Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheels on AWD Performance Model with performance upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed hubcentric aftermarket wheels on the AWD Performance Model with performance upgrade?

Someone posted on a facebook group that in addition to the main hub that protrudes 64.1mm, there's a 3mm lip right at the rotor hat that will not allow the wheel to sit flush unless it's machined similar to the 20" stock wheel. Apparently this applies to ONLY the Model 3 Performance with performance upgrade package. All others are fine.

I'm about to order 20" VMR wheels custom bored to 64.1mm and would not be a happy camper if my new wheels do
not fit correctly. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

IMG_0778.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Aaron14902
Or here: T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

I am having custom aluminum hub rings made for approximately $100. Otherwise, ask VMR if they'll custom machine the lip. A 3mm x 3mm lip should clear the hub.

BTW, is that the photo I posted to fb last night? Looks like my car. Well, it actually looks like my cracked driveway...

Here's a profile view of the hub & lip:
Hub.jpg

*Note*: Please confirm the measurements before using this as a go-by.

I am having custom aluminum hub rings made for approximately $100. Otherwise, ask VMR if they'll custom machine the lip. A 3mm x 3mm lip should clear the hub.

BTW, is that the photo I posted to fb last night? Looks like my car. Well, it actually looks like my cracked driveway...

View attachment 334264

I'm considering Stance SF03's.. lighter than VMRs, priced competitively, will also custom machine the bore and lip.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I'm considering Stance SF03's.. lighter than VMRs, priced competitively, will also custom machine the bore and lip.

View attachment 334264

Try to avoid hub rings if you can, always best to get the true hubcentric fitment. And yes, that's the photo you posted on FB last night ;) I'm in that thread too lol.