Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheels and tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an AWD ordered with sport 19s. Considering dropping the 19s and taking delivery with the 18s, then buying aftermarket wheels, and selling the originals.

Two questions:

1- is there a market for the original 18s? Will anyone buy them, and how much can I expect to get for them?

2- recommended replacement set. Tire Racks system suggests a staggered set of turbine wheels 8.5/10, with 235/265s on them. I want a nice looking set that fits well, and isn't a reduculous weight increases/range loss.

Any help would be appreciated. Especially if you have done any of this, and if you have pictures.

Thanks!

I have an AWD ordered with sport 19s. Considering dropping the 19s and taking delivery with the 18s, then buying aftermarket wheels, and selling the originals.

Two questions:

1- is there a market for the original 18s? Will anyone buy them, and how much can I expect to get for them?

2- recommended replacement set. Tire Racks system suggests a staggered set of turbine wheels 8.5/10, with 235/265s on them. I want a nice looking set that fits well, and isn't a reduculous weight increases/range loss.

Any help would be appreciated. Especially if you have done any of this, and if you have pictures.

Thanks!

I’m kinda in the same boat. I actually prefer 19” instead of the 20”, but the 3PD model doesn’t give u the option for 19”. I’m not too fond of the 18” aero. I wouldn’t mind considering the 19” u may get? When is your delivery and what are the tires that come with the 19”?

I think I found my mono block forged wheels --- $470 each and only 18 pounds ..

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Satin Titanium) | Evasive Motorsports

or these

Titan 7 T-R10 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Machine Black) | Evasive Motorsports

Just need a hub ring to bring it from 73mm center bore to 64.1mm center bore -
Muteki Hub Ring 73mm / 64mm | Evasive Motorsports

Lifetime structural warranty too!!!

3.6 lbs lighter than bare aeros and 5 lbs lighter than the stock 18 inch with aeros on - specs here - Titan 7 Forged Wheels - Forged For All

@Stellavator What do you think? Add some Michelin PSS 4s's.....

Stock size is
  • Size: 18X8.5"
  • Offset: +40
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
  • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
  • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
  • Price: No Charge
  • Tire Spec: Michelin Primacy MXM4, 235/45-18, 98W
  • Details: This is the original base model wheel that comes with every Tesla Model 3 free of charge.

Last edited: