Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my new wheels install yesterday. I am running the stock 18" tires

IMG_20200307_112800398_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200307_112832374_HDR.jpg

This comment goes for anyone in this thread. If you need to replace your first set of Michelin MXM4's, go to a Michelin approved dealer like Discount Tire or another store and they can prorate the discount on the tire warranty. My Michelin cross climate new set was $513 out the door and I got a 60% discount on replacing them at 17k miles. Those tires would have cost $1100+ without the warranty. The only major stipulation is that you need to repalce with new Michelin tires.

I saw a mention on cross climate's above, and they are better on traction and weather than the MXM4's, but they do seem to be less efficient on that front. I did a 4077 mile road trip on them over the Christmas holidays and overall had no issues, but my average was 315 wh/m for my entire trip. I did not have any issues with noise on mine. They seem about equal on that front, just some surfaces are louder than others.
Hi rideincircles, what year is your car?

I went to America's tire this morning to ask if they can prorate my tires and they said they would only be able to give me 10% off each Michelin MXM4 tire. They mentioned they stopped doing this a few months ago, but not sure if this is really true.

I then went online to Michelin's website to chat online with a agent and they asked about my car info and gave me a case number. They said I can goto any authorized michelin dealer and have the shop inspect the tires and then call them and they can prorate the tires for me. I have a appointment next week and I'll see what happens. Also, mine is a 2018 model 3.

Yep. Most of the JDM wheels in 114.3x5 are for 12mm lugs, not 14mm for our car. @MountainPass had to drill out their Advan RGIII.
Thanks for this detail! I didn't realise this and would have ended up being really frustrated when my new wheels arrived and didn't fit.

Just ordered a set of Bronze ZR10's 19x8.5 from Work in Japan, best part is they will make custom sets for no extra cost, except a little bit of a wait time. They're making me the 5x114.3 with M14 stud holes, although with a 2 to 3 month wait.

Bronze on Blue Model 3 is going to look epic.

emotion-zr10-2 (1).jpg

Hi rideincircles, what year is your car?

I went to America's tire this morning to ask if they can prorate my tires and they said they would only be able to give me 10% off each Michelin MXM4 tire. They mentioned they stopped doing this a few months ago, but not sure if this is really true.

I then went online to Michelin's website to chat online with a agent and they asked about my car info and gave me a case number. They said I can goto any authorized michelin dealer and have the shop inspect the tires and then call them and they can prorate the tires for me. I have a appointment next week and I'll see what happens. Also, mine is a 2018 model 3.

Update
======
I went to America's tire this morning and I told them I had a case number from Michelin and to have them check my tire tread and to call them at the number that was provided in the email. Right away the sale rep said calling wasn't necessary and to just do the proration adjustment. I decided to get the same exact MXM4 tire as I read other tire brands may reduce efficiency. I had about 21k miles on my stock tires and was able to get back $563 credit and with installation and certificates, it came out to $774 out the door. Pretty awesome deal.

Update
======
I went to America's tire this morning and I told them I had a case number from Michelin and to have them check my tire tread and to call them at the number that was provided in the email. Right away the sale rep said calling wasn't necessary and to just do the proration adjustment. I decided to get the same exact MXM4 tire as I read other tire brands may reduce efficiency. I had about 21k miles on my stock tires and was able to get back $563 credit and with installation and certificates, it came out to $774 out the door. Pretty awesome deal.

That’s a great deal. What were your tread depths? Did they take measurements? Did they ask for any proof you rotated the tires?

Need more red Model 3s in this thread.

Not great pictures, but had to take a couple before I even picked the car up from the tire shop. More, better pictures to come later!

- Performance 3 with upgrade package, stock suspension.
- Nikola Pro chrome delete in satin black.
- Wheels are Vossen HF-5, 20" staggered, matte gunmetal. I can post the exact specs of the wheel and tire sizes if people care.

IMG_0723.jpeg

IMG_0722.jpeg

The Apex fit? I somehow concluded they didn’t, but I don’t remember my source (other than, I’m sure, somewhere in this thread). That’s what I’m running in the summer on my M3, but different bolt pattern so I’ll have to sell those when I sell the M, and buy new shoes for the Tesla.

Thanks. I did eventually find the spreadsheet, not sure how I missed it before. Leaning toward the Konig, but they’ve got a new Hexaform wheel I quite like but isn’t actually out yet. :/

Those wheels look great. Why the conti tires? I’ve been planning the Michelin, going to see if I can get away with summer tires all year in Portland. It doesn’t get cold here much, and, well, the M3 was utterly useless in the snow (even with full snow tires) so we’re used to walking when it gets bad.

I ended up with super wide staggered tires on my other car, figuring narrower square on this one. Lots of 8.5”, but I can’t imagine narrower than 9.5”, especially if I’m ever going to track it.

I'm 99% set on wheels. When it comes to the rear, I can get a 9.5 +35 or +25. 35 obviously is the safe bet but I'd like them as flush as possible without rubbing. 10mm is about 3/8". Thoughts?

Anyone running a 9.5+35 rear and wish they had just a tiny bit more poke?
Look back at this post on page 105 for an example of +35: MASTER THREAD: Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3

- I'm looking at the exact same setup and deciding between +32 vs +35

I’m starting research on new tires...quiet and comfort are my two most important criteria. I’m considering Bridgestone Quiettrack.

So I had my 19" QuietTracks mounted on Wednesday, and so far, I'm thrilled. They're definitely, definitely quieter than the 18" MXM4's I had previously. Handling and grip seem good, but that's purely subjective. Haven't had any rain to drive in yet, so can't comment on that either.

They feel better over bumps and such as well, but some of that could be outcome bias.

But they look good and ride smoothly. Very happy so far (all 48 hours' worth!)

I'm 99% set on wheels. When it comes to the rear, I can get a 9.5 +35 or +25. 35 obviously is the safe bet but I'd like them as flush as possible without rubbing. 10mm is about 3/8". Thoughts?

Anyone running a 9.5+35 rear and wish they had just a tiny bit more poke?

There are a couple ppl in this thread that are running et25 with 9.5; I even recall one with 10.5.

Reactions: ChargedSociety
There are a couple ppl in this thread that are running et25 with 9.5; I even recall one with 10.5.
Since I posted, I've seen a couple of people running 10.5 +25s or lower but they always seem to be cars with heavy suspension mods. One I talked to is running a 275 rear on a 10.5+25 and says it cleared fine. I believe them but looking at pictures, I just don't see how it's possible. I'd only be running a 265.

Option 1 is a 9.5 +35
Option 2 is a 9.5+25
Option 3 is a 10 +25.

I'm now pretty confident that option 2 shouldn't be an issue but option 3 has a different much more concave face that I'm really tempted by. Debating now if I should push my luck or not.

Reactions: P-Lo801