Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Vorsteiner V-FF 112 wheels released for Model 3!

Design – V-FF 112
Finishes – Carbon Graphite
Front - 20” X 9”
245/35/20
Rear - 20” X 10.5”
285/30/20

View attachment 388591
View attachment 388582 View attachment 388584 View attachment 388585 View attachment 388586 View attachment 388587 View attachment 388588 View attachment 388589 View attachment 388590 View attachment 388583
Wow, those are nice. Do they come in a square setup? And will they take Tesla center caps?

@N54TT,

Would love more photos of these and your car from different angles when you get the opportunity!

Ski

Need time for a proper photo shoot....But here are a few more pics for now. First two shows the concavity between front and rear wheels.

28A63408-8263-451C-8D38-7D5BFAD8FC5E.jpeg
33071BF1-3E1B-4982-BA9F-760C5CFB5079.jpeg
C942E3C1-021E-4A64-AF71-38FA03A1B780.jpeg
47C6FF95-484D-4988-8CF8-E143B2C614FC.jpeg

Need time for a proper photo shoot....But here are a few more pics for now. First two shows the concavity between front and rear wheels.

View attachment 389931 View attachment 389932 View attachment 389933 View attachment 389934

So what size tires did you end up putting on those Wheels? And what's your impression of Its Behavior at the limit? I found that the car handles significantly better at about 36 37 lb rather than the stock 42. And it's pretty greasy at the limit at that inflation number

So what size tires did you end up putting on those Wheels? And what's your impression of Its Behavior at the limit? I found that the car handles significantly better at about 36 37 lb rather than the stock 42. And it's pretty greasy at the limit at that inflation number

I’m running 235/35 and 275/30 Tesla acoustic tech’s. And at 45.8lbs and 50.8 lbs vs the stock 20’s at 52.4lbs, on the same scale, I’m more than happy with the weights.

I just threw them on yesterday and am wearing down whatever mold release there may be on them....so haven’t pushed them that hard yet. I have not noticed any sort of increased understeer though if that’s what you’re wondering. I also haven’t hit the limit of these PS4S though. I love some spirited drives and snow filled open parking lot drifting. But IMO if you’re hitting the limit of the ps4s tires on the street...you’re starting to be reckless. Turn in is great...especially coming from my blizzaks lol. I’ll play around with pressures...but do you get low pressure warnings running 36/37?

Planning on dusting off my old magnetic numbers and hitting at least one autox with this setup this season....so I can really see how they feel and behave at the limit....in a safe environment.

I’m running 235/35 and 275/30 Tesla acoustic tech’s. And at 45.8lbs and 50.8 lbs vs the stock 20’s at 52.4lbs, on the same scale, I’m more than happy with the weights.

I just threw them on yesterday and am wearing down whatever mold release there may be on them....so haven’t pushed them that hard yet. I have not noticed any sort of increased understeer though if that’s what you’re wondering. I also haven’t hit the limit of these PS4S though. I love some spirited drives and snow filled open parking lot drifting. But IMO if you’re hitting the limit of the ps4s tires on the street...you’re starting to be reckless. Turn in is great...especially coming from my blizzaks lol. I’ll play around with pressures...but do you get low pressure warnings running 36/37?

Planning on dusting off my old magnetic numbers and hitting at least one autox with this setup this season....so I can really see how they feel and behave at the limit....in a safe environment.

Yes those weights are excellent and about four pounds a corner better than mine. As for driving at the limit on the street you are preaching to the choir. I have access to a deserted parking lot that I can use as a skid pad. And I was pretty impressed with how greasy the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires are at 42 pounds. They are extremely razor-sharp until they start to break loose but then they become really kind of slippery. I'm going to go back and retest the car at 35 pounds all round. I honestly don't remember that kind of behavior from the precedent Tire the Super Sport but I never ran them at 42 LB so we'll see.

PS I think the tires - the Tesla specific ones that is - look great on 9 and 10.5 inch wheels respectively. Not stretched but just right. Have toyed with the idea of trying to fit a 265 / 30 on the fronts to get to a close to square set up but I don't think the wheel is wide enough for it.

Yes those weights are excellent and about four pounds a corner better than mine. As for driving at the limit on the street you are preaching to the choir. I have access to a deserted parking lot that I can use as a skid pad. And I was pretty impressed with how greasy the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires are at 42 pounds. They are extremely razor-sharp until they start to break loose but then they become really kind of slippery. I'm going to go back and retest the car at 35 pounds all round. I honestly don't remember that kind of behavior from the precedent Tire the Super Sport but I never ran them at 42 LB so we'll see.

