Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheels on Model 3: summary

JB23_m3

Jun 3, 2020
Edinburgh
Thanks for this detailed write up... but I’m still confused :(

I have a new M3 SR+ with stick 18” aero wheels.... definitely looking into getting new wheels (hopefully turbine 19” in Matt black).

please can anyone simply post a link to the correct wheels for my car... the Tsportline website seems more than my wee brain seems to be able to handle.

thanks in advance :)

P-Lo801

Apr 19, 2019
Sacramento, CA
Thanks for this detailed write up... but I’m still confused :(

I have a new M3 SR+ with stick 18” aero wheels.... definitely looking into getting new wheels (hopefully turbine 19” in Matt black).

please can anyone simply post a link to the correct wheels for my car... the Tsportline website seems more than my wee brain seems to be able to handle.

thanks in advance :)

If you're specifically looking at the turbine wheels in matte black from Tsportline, then here is the link:

Tesla Model 3 19

Not sure what you're confused about, but I hope that helps.

tm3p-fan

Sep 19, 2019
FL
Happy to help, I figured so many of us are going through the same research so I might as well take the extra time to get it summarized so the hours of research could be re-used and didn't feel so wasteful. Tesla really needs to make this easier by publishing approved aftermarket specs and matching the rotor thickness to sit flush with the hub.

You did good...I mean you did great 'apples'.
Thank you for taking the time to document your analysis.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Almost a year in now and extremely happy with my choices. TPMS work with no issues and tires have been amazing in both summer and winter.

(moderator note: thanks for re surfacing this thread. After taking a look at your OP in this thread, I decided to sticky it, as I think there is a lot of good information there that will get lost otherwise. Thanks for taking the time to write it up, and share your research).

MODEL+

Vendor
Oct 21, 2020
Portland, OR
I've made notes of this informative post. OP gave great perspective as a buyer. There's a lack of transparency and formal communication in the aftermarket industry for sure. Our goal is to change all of this. Thank you for your contribution.

Last edited:

P-Lo801

Apr 19, 2019
Sacramento, CA
Okay, got some follow-up questions: what factors are there to consider when going with aggressive offsets? I know the scrub radius and thus the suspension geometry will be off compared to oem specs.

But, what are the long term effects of that to be wary of? And how is an aggressive offset, e.g. a 19x9 +22 in the rear, different than adding a 15mm spacer in the rear on a square setup? Which one would be less risky, or yield fewer issues, if any, in the long term?

OUengineer

Dec 10, 2019
Boulder
Okay, got some follow-up questions: what factors are there to consider when going with aggressive offsets? I know the scrub radius and thus the suspension geometry will be off compared to oem specs.

But, what are the long term effects of that to be wary of? And how is an aggressive offset, e.g. a 19x9 +22 in the rear, different than adding a 15mm spacer in the rear on a square setup? Which one would be less risky, or yield fewer issues, if any, in the long term?
Check this website for scrub radius calculations: Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

This site has good info on those looking for flush fitments on both lowered and stock height Performance and AWD. Tesla Model 3 Comprehensive Wheel Fitment Guide

Also, be aware that tire height will slightly impact scrub radius as well as wheel offset. Currently, I'm trying to choose between 19x8.5 +35 with 245/40r19 and 19x9.5 +38 with 265/35r19. All season tires choices and prices are leading me towards the former. This would be for a stock height non-Performance AWD. Performance is a 5mm offset difference. +35 offset on the 19x8.5 would be chosen over a lower or higher offset to maintain a negligible scrub radius change while also getting an almost flush look. For very aggressive and flush lowered fitments, the mod bargains link has great info.

• Helpful
Reactions: P-Lo801

Mahamilto

Feb 20, 2021
New York, NY
The pilot sport all season 4 has been great in wet and dry on my 19x9s +35s. Used 3mm spacer and it’s dead flush. Sitting on 245/40/19s. Range identical to the Ubers with the summer tires that had small contact and sloped sidewall.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC