Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the lovely weather here now I finally swapped to the summer set as well on my Model 3. Fitment still isn't the way I want it to be just yet (couldn't change ET on these wheels), they'll be pushed out a bit with spacers. The plan was to have these spacers already before swapping the wheels but unfortunately it's taking a bit longer to have them made. So for now only some pictures without the spacers. ;) It already looks much better now it's been lowered though (-20mm of Cobra Suspension). The wheels are Rosenstein Delta 18" in matte bronze (imported from USA as they weren't available here).

FMqG1JA.jpg

WhMEwgt.jpg

kncBBQu.jpg

Yes, the tire need to be dismount and swap around. The tire shop usually charge about $25 per tire (depend on the area) for mount and balance. It's basically $100 for tire rotation.

A better, more efficient way to do a slight stagger like this is with a small 5-7mm spacer. You get the fitment of the staggered offset and the ability to rotate tires easily... and most importantly, you don't have to make it a multiple hour long affair with a tire shop. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time trusting tire shops with a nice set of wheels. I've seen and had too many come out with slight blemishes and scuffs because of their handling and machines. Many tire shop machines use incredibly destructive "grabbers" (the little pads that grab the inside of the barrel) to fasten the wheel to the machine. Also, not sure what it's called, but the big collar nut that holds the wheel to the balancer is likely to leave marks on the face of the wheel.

A better, more efficient way to do a slight stagger like this is with a small 5-7mm spacer. You get the fitment of the staggered offset and the ability to rotate tires easily... and most importantly, you don't have to make it a multiple hour long affair with a tire shop. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time trusting tire shops with a nice set of wheels. I've seen and had too many come out with slight blemishes and scuffs because of their handling and machines. Many tire shop machines use incredibly destructive "grabbers" (the little pads that grab the inside of the barrel) to fasten the wheel to the machine. Also, not sure what it's called, but the big collar nut that holds the wheel to the balancer is likely to leave marks on the face of the wheel.

The wheel is build to order base on each's preference. Beside better rear fitment, the owner wants deeper concavity for the rear without running wide wheel or tire. Adding spacer isn't always a better way, and 5 mm is about the limit for lug nut to have enough turns revolution for the OEM studs, any thicker without extending studs/bolts will cause safety concern. We do have owner who build a square setup and run spacer, but again, its all personal preference.

Doesn’t matter if it’s stock wheel or any other wheels. Tire shop shouldn’t damage the wheels. They have full responsibility, and if your tire
shop can’t promise that, it’s better for you to find another shop. A tire shop with proper equipment and skills will have no issue making that promise.

The wheel is build to order base on each's preference. Beside better rear fitment, the owner wants deeper concavity for the rear without running wide wheel or tire. Adding spacer isn't always a better way, and 5 mm is about the limit for lug nut to have enough turns revolution for the OEM studs, any thicker without extending studs/bolts will cause safety concern. We do have owner who build a square setup and run spacer, but again, its all personal preference.

Doesn’t matter if it’s stock wheel or any other wheels. Tire shop shouldn’t damage the wheels. They have full responsibility, and if your tire
shop can’t promise that, it’s better for you to find another shop. A tire shop with proper equipment and skills will have no issue making that promise.

Totally get it. To each their own. I was just stating my preference. I'd rather have the ability to rotate every 5k miles by spending a half our or so in my garage than turning it into a long process. I've seen TE37s scuffed and the customer left high and dry. Not worth it for such a valuable wheel (Signatures included!).

Reactions: gcmak and P-Lo801
dang those do look pretty good. Car needs at least a 1" drop, but nice to see these wheels exist for reals!
Working on that, Eibach springs on order.

BIG QUESTION IS....

Did you manage to weigh them at all prior to throwing new tires on??
Unfortunately not but I will once I do the spring install.

Looks good. What do those things weigh?
Unfortunately didnt get a chance to weigh, but I will once I do the spring install.

A couple shots of my other Model 3:
Volk Racing TE37 Ultra Track Edition V2
Rotora Big Brake Kit
KWv3 Coilovers
Vorsteiner Volta Aero Kit

te2.JPG

te3.JPG

te1.JPG

Last edited: