Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheels on Model 3: summary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know someone already asked about this and I did not see a response: Its my question too
can I do a 20" wheels on M3LR ? any known issues ?

I have earlier model, 2018 with 18" wheels, and my tires are almost bald and its time to change tires, I am debating few options:
1. use it for few more months and change it to winter tires on the 18", looking to add turbine wheel hub caps, then after winter try move it to a 20" wheels.
2. or go now and purchase wheels and tire sets for 20" (if I can) else 19"

Are there any NJ shops can do this job?
Yes, I have the M3P 20" wheels on my M3LR - no problem.

I know someone already asked about this and I did not see a response: Its my question too
can I do a 20" wheels on M3LR ? any known issues ?

I have earlier model, 2018 with 18" wheels, and my tires are almost bald and its time to change tires, I am debating few options:
1. use it for few more months and change it to winter tires on the 18", looking to add turbine wheel hub caps, then after winter try move it to a 20" wheels.
2. or go now and purchase wheels and tire sets for 20" (if I can) else 19"

Are there any NJ shops can do this job?
No issues other than the usual drawbacks of 20-in wheels. The wheel configurator system within the car allows you to select 20-in wheels. Don't know if that automatically changes range estimates but I suspect it that 2018's did not have that adjustment built in. But the drawbacks of course is that you trade a little bit of more immediate steering response and much better Aesthetics for the very well-known (and constantly mentioned) liabilities around injury to the wheel and tire and some ride and range decrement.

Last edited:
IMG_2951.jpeg

I found a smoking deal on some OZ SuperLeggera 3 piece 20x9 and 20x10.5. Unknown offsets as they were a marketplace find. Rears are perfect, fronts need 10-15mm spacer to be more flush. The rears are 285/30/20 and the fronts are the stock 235/35/20.

Vorsteiner V-FF 109 wheels on the Tesla Model 3.

The 109 design features a ten straight spoke design with a sharp concavity. Unlike some of our other designs that are curved, the concavity on this wheel slopes from the lip to the bowl in a direct line. The 109 also features chiseled weight saving pockets for improved unsprung weight reduction.

The Vorsteiner Flow Forged Wheel technology produces wheels that are lighter in weight compared to a conventional cast construction, yet substantially stronger. The majority of surplus weight can be shaved by the use of less but stronger aluminum. In addition, we meticulously reduce the weight of the wheel utilizing back-pad pocketing as well as front and rear spoke pocketing.

Forum Sizing (3).png
Forum Sizing (2).png
Forum Sizing (1).png
Forum Sizing.png

Reactions: ss71
I have a set of BBS LMs, 114.3 18x8, 18x9, +35 offset (adjustable a bit by changing the center mount position).

Based on this thread, it seems this size and offset are a pretty straightforward fitment to the Model 3.

Is there anything I might be forgetting? I am planning to have them refinished soon to mount on my 2023 M3LR

I have a set of BBS LMs, 114.3 18x8, 18x9, +35 offset (adjustable a bit by changing the center mount position).

Based on this thread, it seems this size and offset are a pretty straightforward fitment to the Model 3.

Is there anything I might be forgetting? I am planning to have them refinished soon to mount on my 2023 M3LR
They should fit fine. 18" may look a bit small however.

Danny