Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick them up on Monday at my service appointment. Need to get some panels aligned and the seats don't drop with the pull of the rear switch. Then my Homelink install is Tuesday. I'll see if there is anything on the packaging for the sensors.

Can you let us know if your Y "Auto Relearned" the Tesla TPMS sensors?

Or if the Tesla TPMS Sensors need to be programmed first (by Tesla Service Center) before the Y is able to detect them.

People that went aftermarket wheels had reported just re-using the Tesla TPMS sensors that they have on - and surely the Y still recognizes them.

I have not heard someone confirm that NEW Tesla TPMS sensors work straight from Tesla parts shelf. Can you confirm this?

If so, it will lead me to believe that none of the current aftermarket Bluetooth TPMS sensors will work, unless programmed first - to have the compatible ID code. I have not seen (from the ones u can buy now) a programming tool capable to program Bluetooth sensors, only the old 315/433 MHz sensors.

Scanning the QR code in this Bluetooth Tesla TPMS show the long hexadecimal code stamped above the QR code. Current 315 Mhz / 433 MHz sensors use 7-9 HexDec code. I am trying to figure out if Tesla is really using the longer code or, if a 7-9 HexDecimal code is embedded in that long string of characters.

Might be a good idea to snap photo of your sensors - in case your Y don't detect the Tesla Sensors. This way, you have an idea which sensors/ID code is in which tire.

Too long a post, sorry...
Thanks for any feedback! :rolleyes::)

FullSizeR_resized.jpg
FullSizeR.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 5280mcs and Fiddler
And, Tesla Service Center replied - but did not directly answer If they can remotely trigger TPMS Reset/Relearn.

They said, they may be able to program the AFTERMARKET Bluetooth TPMS sensors that I have and can only install it on Tesla Wheels.

I may take my Y with aftermarket TPMS sensors and have Tesla try to program them...we shall see.

20200506_150517.jpg 20200509_050921.jpg

Can you let us know if your Y "Auto Relearned" the Tesla TPMS sensors?

Or if the Tesla TPMS Sensors need to be programmed first (by Tesla Service Center) before the Y is able to detect them.

People that went aftermarket wheels had reported just re-using the Tesla TPMS sensors that they have on - and surely the Y still recognizes them.

I have not heard someone confirm that NEW Tesla TPMS sensors work straight from Tesla parts shelf. Can you confirm this?

If so, it will lead me to believe that none of the current aftermarket Bluetooth TPMS sensors will work, unless programmed first - to have the compatible ID code. I have not seen (from the ones u can buy now) a programming tool capable to program Bluetooth sensors, only the old 315/433 MHz sensors.

Scanning the QR code in this Bluetooth Tesla TPMS show the long hexadecimal code stamped above the QR code. Current 315 Mhz / 433 MHz sensors use 7-9 HexDec code. I am trying to figure out if Tesla is really using the longer code or, if a 7-9 HexDecimal code is embedded in that long string of characters.

Might be a good idea to snap photo of your sensors - in case your Y don't detect the Tesla Sensors. This way, you have an idea which sensors/ID code is in which tire.

Too long a post, sorry...
Thanks for any feedback! :rolleyes::)

View attachment 538282 View attachment 538283

I can confirm they work right off the shelf. I didn't need to get anything programmed. Started driving and they just worked right from the tire shop (Avant Garde HQ in SoCal).

Unfortunately none.
I had to buy 4x$75 USD from Tesla last week.

View attachment 575676
Same here. At least you can buy them now. For a while you could not. Which wheels are you buying. I am oscillating between 20s and 19s. Nothing to do with range, but trying to determine whether I will actually go through and change to the Ubers every season... in which case 19s, or if I will be too lazy, get 20's with all season tires and sell the Ubers.

Same here. At least you can buy them now. For a while you could not. Which wheels are you buying. I am oscillating between 20s and 19s. Nothing to do with range, but trying to determine whether I will actually go through and change to the Ubers every season... in which case 19s, or if I will be too lazy, get 20's with all season tires and sell the Ubers.

I experimented and have 20 Sportwheels from Model 3 with square 255 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Kids, Don't do this at home :eek:.

My long drive set are 19s Geminis with covers. I'll burn through the 20s with Michelin PS A/S for daily drive....but will not buy them again. These Michelins have droning sound at 60-70 mph. And I don't know (can't find) the load rating for 20 Sportwheels (to cover fully loaded MY) - I just mind to not overload my Y above M3 limits.20200809_142851.jpg

I experimented and have 20 Sportwheels from Model 3 with square 255 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Kids, Don't do this at home :eek:.

My long drive set are 19s Geminis with covers. I'll burn through the 20s with Michelin PS A/S for daily drive....but will not buy them again. These Michelins have droning sound at 60-70 mph. And I don't know (can't find) the load rating for 20 Sportwheels (to cover fully loaded MY) - I just mind to not overload my Y above M3 limits.View attachment 575937

RoBoRaT -

Where did you find the Tesla TPMS for the Model Y? I can find them on the website at all? Looking to buy 4 for my winter setup. Thx.

I couldn’t find anywhere on the site that said Bluetooth or the 433mhz that 80% of the cars use out there. Model Y used Bluetooth.
It's kind of suspicious as 433 MHz is working completely different than Bluetooth LE, not only a different frequency, but also the protocol is very different. It would hardly make any sense to make sensors that can support both as it would be relatively costly compared to making one for 433 MHz and another for BLE.

Been looking around for aftermarket Bluetooth TPMS solution vs $75 EO Tesla Sensors - none so far.

The Tesla Parts Catalogue has this rather peculiar similarity of TPMS ECU Receiver (part number 1458965-00-A) on both Model 3 and Model Y. This part was not listed for Model Y from my previous search.

Is this an indication that Tesla is going back to 433 MHz TPMS sensors for Model Y?

https://epc.tesla.com/#/catalogs

@Zoomit