrong positions and none of the is displayed in any correct position!

GhostEV

Apr 10, 2020
San Diego
Did this ever get fixed by chance? I’m having similar issues. Also does anyone know if these ones off eBay that are OEM do they need to be woken up so to speak/ programmed first?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC