TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aftermarket wheel owners -- is there a market for the Aero wheels

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Alketi, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Alketi

Alketi Member

I'm thinking about getting aftermarket wheels for the Model 3.

For those that have tried to sell their 18" Aero wheels -- is there a market for them?

I've glanced on eBay from time to time and appear to be seeing the same listings, still open.

Thanks

2. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

I would guess there will be once winter rolls around and people are looking for a second set for sure. At that point, I will be in the market myself.

3. Brando

Brando Active Member

IF I were wanting to sell, I'd research what other cars could mount these tires. AND give detailed measurements for those buyers savvy enough to use this information. I suspect they'd help the aerodynamics of most any car. How much? unknown

Perhaps eBay sellers do this already ??

4. RayK

RayK Member

I might be in the market for the Aero covers. Passenger side ones already have curb rash :( .

5. Chewy3

Chewy3 If MacGvyer had a beard

I hope it is not contagious.

6. UltralightBeam

Kinda wish there were 19” Aeros

• Like x 1
  7. RayK

RayK Member

Only would be if I had to constantly parallel park on the left hand side of a one way street.

8. TurboCJ

TurboCJ Member

Love it! I would take some 19” or 20” Aeros! They 18” Aeros look great but need to be bigger and save some electricity.

I will take some unwatered Aeros on the East Coast.

9. UltralightBeam

Here’s to hoping a good looking winter set from tesla comes out for P3 w/big brakes!

10. ppower

ppower Member

I thought for a second you were gauging interest in making aero aftermarket wheels. I want to say yes, but the answer is really no to that because those solely chasing fuel economy really don’t care much about what it looks like. I mean, they’d get a boner over fender skirts. I prefer to see what’s under the skirt. There might actually be a market for this though.

Anyway, your real question. Think outside the box, people. If you are selling, market it to non-Tesla people. These would look great (without hubcaps) on a lot of Honda/Acura. Having aero hubcaps is the extra but not the main thing.

11. Park2670

Park2670 Member

I would like to buy, but am waiting for the price to go down on the used aeros. Plus for me to get approval to order the car.

12. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

I’ll buy them for tires alone. If I needed new tires.

• Like x 1
  13. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Yep, I may be looking to pick up a set come early November to put winter tires on and save the all seasons for my next tire change. By that time there should be quite a lot being sold which hopefully means the prices will go down a bit.

• Like x 1