Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is correct. You should be fine with a 5mm spacer though. Which will simultaneously remove your problem with M3P's stepped hub lip.

Message us if you have any other questions!

Danny
Hi Danny,

Do these spacers impact using hub centering rings for aftemarket wheels?

Hi Danny,

Do these spacers impact using hub centering rings for aftemarket wheels?

They do have an impact and it is a good one, they make your Performance Model 3 compatible with standard Model 3 sized hub rings, since these spacers delete the annoying step in the hub.

The non-Performance brake rotors are about 3mm thicker at the hub than the Performance brakes, so a 3mm spacer basically brings your Performance Model 3, up to the same specs as a non-Performance, when it comes to wheel offset. This is why that step in the hub is present on the Performance model, it is exposed by the thinner brake rotors.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
Who is ready to go off-roading! Can't wait to throw on my MPP coilovers, they just arrived this week. Really surprised at how much 18" wheels highlight the SUV stance of even a Performance Model 3, compared with the stock 20" wheels.

Wheels: Apex EC-7R in brushed clear. 18"x9.5"
Tires: Firestone Firehawks 255/40/18
Spacers: 5mm to clear the Performance hub step.
TPMS Sensors: New ones (Bluetooth) I bought from Tesla for $75 each. They paired automatically which was nice after I drove about 10 feet.

Still unsure what lug nuts to go with, and waiting for some brushed clear Tesla center caps to arrive.
I would like some blue colored lug nuts to match the car's paint, but I'm not a fan of Titanium and it's risk of galling, not to mention the price.

Tire shop people were pretty impressed with the wheels and were surprised at how light they are. They took their time installing, because they didn't want to scratch them, and they did a dry fit to make sure there was plenty of clearance with the spacers, so kudos to American Tire Depot in Thousand Oaks. They had a buy 3 get 1 free tire deal going which was nice.

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

Who is ready to go off-roading! Can't wait to throw on my MPP coilovers, they just arrived this week. Really surprised at how much 18" wheels highlight the SUV stance of even a Performance Model 3, compared with the stock 20" wheels.

Wheels: Apex EC-7R in brushed clear. 18"x9.5"
Tires: Firestone Firehawks 255/40/18
Spacers: 5mm to clear the Performance hub step.
TPMS Sensors: New ones (Bluetooth) I bought from Tesla for $75 each. They paired automatically which was nice after I drove about 10 feet.

Still unsure what lug nuts to go with, and waiting for some brushed clear Tesla center caps to arrive.
I would like some blue colored lug nuts to match the car's paint, but I'm not a fan of Titanium and it's risk of galling, not to mention the price.

Tire shop people were pretty impressed with the wheels and were surprised at how light they are. They took their time installing, because they didn't want to scratch them, and they did a dry fit to make sure there was plenty of clearance with the spacers, so kudos to American Tire Depot in Thousand Oaks. They had a buy 3 get 1 free tire deal going which was nice.

View attachment 742011

View attachment 742013

View attachment 742012

View attachment 742010
How much space is there to the knuckle on the fronts? Hard to tell from the pics, but should be pretty close with a 27.1” diameter tire. Mine are 255/35/20 and it’s fairly close.

I think this is the first blue Model 3 I’ve seen with shiny silver wheels and blacked out trim that I like.

How much space is there to the knuckle on the fronts? Hard to tell from the pics, but should be pretty close with a 27.1” diameter tire. Mine are 255/35/20 and it’s fairly close.

I think this is the first blue Model 3 I’ve seen with shiny silver wheels and blacked out trim that I like.

Looks like quite a bit of space. These wheels are supposedly sized to fit a 255 on Performance models without any spacers.

According to Apex 265 fits with 3mm spacers on Performance models (equivalent to a non-Performance model without spacers), so 5mm gives quite a lot of room.

I had actually planned on going 265 width tires, but couldn't find any available in the brands/models I wanted, without a huge markup or wait time.

IMG_1225.JPG

Last edited:

He has 18" wheels. The tires he's running (255/40R18) are smaller in diameter than stock. I personally would have gone with 255/45R18.

Reactions: Atraf
He has 18" wheels. The tires he's running (255/40R18) are smaller in diameter than stock. I personally would have gone with 255/45R18.

That would be 1.9% oversized vs my 1.9% undersized, I would rather run undersized than oversized, a 45 profile is a big jump up from the stock 35.

Plus 255/40/18 is pretty close to 235/45/18 that the stock 18" wheels run, only 1% undersized. That's the wheel profile I set in the car anyway.

265/40/18 would be the ideal fit, but tire availability is pretty garbage right now. Next set will be that if available.

That would be 1.9% oversized vs my 1.9% undersized, I would rather run undersized than oversized, a 45 profile is a big jump up from the stock 35.

Plus 255/40/18 is pretty close to 235/45/18 that the stock 18" wheels run, only 1% undersized. That's the wheel profile I set in the car anyway.

265/40/18 would be the ideal fit, but tire availability is pretty garbage right now. Next set will be that if available.

The sidewall number is nothing but that, a number... which is sidewall height expressed as a percentage of width. To me, undersized just looks funny and compromises ride quality. 1.9% oversize is pretty insignificant.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Tesla center wheel cap P/N: 6005879-00-A, is a pretty good match for the brushed clear on Apex EC-7R.

Coilovers are going on next week. Excited for how the car will handle, the new tires already feel grippier, a noticeably reduced amount of understeer, while at the same time the ride feels slightly better with the added sidewall. I can't feel any difference in the weight savings sadly.

IMG_1236.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: P-Lo801