Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheel owners -- is there a market for the Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alketi

May 3, 2016
U.S.
I'm thinking about getting aftermarket wheels for the Model 3.

For those that have tried to sell their 18" Aero wheels -- is there a market for them?

I've glanced on eBay from time to time and appear to be seeing the same listings, still open.

Thanks

IF I were wanting to sell, I'd research what other cars could mount these tires. AND give detailed measurements for those buyers savvy enough to use this information. I suspect they'd help the aerodynamics of most any car. How much? unknown

Perhaps eBay sellers do this already ??

I thought for a second you were gauging interest in making aero aftermarket wheels. I want to say yes, but the answer is really no to that because those solely chasing fuel economy really don’t care much about what it looks like. I mean, they’d get a boner over fender skirts. I prefer to see what’s under the skirt. There might actually be a market for this though.

Anyway, your real question. Think outside the box, people. If you are selling, market it to non-Tesla people. These would look great (without hubcaps) on a lot of Honda/Acura. Having aero hubcaps is the extra but not the main thing.

I would guess there will be once winter rolls around and people are looking for a second set for sure. At that point, I will be in the market myself.

Yep, I may be looking to pick up a set come early November to put winter tires on and save the all seasons for my next tire change. By that time there should be quite a lot being sold which hopefully means the prices will go down a bit.

Reactions: Park2670