PS I think the tires - the Tesla specific ones that is - look great on 9 and 10.5 inch wheels respectively. Not stretched but just right. Have toyed with the idea of trying to fit a 265 / 30 on the fronts to get to a close to square set up but I don't think the wheel is wide enough for it.

All the deserted parking lots around me are either pothole/sand/pebble ridden or heavily patrolled lol. I only dare go when I’m with my friend or bro-law who are nypd lol. That’s interesting what you say about the ps4s. I’ve only tracked the prior super sports as well. Do you have tire pressure warnings when you run pressures that low and daily those pressures? I could be wrong but I thought to achieve the load capacity... should be running the recommended pressures...ie closer to 42?

All the deserted parking lots around me are either pothole/sand/pebble ridden or heavily patrolled lol. I only dare go when I’m with my friend or bro-law who are nypd lol. That’s interesting what you say about the ps4s. I’ve only tracked the prior super sports as well. Do you have tire pressure warnings when you run pressures that low and daily those pressures? I could be wrong but I thought to achieve the load capacity... should be running the recommended pressures...ie closer to 42?

Everybody should have their own personal skidpad and autocross parking lot LOL. Yes you will throw a warning if you get below 39 pounds per corner. You just have to live with that. As for the load capacity issue I think that's independent. As long as the tires are not severely under-inflated they will clearly handle load and I believe that the 275 / 30s have even more load capacity so you're way over your gross vehicle weight maximum if you add the load capacity the four tires together

Last edited:
@N54TT,

Meant to ask you have you noticed much difference at all in your efficiency between the Stock OEM 20” Sports and the new rims?

Ski

I've got the same setup but with slightly heavier vorsteiner Wheels instead of vs forged. I've been checking Watt hours per mile and it's probably just about 5 to 10 Watt hours per mile more but of course that could be due to a more enthusiastic driving Style. The 275 / 30s are of course pretty chunky and I suspect their drag is significantly more while their rolling resistance is also probably greater but not by that much.

The big surprise is that the ride is no worse and might even be slightly smoother which is bizarre. And they're no noisier either.

Last edited:
I’ve just read the last 10 pages of this thread, and will take a shot at writing down what I think I have learned (and that I remember, so be gentle). You guys are awesome btw!

Width
  • Wheel width vs. tire width decision should be made by looking at the tire manufacturer’s website. They will give you a range of acceptable wheel widths for a specific tire width
  • If you get a tire that is a little wider than the wheel, you might get more of a bead to protect from curb rash. Of course, no one here has ever touched a curb with their wheels. Ever. Right?
  • “Stretching” tires (within reason) is said to provide a better contact patch (?) and will not anger the gods to a point where your wheels come off and your aunt gets struck by lightning. Just keep wheel width within the range you just found above, and no one gets toasted.
  • PRO TIP: tire widths are in millimeters (yes, the correct way to measure things :cool: ), so just ask your phone to convert that for you. 225 mm? That is 8.86 inches.
  • Now you know the width of your tire thread in American. Compare that to the wheel width. Is it close? Is anyone hearing static?

Offset
  • This can be a way to move your wheel edge out to get a more flush look instead of using spacers.
  • Just like with spacers, you might be putting more stress on the important bits that keep the wheels attached to the car. But that is likely only an issue for track use.
  • A wider wheel can help you get a more flush look while keeping the offset close to original spec. Simple math I guess: a half-inch wider wheel with the same offset means the inside and outside edges of the wheel are a quarter-inch farther out from the center. So that quarter-inch would the equivalent to a bit more than 6mm of spacer. And you have a wider wheel and tire. [EDIT] But don’t do that, you are likely to hit the suspension. You also need offset.
  • Offset feels simpler than spacers for the less dedicated amongst us, like me. Unless I am unable to get the flushness I want with just wheel width and offset.
  • So some offset combined with a wider wheel might get me what I am looking for. Neither I or my car are at home at the moment (it is getting a tint and chrome delete) so I can’t measure my desired flushness needs.
  • I totally forgot what the standard wheel offset is. I guess it should be printed on the inside of the wheels...
19 inch wheel and tires
  • Feels a bit like unicorns, less selection it seems.
Try it out!

Oh, and there are some crazy price differences in the forged wheels out there. Wonder what that is about, and what you lose by paying $2500 instead of $5-6k.
With all of this said, I am personally still undecided. All I know is I want 19 inches! But now I kind of want the sweet tires Tesla worked so hard on (I remember reading about that somewhere that I cannot find right now, and it seemed quite impressive). Oh wait no, I need all-seasons. I guess there is more work to do!

Last edited: