Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HRE FF01 + Vorsetiner Body Kit

Attachments

• law.jpg
    law.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 672
Ended up getting a huge discount on my Michelin replacement tires at discount tire from the michelin warranty. If the Primacy Tour A/S were in stock it would have only cost $332 out the door, but those are on national backorder. I upgraded to the Michelin Cross Climates and that was $512 after the warranty discount. It seems like the warranty discount was around $150 a tire or so since those tires would cost around $1100 to install otherwise at $220 a tire. You do have to replace the tires with other Michelin's but most Michelin certified shops can replace them under warranty.

Definitely don't get another set of MXM4's at the service center. Those cost around $1200 out the door. Your mileage may vary. Same thing with Costco also, they may honor the warranty when you buy from them, but your first set won't be covered.

Just another reason why I have always used discount tire for over 20 years.

Ok I gotta ask: how did you get that to work? I've been getting the runaround from Michelin, Tesla, and Discount Tire for the past month or so: I first to discount tire because one of my tires was deflating super fast (at the time it was losing 0.25 PSI per day). They informed my that I only had about 30% left on my tires —with only 12k miles on them— so I contacted Michelin for a warranty claim. Michelin said they needed "proof" from a licensed dealer such as Discount Tire or Tesla to confirm the condition of my tires. I called DT and they told me they weren't interested in contacting Michelin, it's not really something they do. Back to Michelin they said "then go to Tesla". I booked a service appointment and after a month of waiting, I get there yesterday and they tell me they don't do this sort of thing, contacting Michelin that is.

So back to square one: how do you get the warranty to be applied when buying new tires? Let's assume for now that I just want the OEM tires. The warranty discount more than makes up for the inflated price of the foam insert and the not-the-most-common size.

Ok I gotta ask: how did you get that to work? I've been getting the runaround from Michelin, Tesla, and Discount Tire for the past month or so....

Not everyone is eligible for the tire mileage warranty from Michelin. Sometime in, if I recall correctly, early 2019, Michelin changed their warranty policy to exclude OEM tires, so if you purchased after the change happened, then you wouldn't be eligible. There's a thread somewhere on this forum about it, so you can look at the date on the thread to get an idea of when the change happened. If you purchased before, then try talking to another Discount Tire location.

I got a set of used Michelin tires for my RV (except the spare) when the old tires were starting to crack from old age as 8 yo tires. Used they were super cheap from craigslist, they even installed them, had to jack the RV up and put jack stands under. Scary.

Then a couple of years later I lost the tread off one of the dualies on the hwy. By the time I came to a stop the air came out of the tire too. I cautiously drove to the next exit and had AAA put on my spare.

When I got to the nearest tire shop (Discount in Tualatin, OR) they were writing me up a quote when I came across the Michelin warranty specifically mentioning Sprinters on my Sprinter support group. Discount Tire checked it out and sure enough, FREE tires all around (except the spare).

What a bargain
-Eddie Murphy

I’ve been staring at these wheels on the HRE website for months!

Any issues with rubbing? I had contacted HRE with questions and they suggested lowering the car because of the aggressive fitment.

Any feedback on your experience would be appreciated. Awesome car! :)

I ordered the spec HRE recommended (9.5x20 ET35; 10.5x20 ET45) tires are 255/30-20, 275/30-20. I didn't check and just realized the front tires are slightly shorter than the OEM, I might swap it with taller tires eventually. No rubbing, but I will see once the MPP rear camber kit is tweaked a bit more.

Not everyone is eligible for the tire mileage warranty from Michelin. Sometime in, if I recall correctly, early 2019, Michelin changed their warranty policy to exclude OEM tires, so if you purchased after the change happened, then you wouldn't be eligible. There's a thread somewhere on this forum about it, so you can look at the date on the thread to get an idea of when the change happened. If you purchased before, then try talking to another Discount Tire location.

I got my car in July 2018 so I'm fine. I've got a warranty claim open with Michelin... they just need a vendor to confirm the condition of the tires. How did you go about getting Discount Tire to get your warranty involved? Do you just say you're buying new tires from them and they need to contact Michelin? What does the process look like? They gave me the middle finger... so it's possible I just need to go to a different location?

Does anyone know what Tesla is charging to replace two of the MXM4? Wondering if it is cheaper to go to a third party. My rears are gone at 19k miles on the LR3. I don't know how these are warrantied to 50k?

This comment goes for anyone in this thread. If you need to replace your first set of Michelin MXM4's, go to a Michelin approved dealer like Discount Tire or another store and they can prorate the discount on the tire warranty. My Michelin cross climate new set was $513 out the door and I got a 60% discount on replacing them at 17k miles. Those tires would have cost $1100+ without the warranty. The only major stipulation is that you need to repalce with new Michelin tires.

I saw a mention on cross climate's above, and they are better on traction and weather than the MXM4's, but they do seem to be less efficient on that front. I did a 4077 mile road trip on them over the Christmas holidays and overall had no issues, but my average was 315 wh/m for my entire trip. I did not have any issues with noise on mine. They seem about equal on that front, just some surfaces are louder than others.

Ok I gotta ask: how did you get that to work? I've been getting the runaround from Michelin, Tesla, and Discount Tire for the past month or so: I first to discount tire because one of my tires was deflating super fast (at the time it was losing 0.25 PSI per day). They informed my that I only had about 30% left on my tires —with only 12k miles on them— so I contacted Michelin for a warranty claim. Michelin said they needed "proof" from a licensed dealer such as Discount Tire or Tesla to confirm the condition of my tires. I called DT and they told me they weren't interested in contacting Michelin, it's not really something they do. Back to Michelin they said "then go to Tesla". I booked a service appointment and after a month of waiting, I get there yesterday and they tell me they don't do this sort of thing, contacting Michelin that is.

So back to square one: how do you get the warranty to be applied when buying new tires? Let's assume for now that I just want the OEM tires. The warranty discount more than makes up for the inflated price of the foam insert and the not-the-most-common size.

I just went in and had the employee at Discount review the warranty materials for Michelin and then they prorated it and ordered my tires. I did not call at all, just showed up and had them look into what they can do there. That was last month when I got them replaced.

• Love
Reactions: tinkererguy