Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking at multiple threads and it seems like 20x9 is ideal to run 255/35/20 on a P3D+. I’m just looking to run a bit wider wheels than stock but I’m stumped about offset so I don’t run into any rubbing issues on the front, especially during cornering and such, coilovers are on the way but I only plan on lowering it minimally, any suggestions/ examples from y’all for close to flush fitment with no rubbing on 255s? I was thinking somewhere between +30 and +35 Many thanks.

Been looking at multiple threads and it seems like 20x9 is ideal to run 255/35/20 on a P3D+. I’m just looking to run a bit wider wheels than stock but I’m stumped about offset so I don’t run into any rubbing issues on the front, especially during cornering and such, coilovers are on the way but I only plan on lowering it minimally, any suggestions/ examples from y’all for close to flush fitment with no rubbing on 255s? I was thinking somewhere between +30 and +35 Many thanks.

I’m running 20x9 ET+30 front and ET+21 rear with MPP comfort coils on 255/35/20 without problems and this will give you the flush fitment you’re looking for. You can do ET+30 square so you can rotate your wheels/tires, but the rears won’t be flush.

Reactions: UWGorilla
I’m running 20x9 ET+30 front and ET+21 rear with MPP comfort coils on 255/35/20 without problems and this will give you the flush fitment you’re looking for. You can do ET+30 square so you can rotate your wheels/tires, but the rears won’t be flush.
I saw your posts on other threads and that’s how I arrived at 20x9. Would +35 then poke 5mm more out or be 5mm closer to the suspension? Always gets me confused haha, thanks.

I saw your posts on other threads and that’s how I arrived at 20x9. Would +35 then poke 5mm more out or be 5mm closer to the suspension? Always gets me confused haha, thanks.

+35 will be tucked in closer to the suspension. If you’re looking for a custom offset, message Jamie from Signature Wheels (mention I referred you for a good discount off MRSP from Jamie) or the guys (Josh, Jason or John...seems like they all start with “J” LOL) at Get Your Wheels to give you some suggestions for what you’re looking for. I’ve ordered wheels from both companies and the reps are very knowledgeable in fitment and what suits your needs.

Last edited:
Here is my Build... Thank you Jason and everyone that helped
me decide. I went with a square setup.

· Avant Guard wheels - M520-R Dark Graphite Metallic 5X114.3 19X9.5 +35 15 DGM 64.1 – By Jason at Getyourwheels.com

· Michelin Sport AS/3 Tires – 265/35-R19

IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0510.jpg
IMG_0512.jpg
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0510.jpg
IMG_0512.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0510.jpg
IMG_0512.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0542.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg

So is there poke or no poke in the front when going with 19 x 9.5 +35 & 265/35? Definitely want a square setup & I've seen opinions & evidence supporting both... Even in @2020Reset's post above, from the front it looks like there's none, from the rear it looks like there's a little bit. Primarily concerned w/ poking past the fender - bumper is fine.

If anyone is interested in T Sportline's wheels and want to see it on a 3 that's also lowered on T Sportline springs, we got the opportunity to build a T Sportline 3 for a client. We also installed T Sportline's carbon add-ons too. All it needs now is a chrome delete!

Finally clean! VMR 804 19x9.5 et 35. 245/40/19. Gonna add a 3mm spacer to the rear to make it come out a little more.
View attachment 496677View attachment 496678View attachment 496679

Looks soooooo good! Those wheels are really clean. Great design (very similar to the aero wheel) and extremely light and strong.

Is there enough stud length to do 5mm rear spacers? Or is that pushing it?

Also, are they bored to 64.1mm or did you have to get hub centric rings?

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Looks soooooo good! Those wheels are really clean. Great design (very similar to the aero wheel) and extremely light and strong.

Is there enough stud length to do 5mm rear spacers? Or is that pushing it?

Also, are they bored to 64.1mm or did you have to get hub centric rings?

No rinngs. Bored to 64.1. VMR actually does the performance lip in their machining too for all their wheels at no cost. I think someone told me 3mm max non hub centric spacer but whatever I can safely do. Rear wheels do look inset a little. The oem lug nuts are 1 thread under the stud but I’ll make sure there’s at least half. Probably carry a torque wrench with me and check every stop for at least a week lol.

a lot of people do black wheels but I like the pop so I went with silver.

Last edited:
So is there poke or no poke in the front when going with 19 x 9.5 +35 & 265/35? Definitely want a square setup & I've seen opinions & evidence supporting both... Even in @2020Reset's post above, from the front it looks like there's none, from the rear it looks like there's a little bit. Primarily concerned w/ poking past the fender - bumper is fine.
I'm out of town but as soon as I come back, I'll set a piece of wood from side to side and check for you.

Reactions: Dolemite

here is the setup with 265 on stock height. Not my car. The wheel won’t poke BUT tire will rub if you lowered from what I can tell.
A1AC9109-10FA-4B5D-BF0A-656634228925.jpeg
6D103B89-F660-4FAF-B74A-AC9C8A4CD4E9.jpeg

here is the setup with 265 on stock height. Not my car. The wheel won’t poke BUT tire will rub if you lowered from what I can tell.
View attachment 496934 View attachment 496935
Is that why you went with 245s? First time I'm hearing about a concern re rubbing on 265s on a 9.5.

Also I really like those VMRs... I can't make up my mind. Wouldn't even consider them in a standalone pic, but they look really good once mounted.

Thanks to everyone trying things out & posting pics in this thread.

Is that why you went with 245s? First time I'm hearing about a concern re rubbing on 265s on a 9.5.

Also I really like those VMRs... I can't make up my mind. Wouldn't even consider them in a standalone pic, but they look really good once mounted.

Thanks to everyone trying things out & posting pics in this thread.
I went with 245 bc I have speed bumps in my neighborhood that my oem wheels would allow my car to barely get over without scraping. So I needed more “height” off the ground. That’s why I couldn’t go 255/265 35 series.