Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V-FF 103's in Carbon Graphite

Front: 19x8.5 5x114.3 ET35
245/40/19
Rear: 19x9.5 5x114.3 ET40
265/35/19

20190706_110803.jpg

Reactions: Dysan911
I'm contemplating spacers, 10mm front and 15mm back with the stock aeros during winter setup. What factors are there to consider if running different size spacers in the front versus back? What can I expect with respect to how it could affect driving dynamics?
The difference of 5mm between front and back is tiny, I'll bet you won't feel the difference in driving dynamics especially since the wheels and tires specs are same/square

Reactions: P-Lo801
Since you said MXM4, I assume you had 18" wheels. How do efficiency and noise compare?

Hi there, so far I'm pleased with the purchase. The MXM4's felt a bit lofty and floaty and were awful in rain. Regarding the noise, they are louder for sure b/c they dont have the foam, but it's not completely unbearable. Listening to music certainly helps drown it out. The performance in wet conditions is amazing (and exactly what i wanted to improve since I already have a set of winter tires).

Overall, the ride feels a bit more sporty with the AS3+, firmer steering, I feel more in control, I feel the road better, and bumps and such don't feel really that much different (maybe slightly better but that's all subjective). Another bonus to these tires is the stopping distance is much lower than the MXM4s, which means in the event that i'm traveling at high speeds and have to brake, it'll take a shorter distance to come to a complete stop, which is nice to have for our family.

Efficiency seems the same to be honest, I’m using the aero caps if that makes a difference.

After spending 8+ months looking at rims, finally pulled the trigger on the VMR 802. At first I wanted a square setup so I could rotate tires. But I went with a staggered setup for the wider look in the rear after talking with a friend who had 19's on his model 3.

Front:
19x8.5 ET35
245/40/19 Yokohama Advan A/S

Rear:
19x9.5 ET45
275/35/19

I was originally looking at the V-FF 107 but they didn't come in 19". I'm extremely happy VMR came out with these so I got the look I wanted in the size I wanted at a much lower price point. These are anthracite, but I've gotten some comments that in the sun they have a dark bronze tint to them. I drove up to Orange County to see the finish in person and ended up ordering that day. Took about a week to get them.

I chose the tires based on on tirerack rankings, really looking for treadwear, efficiency, and price. I've put about 1400 miles on them and so far my average Wh/mile is pretty close with the stock tires (274 vs 270 lifetime).

Overall I'm extremely happy with my choices. VMR was great to deal with, I got the look I wanted in 19", and so far the tires have been exactly what I was hoping for. Only thing I might change is find some Tesla logos for the centercaps.

495BF06F-1D0F-4AF2-A5C3-F87F2FDEBBC8.JPG EB235CF8-945C-4B67-97B2-55DFF57FF2F0.JPG 3DC20D73-9C30-4E52-972D-60C02E200F45.JPG

The DWS is a very different tire to those considered by the OP, it's more of a comfort tire, not too great when cornering.
I ran 2 sets of those on a Q7 and have not experienced longer tread life vs the Pirellis.

Depends on where you are as well. DWS06's are great in the rain and sun so if you're in the Pacific Northwest it's a great all around tire. Treadwear depends on different factors too. I can't imagine a Q7 cornering well on any tire.

V-FF 103's in Carbon Graphite

Front: 19x8.5 5x114.3 ET35
245/40/19
Rear: 19x9.5 5x114.3 ET40
265/35/19

View attachment 448344
I like your style. I've had those on my P3D for 13 months now.

I'm about to purchase a dedicated set of super lightweight track wheels/tires when I return home from deployment in 4 weeks and will post here to compare. For now, here's my car from last year with the staggered setup and pre-coilover install:

(The matching gunmetal chrome delete and Tesla center caps were done by me)

IMG_0907.jpg
IMG_0927.jpg

After spending 8+ months looking at rims, finally pulled the trigger on the VMR 802. At first I wanted a square setup so I could rotate tires. But I went with a staggered setup for the wider look in the rear after talking with a friend who had 19's on his model 3.

Front:
19x8.5 ET35

Rear:
19x9.5 ET45
275/35/19

I was originally looking at the V-FF 107 but they didn't come in 19". I'm extremely happy VMR came out with these so I got the look I wanted in the size I wanted at a much lower price point. These are anthracite, but I've gotten some comments that in the sun they have a dark bronze tint to them. I drove up to Orange County to see the finish in person and ended up ordering that day. Took about a week to get them.

I chose the tires based on on tirerack rankings, really looking for treadwear, efficiency, and price. I've put about 1400 miles on them and so far my average Wh/mile is pretty close with the stock tires (274 vs 270 lifetime).

Overall I'm extremely happy with my choices. VMR was great to deal with, I got the look I wanted in 19", and so far the tires have been exactly what I was hoping for. Only thing I might change is find some Tesla logos for the centercaps.

View attachment 448462 View attachment 448463 View attachment 448464

Front:
19x8.5 ET35

Rear:
19x9.5 ET45
275/35/19

View attachment 448462 View attachment 448463 View attachment 448464
Looks amazing! I am waiting on the same wheels for my red M3. I have been debating chrome delete, and you might be pushing me over the edge.