TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aftermarket wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Stellavator, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Stellavator

Stellavator Member

I have an AWD ordered with sport 19s. Considering dropping the 19s and taking delivery with the 18s, then buying aftermarket wheels, and selling the originals.

Two questions:

1- is there a market for the original 18s? Will anyone buy them, and how much can I expect to get for them?

2- recommended replacement set. Tire Racks system suggests a staggered set of turbine wheels 8.5/10, with 235/265s on them. I want a nice looking set that fits well, and isn't a reduculous weight increases/range loss.

Any help would be appreciated. Especially if you have done any of this, and if you have pictures.

Thanks!

2. shiz

shiz Member

I’m kinda in the same boat. I actually prefer 19” instead of the 20”, but the 3PD model doesn’t give u the option for 19”. I’m not too fond of the 18” aero. I wouldn’t mind considering the 19” u may get? When is your delivery and what are the tires that come with the 19”?

3. Stellavator

Stellavator Member

Well, if I stick with the 19s, I'm keeping them on. I would only be selling the 18s if I got them, and upgrading with aftermarket.

4. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

#6 Xenoilphobe, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    I think I found my mono block forged wheels --- $470 each and only 18 pounds ..

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Satin Titanium) | Evasive Motorsports

or these

Titan 7 T-R10 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Machine Black) | Evasive Motorsports

Just need a hub ring to bring it from 73mm center bore to 64.1mm center bore -
    Muteki Hub Ring 73mm / 64mm | Evasive Motorsports

Lifetime structural warranty too!!!

3.6 lbs lighter than bare aeros and 5 lbs lighter than the stock 18 inch with aeros on - specs here - Titan 7 Forged Wheels - Forged For All

@Stellavator What do you think? Add some Michelin PSS 4s's.....

Stock size is
    • Size: 18X8.5"
    • Offset: +40
    • PCD: 5X114.3
    • Center Bore: 64.1mm
    • Weight: 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
    • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
    • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
    • Price: No Charge
    • Tire Spec: Michelin Primacy MXM4, 235/45-18, 98W
    • Details: This is the original base model wheel that comes with every Tesla Model 3 free of charge.

5. TurboCJ

TurboCJ Member

@Stellavator PM me. I will take the wheels off your hands.

6. Stellavator

Stellavator Member

Well, if I ever get my car, I will. I just changed the color and got bumped back a month. I thing that's just the system kicking out a 2-4 month window, but who knows. My first AWD config was 6/26. Hope that still holds.