Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Trunk Lighting for Model S 2016 Refreshed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so I purchased the Model S, a 2016 with the refreshed front and such. Long story short I didn't get the premium lighting package and the trunk is link a dungeon. I've watched a few youtube videos and read a bunch of forum threads about how to add two lights (one on right one on left). Before I pull back the carpet, can anyone confirm that the wires are still there on the refreshed models?

OK so I purchased the Model S, a 2016 with the refreshed front and such. Long story short I didn't get the premium lighting package and the trunk is link a dungeon. I've watched a few youtube videos and read a bunch of forum threads about how to add two lights (one on right one on left). Before I pull back the carpet, can anyone confirm that the wires are still there on the refreshed models?

Right where they say they are. The mounts on both sides of the trunk are pre-punched and pop out easily from the panel on both sides of the trunk door opening. Very easy and quick installation and an improvement so long as you don't carry things in your trunk that block the lights.

Here is a link to a long thread that discusses this issue in extreme detail

Improved Trunk lighting - Is there demand?

Last edited: