Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking around for aftermarket Bluetooth TPMS solution vs $75 EO Tesla Sensors - none so far.

The Tesla Parts Catalogue has this rather peculiar similarity of TPMS ECU Receiver (part number 1458965-00-A) on both Model 3 and Model Y. This part was not listed for Model Y from my previous search.

Is this an indication that Tesla is going back to 433 MHz TPMS sensors for Model Y?

https://epc.tesla.com/#/catalogs

@Zoomit
In June, you posted that the Model Y receiver was listed as 433 MHz.

Tow Hitch now available on configurator

I found it odd at the time and still do. I don't think the receiver has changed in the EPC since then.

O yeah, that's right - it has always been 433 MHz ECU Receiver - never listed as 2.4 GHz (Bluetooth) TPMS Receiver for Model Y.
As you were, carry on then. :(:cool:

Will it read 433 MHz TPMS sensors?

I just reverted back to 21" Uberturbines yesterday....I should have tried my 19" Wheels with 433 MHz sensors (from Model 3) first, smh.

Thanks for the info here. I walked into our service centre (Vancouver) and they sold me 4 TPMS on the spot. 100.66 with locking nut each. Unless a tire/wheel centre have done model Y installs they don't know you need Tesla TPMS (i checked with two places one of them knew about this and told and another one was not sure).

Service center said no programming needed for them just drive for 15 km or so. Thanks again this thread saved me from order tires/rims set online for deliver to my house. Would have come with incorrect TPMS.

with locking nut each

I ordered a set of 4 TPMS from my local SC, but when I went to pick them up, the nuts weren’t included and would have needed to be ordered separately. Fortunately they had some on hand and threw them in free of charge, but if anyone is ordering these in the future, you should mention the nuts when you place your order just to be safe as they don’t seem to be included in the package of 4 sensors from Tesla.

I ordered a set of 4 TPMS from my local SC, but when I went to pick them up, the nuts weren’t included and would have needed to be ordered separately. Fortunately they had some on hand and threw them in free of charge, but if anyone is ordering these in the future, you should mention the nuts when you place your order just to be safe as they don’t seem to be included in the package of 4 sensors from Tesla.

How long did the order take? I'm waiting 10 days and not in. My SC is new and they seem to have trouble with part orders.
I wonder why Tesla decided to "reinvent the wheel" on the Y with something as simple as TPMS. Adds to complexity, delays and excessive cost.

Got them. No another 4-5 weeks to build wheels and another 7-9 weeks doe mpp lux coil overs. Probably another week to get them installed

Attachments

• 8CC1220A-04C9-4661-BB9B-A3843BA80681.jpeg
    8CC1220A-04C9-4661-BB9B-A3843BA80681.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 135
  • FE548462-27F8-4794-9008-74D766B05857.jpeg
    FE548462-27F8-4794-9008-74D766B05857.jpeg
    658.2 KB · Views: 106
No question, the new bluetooth TPMS are proprietary and the generic ones are having trouble communicating. I just got a set of OEM--not sure why they are so hard to come by but it was nuts trying to source them through Tesla but ended up getting them with the wheel and tire combo from TSportline.

The vendor I bought my wheels from told to me to make sure to give them my Model and VIN number.

Since I used the app to schedule my pickup.... I assume they already had all the info they needed. When I went in to pick it up he did ask if this was a private purchase or commercial.

Last edited:
I did not, but I assume they have all that information when I made a service call through the app. When I went in to pick it up he did ask is this was a private purchase or commercial.
Interesting... I'm looking to buy bulk, since I haven't seen any aftermarket solutions yet.

Also, anybody who doesn't live by a Tesla Service Center and need these sensors, I can proxy from Portland, just send me a message!
Our SC is very close by and no sales tax either. I also would like to find out if they will sell to non-body shop businesses.

Thank you for the thread so far - Since end of November 2020, the Model 3 also has the BLE - would have been EUR 440,- to exchange the sensors.
-> therefore I am looking at the warning sign since Dezember 2020.

If there is a solution (aftermarket) available - would be great if somebody could post a link.

best regards form Baden bei Wien, Austria (Europe)