Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my P3D and have been reading the numerous wheel threads all over the place. I know what look I am going for, just not width and offset. I have the stock performance 20 inch rims, of which I just replaced the right rear due to a taco crack, and the left rear is very slightly out of round. With that said, I am moving to more rubber, so 19 inch diameter is what I will buy.
But, and this is a big but, stick with 8.5 inch rims, or go wider?
My ultimate goal is better handling, less chance of pot hole damage, and not much reduction in range.
Offset of 30, 35, 40, or some other offset?
I hit the twisties often, but rarely the track, so should I go 235s or 245s in the Michelin PS4 tires?
I look forward to your suggestions as I am ready to buy soon.

Oh, no adapters or hub rings wanted, and must have performance hub chamfer.

Just got my P3D and have been reading the numerous wheel threads all over the place. I know what look I am going for, just not width and offset. I have the stock performance 20 inch rims, of which I just replaced the right rear due to a taco crack, and the left rear is very slightly out of round. With that said, I am moving to more rubber, so 19 inch diameter is what I will buy.
But, and this is a big but, stick with 8.5 inch rims, or go wider?
My ultimate goal is better handling, less chance of pot hole damage, and not much reduction in range.
Offset of 30, 35, 40, or some other offset?
I hit the twisties often, but rarely the track, so should I go 235s or 245s in the Michelin PS4 tires?
I look forward to your suggestions as I am ready to buy soon.

Oh, no adapters or hub rings wanted, and must have performance hub chamfer.
Congrats on your P3D. 19x9+35mm would be the best choice. The weight difference between 8.5 and 9 will be minimal at best.

043E4679-4257-4E5C-AE2F-F9C4E2C3327D.jpeg
I got sick of the 20” wheels eating through tires with real light impact (small potholes and bumps). Just added the T Sportline 19” TSS Flow wheels and am very happy!

pics attached
BC236C00-2B6F-4565-B046-75C89A39F52A.jpeg

Need more red Model 3s in this thread.

Not great pictures, but had to take a couple before I even picked the car up from the tire shop. More, better pictures to come later!

- Performance 3 with upgrade package, stock suspension.
- Nikola Pro chrome delete in satin black.
- Wheels are Vossen HF-5, 20" staggered, matte gunmetal. I can post the exact specs of the wheel and tire sizes if people care.

View attachment 520465

View attachment 520464

spec of wheels and tires please! Are these the anthracite or gunmetal finish. Looks great!!

I spoke w/ an engineer at Velox, he said, "uh, maybe". I was specifically concerned about caliper clearance, and he didn't ha clear answer, stating that Tesla changed the "barrel shape" of their hubs on the performance model (?). Since I'd be ordering through Costco, guess I could buy just one and see if it fits, before buying a set with tires. I'm not sure I'm willing to reduce my performance to increase my range, but since I'm not tracking the car, I notice how inefficient the stock 20's are (I still prefer the look of the 20's).

I spoke w/ an engineer at Velox, he said, "uh, maybe". I was specifically concerned about caliper clearance, and he didn't ha clear answer, stating that Tesla changed the "barrel shape" of their hubs on the performance model (?). Since I'd be ordering through Costco, guess I could buy just one and see if it fits, before buying a set with tires. I'm not sure I'm willing to reduce my performance to increase my range, but since I'm not tracking the car, I notice how inefficient the stock 20's are (I still prefer the look of the 20's).

oh my bad. I forgot to account for P3D cars