Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheels / MX5 22"s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm finally putting together my X, and I'm really interested in the MX5 22" aftermarket wheels.

One thing, however, is that I can't figure out where to buy them: there seem to be at least two unaffiliated sites selling identical-looking ‘MX5’ wheels, neither referencing the other, and both claiming to be the originator?

Secondly: Anybody else on these forums happen to have bought a set of these? What did you think about the build-quality, finish, etc? Are you happy with them? (They're pretty expensive, so … I want to know what I'm getting into. Especially if you happen to have chosen the matte-black or gold-finish options.)

Third: Anybody know if Tesla will ship an X *with winter-tires* (that is, the 19" ‘accessory’ wheels you can buy on the accessories site), instead of with the 20" wheels? I want aftermarket tires for my summer driving, and have no reason to own a *third* set of wheels for my Tesla, so … buying two extra sets (Tesla's winter set, and a set of 22" aftermarket rims), for like ≥$10,000, sounds like a huge waste. /=

I will do it the other way around... I ordered the original 22" Tesla X wheels and will buy separate 20" wheels with winter tires... Probably will be cheaper...
I will go for BBS wheels www.bbs.com. I have them now on my current car and very happy about it.
Currently they only have MS wheels but I heard they will release soon as well MX wheels...