Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed MPP comfort coils on my Stealth.

Might lower the front a bit if it doesn’t settle in more.

Vertini RFS1.1
19x8.5 +32 square with stock Continental 235/40/19 tires.

C79DB2E9-8B01-4ED3-925E-E5D2565EDDBD.jpeg
E322B328-86D5-43E9-A001-7E706A78AD29.jpeg
7DA8A2D7-4545-45C0-B9A8-BB2D8AC4CA28.jpeg
0C754E31-568E-478D-B720-573E9392810C.jpeg
68620CC4-0959-4DDA-80F0-B96CD59AAF14.jpeg
D11EB3E3-DB72-4CBC-A702-71C61044C2C0.jpeg

When looking at all these rim places. They ask for the trim of your car .I have the mid range version .The only options are base or long range .What should I select?

The only relevant variable is whether or not you have the performance brakes. All other trim levels essentially have the same offset and lack the lip on the Hub that the performance brakes entail. This is because the Performance brake cars had a thinner rotor hat which created that lip on the Hub and which early on created all kinds of mounting issues for aftermarket wheels but all of the other standard brake cars lack that feature/liability. For that reason you want 40 mm offset on those non-performance brake cars and 35 mm offset or thereabouts on Performance brake cars

Reactions: borijess3
Just installed MPP comfort coils on my Stealth.

Might lower the front a bit if it doesn’t settle in more.

Vertini RFS1.1
19x8.5 +32 square with stock Continental 235/40/19 tires.

View attachment 513459 View attachment 513460 View attachment 513461 View attachment 513462 View attachment 513463 View attachment 513464

Nice! I'm a bit biased and rather partial to that look myself! The pearlescent white goes great with brushed aluminum and not so great at least in my opinion with black. I know black is all the rage but I think the brushed aluminum looks almost pearlescent in some lights and syncs up nicely with the paint.

In any case I love those vertini wheels and own a pair of them myself the VS14s. Got them from get your wheels.com. Really good outfit - is that where you got yours?

20200108_113423.jpg

Reactions: XLR82XS and mnml
Nice! I'm a bit biased and rather partial to that look myself! The pearlescent white goes great with brushed aluminum and not so great at least in my opinion with black. I know black is all the rage but I think the brushed aluminum looks almost pearlescent in some lights and syncs up nicely with the paint.

In any case I love those vertini wheels and own a pair of them myself the VS14s. Got them from get your wheels.com. Really good outfit - is that where you got yours?

View attachment 513527

I have to agree with ya. I like that you can see the detail of the spoke design on a brushed wheel. Yep, got these through Get Your Wheels. I was going to go staggered but decided I wanted to use my stock tires so opted for the 19x8.5. Range looks about the same so far. I might lower the front by 1/2" if it doesn't settle any lower. Right now, it kinda looks like the rear is sagging. I might add a 3mm or 5mm spacer in the rear as well.

Your car looks great. The red calipers gives a nice pop of contrast.

Today we finally had some good weather here and thankfully had the day off. Washed my Model 3 nicely and then finally put my new wheels on to see what they'd really look like on the car. :) I really think these wheels look amazing, also very happy I went with the 18 inch. These wheels seem a bit bigger than they actually are and I'll still have the same comfort as with the original 18 inch Tesla wheels. ;) For now I still went back to the winter set but in a few weeks they'll definately stay on the car for the coming months. :p

k4yNEFZ.jpg

XdpMxlU.jpg

m0GrdnT.jpg

1N7bnhD.jpg

Within a month I'll also have 2 other mods which will make these wheels and the car as a whole look even better, can't wait! :)

Also thinking about getting it chrome deleted as it looks a bit off now with these bronze wheels but that's probably going to happen a bit later.

Are you still using OEM tire size on those, or something different? The sidewalls look a little smaller on them in the pictures.

Are you still using OEM tire size on those, or something different? The sidewalls look a little smaller on them in the pictures.

They're the OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/45 R18 tires. That's why I like these wheels so much, they look bigger than they actually are, making the tire sidewalls look smaller. Not quite like 19 inch yet but it seems close. Unless you also have the same design in 19 inch ofcourse. They definately look bigger than the Aero wheels because of the spokes going right op to the edge of the wheel. But meanwhile you still have all the benefits of the 18 inch. :D

I’m in Dallas and looking to replace my tires. I didn’t do a rotation until after 10k and my rears were 4/32, fronts 7/32. Couldn’t believe how much they wore down.

My preference is to find a quiet tire that will last. I don’t care about mileage. That Michelin deal seems like a good idea but the CrossClimate seems like overkill for Dallas. Any thoughts?

I'm in a similar situation: I'm in Southern California and so don't really need all season tires. But, the CrossClimate seems to get very good ratings on TireRack.

I could use advice (especially of options available at Costco, though I could go elsewhere; Costco has the MXM4, CrossClimate, and Pilot Sport 4S.). I'm a normal commuter driver in SoCal, so I don't need ultra-high-performance. I want something that is a good balance: decent handling, decent longevity, not too noisy.

My 18" MXM4s are expensive, wore out very quickly, and don't have great ratings at tire rack, so I was thinking of trying something different.

The CrossClimate seems to be better in just about every way (treadlife warranty is a bit lower, but hard to imagine they would be worse; and probably efficiency is worse).

Costco also sells the Pilot Sport 4S, which seems like a good Southern California option, but I'm worried because the treadlife warranty is much lower (30,000mi). Given that the MXM4s didn't last nearly as long as the warranty, I'm worried how long these would last.

I would appreciate your recommendations!

Costco also sells the Pilot Sport 4S, which seems like a good Southern California option, but I'm worried because the treadlife warranty is much lower (30,000mi). Given that the MXM4s didn't last nearly as long as the warranty, I'm worried how long these would last.

I would appreciate your recommendations!

4S treadlife is lower. But so is the braking distance, by quite a bit.

If you live someplace you'll never have to drive under 35-40 degrees there's no reason to get anything except summer tires- all seasons are called that because they're inferior in all seasons compared to dedicated seasonal tires... (some like the A/S 3+ are significantly less-inferior than others like the MXM4s, but they're still gonna be at least a bit behind in virtually all measures above 40 degrees)

Matte Military Green Model 3 with 20" Forged M3115 Wheels in Matte Black

• Size: 20x8.5" Front, 20x10" Rear
  • Offset: +35 Front, +40 Rear
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1 (Tesla Model 3 Performance Compatible)
  • Weight: 20x8.5": 19.75 lbs; 20x10": 21.45 lbs
  • Load Rating: 750 kg/1,650 lbs
  • Tire Size: 20x8.5": 235/35-20; 20x10": 275/30-20

matte-military-green-tesla-model-3-performance-20-inch-forged-wheels-m3115-black-wm-1.jpg
matte-military-green-tesla-model-3-performance-20-inch-forged-wheels-m3115-black-wm-2.jpg
matte-military-green-tesla-model-3-performance-20-inch-forged-wheels-m3115-black-wm-3.jpg