Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Wheels for the Model X

Which wheel looks better?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Bottom

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
They are $8K and increase acceleration, braking performance gets better and road noise drops.

The other option is to PVD Black Chrome the stock rims for ~$200 per rim. The Tesla "high end" wheels are crap - they weight a lot and a like waterford crystal - a basic pothole will bend/crack/damage the tires with the 21's.

Huge thread on carbon fiber wheels here. They will get cheaper as more main stream OEM's adopt them...Carbon Fiber Rims.

Check out the Feb 2016 issue of Car and Driver and the review on CF wheels, they did some acceleration runs on a Mustang GT350R with stock CF wheels, and then with the AL wheels that come on the non-R. http://blog.caranddriver.com/tested...ts-of-the-shelby-gt350rs-carbon-fiber-wheels/

The difference is pretty unbelievable--more than a second quicker from 30-50 in a top gear roll-on.

Wheel weight difference is about 21 lbs per wheel using ESE Carbon Rims verses the Tesla 21's. I expect significant improvement in performance (brake, acceleration, noise, vibration, harshness) and ultimately range and economy.

Last edited:
TMC has spoken. From concept to conception: T Sportline on Twitter:

The TS5 will be available in 22x9.0" and 22x10.0". Owners can use factory center cap, lug nuts, tpm sensors and factory tires.

Nice looking wheel ... I have a very similar set of forged wheels on my Model S.

bmw.jpg

What is the price per wheel of the TS5? Weight? Thanks.

Model X forged wheel Tsportline.PNG

Last edited:

Here is another option - only weights 11 pounds per wheel.

Good news, I spoke with ESE Carbon today - they are working with Tesla in Dania Beach FL to get the exact fitment on the center cap and make these wheels compatible with the Model X also. So I ended up going to 20 x 9 after all - so they could be used on the Model X when I buy one in the future.
logo_email.jpgOrder Confirmation

Hello Xenoilphobe,
Thank you for shopping with us! We will send you a confirmation email when your products ship.

[hide] - [top]Order Details

Order #REDACTED
img_prod.jpg
logo_E1_cart.png
Estimated delivery date 2016-4-15

• Diameter:20"
  • Width: 9"
  • Offset:35mm mm
  • Bolt Pattern:5x120
  • Center Bore:64.1
  • QTY: 4
  • Price: $2,000.00 each

[hide] - [top]Shipping Address

XENOILPHOBE
Address: REDACTED
Phone: REDACTED

Shipping Cost: $0.00
Order Subtotal: $8,000.00

Deposit Amount paid: $4000.00

Due Date: 04-08-2016

[hide] - [top]Comments

Finish: Gloss Carbon Exterior; Gloss Carbon Barrel Future orders mentioning: Have future Tesla orders reference "Xenoilphobe” so we know which spec to pull for both the Model X and Model S
Please visit our store for more

You are receiving this email because you are registered with ESE Carbon Company.
Please do not reply directly to this email. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at [email protected]
www.esecarbon.com

Victor Calvo
Sales Coordinator
ESE Industries
O: (877) 213-8662 x706
E: [email protected]
www.esecomposites.com

$2,000 is a great price for a 20" Carbon wheel at 11 lbs. :cool:
I wonder what the price and weight of the Tsportline will be?

Here is another option - only weights 11 pounds per wheel.

Good news, I spoke with ESE Carbon today - they are working with Tesla in Dania Beach FL to get the exact fitment on the center cap and make these wheels compatible with the Model X also. So I ended up going to 20 x 9 after all - so they could be used on the Model X when I buy one in the future.
Order Confirmation

Hello Xenoilphobe,
Thank you for shopping with us! We will send you a confirmation email when your products ship.

[hide] - [top]Order Details

Order

img_prod.jpg

logo_E1_cart.png

Estimated delivery date 2016-4-15

• Diameter:20"
  • Width: 9"
  • Offset:35mm mm
  • Bolt Pattern:5x120
  • Center Bore:64.1
  • QTY: 4
  • Price: $2,000.00 each
Shipping Cost: $0.00
Order Subtotal: $8,000.00
Deposit Amount paid: $4000.00
Due Date: 04-08-2016
Please visit our store for more
You are receiving this email because you are regiswith ESE Carbon Company.
Please do not reply directly to this email. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at [email protected]

www.esecarbon.com

Victor Calvo
Sales Coordinator
ESE Industries
O: (877) 213-8662 x706
E: [email protected]
www.esecomposites.com

Last edited:
I'll bet the T Sportline's are less :wink:. Their forged product will be really good and be right around ~24 lbs. I almost bought their 19's for my S until I realized that I could just PVD my stockers which allowed Tesla to continue to change the tires and support their OEM product.

Once you go aftermarket, Tesla will no longer support your wheel set/tires etc. I had to sign a waiver just because I PVD'ed their product in order to have them service the car.

I'm with Hill - Tesla should lead - If I am spending $150K for a loaded P90L at least give me the option for Carbon Fiber or Forged -not the same heavy junk they put on minivans.

Last edited:
I'll bet the T Sportline's are less :wink:. Their forged product will be really good and be right around ~24 lbs. I almost bought their 19's for my S until I realized that I could just PVD my stockers which allowed Tesla to continue to change the tires and support their OEM product.

Once you go aftermarket, Tesla will no longer support your wheel set/tires etc. I had to sign a waiver just because I PVD'ed their product in order to have them service the car.

I'm with Hill - Tesla should lead - If I am spending $150K for a loaded P90L at least give me the option for Carbon Fiber or Forged -not the same heavy junk they put on minivans.

That is a surprise to me (Tesla no longer supporting wheel set/tires) if you PVD them. I can see them not supporting after-market RIMs and even make a case for not supporting their tires on after-market RIMs. But I can't see how a PVD rim is going to affect their tires.

Anyway, I agree, Tesla should be offering more RIM options.

Here's what we have gathered so far about 22" wheels for the Model X. . .

Factory 22x9.0" turbine: Weight - 38lbs
Factory 22x10.0" turbine: Weight - 40lbs

T Sportline TS5 22x9.0" forged monoblock wheel: Weight - 38lbs
T Sportline TS5 22x10.0" forged monoblock wheel: Weight - 38.6lbs

View attachment 110974
Thanks for the info and picture! Got more? Pictures that is. ;-)

<hustles off to tsportline.com>

Hmmm, TS112 is pretty sexy too. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the good information on the wheels. A seller on eBay claims the 22" OEM Factory wheel is forged?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERALLOY-...ash=item33b1754006:g:K5oAAOSwll1Wu5by&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Here's what we have gathered so far about 22" wheels for the Model X. . .

Factory 22x9.0" turbine: Weight - 38lbs
Factory 22x10.0" turbine: Weight - 40lbs

T Sportline TS5 22x9.0" forged monoblock wheel: Weight - 38lbs
T Sportline TS5 22x10.0" forged monoblock wheel: Weight - 38.6lbs