Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a question everyone,

Found an individual selling some RAYS Gramlight 57DR
5x114.3 -- M14x1.5

Running 19x9.5 +25 on Hankook Ventus V12 EV02 245/35/r19
19x10.5 +22 on Hankook Vetus V12 EV02 275/30/r19

Here on some pictures of it on his ride, I was wondering why do the rims look so flush or look like they're too much inside the fender?? Can I get these to look good on my performance model? His is just the regular dual awd... Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2437.jpeg
    thumbnail_IMG_2437.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 411
  • thumbnail_IMG_6183.jpeg
    thumbnail_IMG_6183.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: MODEL+
Got a question everyone,

5x114.3 -- M14x1.5

Here on some pictures of it on his ride, I was wondering why do the rims look so flush or look like they're too much inside the fender?? Can I get these to look good on my performance model? His is just the regular dual awd... Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Air suspension

Got a question everyone,

5x114.3 -- M14x1.5

You'll have to do some suspension work if you're going to fit those. Coilovers w/ camber or move to air suspension

mmmmmmmm. The other 3 get here tomorrow.

A7j15ok.png

Nice! I have those on order in 18x8.5, same finish I think, "satin titanium." ETA late December at the earliest though. :-( The price is almost too good for forged, but even if they're not up to BBS or whatever standards, I hope they're at least a worthwhile step up from cast or flow formed.

My long term plan for the 18x8.5 is to become winter wheels. But tentatively I'm going to put summer tires on them first, to get a feel for what size I want my long-term summer wheels to be.

I’m looking at ordering some 18” wheels for a winter setup on my model 3 performance 2021. It looks like tirerack recently removed all 18” from the 21s but still have them available for 2020 performance models. Anyone aware of any changes aside from the tpms? I can’t think of a reason why the 18” wheels would fit a 20 and not a 21 performance.

Attachments

• 2B500182-BBA8-4117-BDF2-74611AB5D6D0.png
    2B500182-BBA8-4117-BDF2-74611AB5D6D0.png
    376 KB · Views: 307
I just did this and it was pretty frustrating. I ordered 18" wheels and X-Ice tires. They arrived, went to install, and they were rubbing on the calipers. Got a different set of wheels from the company (Fast FC04 if that helps) and the wheels fit now so I got the tires swapped over, however the stick-on wheel weights ended up rubbing on the calipers. I peeled them off so I am good to go (other than needing to get the tires balanced again with the weights in a different spot) but I kind of wish I had just gotten 19" to avoid the hassle. Even with the clearance, there's not a lot of clearance to the calipers. It's a very snug fit with 18". I don't know if the calipers are bigger for the 2021 or not but all I can say is the clearance is very tight on my 2021 M3P.

Here they are mounted up with 245/40/19 Conti DWS06+. The center caps shipped separately, so they will be put on when they arrive. @tm1v2 they are bronze, which I was a little worried about matching with the red, but I am very happy with how it turned out.

What's the word on whether I should change the wheel configuration in the settings? Is it better to chose one of the 19'' OEM wheels or leave the car thinking the 20'' Ubers on on there?

xt2aV15.png

Here they are mounted up with 245/40/19 Conti DWS06+. The center caps shipped separately, so they will be put on when they arrive. @tm1v2 they are bronze, which I was a little worried about matching with the red, but I am very happy with how it turned out.

What's the word on whether I should change the wheel configuration in the settings? Is it better to chose one of the 19'' OEM wheels or leave the car thinking the 20'' Ubers on on there?

xt2aV15.png
Bronze wheels on red is an excellent combo!

Reactions: Boourns

xt2aV15.png
I’d either leave it on the Ubers or use the Zero-G setting; either should be fine.

Reactions: Boourns
Hey guys, I am looking for 18" or 19" OZ racing wheels for my 2021 M3P, can someone tell me the sizes of the front brakes that these need to clear? It seems like I am really bad at search.

And what tire sizes people run on 18"/19" wheels, taking in consideration snow + increased consumption over the winter? Thanks a lot!

Hey guys, I am looking for 18" or 19" OZ racing wheels for my 2021 M3P, can someone tell me the sizes of the front brakes that these need to clear? It seems like I am really bad at search.

And what tire sizes people run on 18"/19" wheels, taking in consideration snow + increased consumption over the winter? Thanks a lot!
Apparently it's not caliper-to-spoke clearance that is the issue but caliper-to-barrel clearance, which makes 18'' wheels tricky. See here: 20" Performance Wheel Clearance

I'm not sure about OZ specifically, but there is a google sheet someone here put together that lists several options for 18'' wheels that will fit a performance: Tesla Model 3 Performance 18" Wheels. See also this thread: List of 18" wheels for P3D+.

If you are dead set on OZ, your best bet is to either keep searching here for someone who's done it or find a shop/dealer that sells OZ and has fitted them to a Performance 3. The caliper clearance on your 2021 is the same as the big brake performance models from 2018 on. Just be careful because in the past the big brakes were an extra option on performance models, called the "performance upgrade package" or PUP. Make sure whatever wheels you want fit over the PUP brakes.

As for tire size it obviously depends on your wheel width. I think for 18s most people stick to 8.5 or 9 inch width wheel and a ~235 tire. (I went with 245 on a 19x9 wheel). But you can play around with tire size here: Tire Size Calculator