Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_6445.jpg

Advan RG3 19x10 +35 with 265/35/19 all around

Thanks for this detail! I didn't realise this and would have ended up being really frustrated when my new wheels arrived and didn't fit.

Just ordered a set of Bronze ZR10's 19x8.5 from Work in Japan, best part is they will make custom sets for no extra cost, except a little bit of a wait time. They're making me the 5x114.3 with M14 stud holes, although with a 2 to 3 month wait.

Bronze on Blue Model 3 is going to look epic.

View attachment 519410

This will look epic! Can't wait to see your pics with these.

Reactions: rohan_aus

Attachments

• SSR GTX01 Model 3.jpg
    SSR GTX01 Model 3.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 322
  • Model 3 SSR GTX01 sunol-2.jpg
    Model 3 SSR GTX01 sunol-2.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 394
  • SSR GTX01 Model 3-2.jpg
    SSR GTX01 Model 3-2.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 284
  • SSR GTX01 Model 3-7.jpg
    SSR GTX01 Model 3-7.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 287
I have a P3D+ with stock suspension and I'm trying to find the best setup given some competing factors...advice welcome!

- I love the satin black 20" BBS CI-Rs; for whatever reason TireRack only shows the 20x8.5 et40 as fitting the P3D+, but I know others have run 20x9.5 et40 in front and 20x10.5 et39 rear (see this KW3 car setup) and they're listed as compatible in the BBS application guide.
- Since I only have 6k miles on my stock 235/35/R20s MP4S tires I'd prefer to find a way to keep the tires even if I eventually have to go to 245s or 265s for the 20x9.5 setup. Seems possible to run 235s on a 20x9.5 square setup even if it's not...uh, ideal.
- I'm not going to track the car and don't want to kill the range with a really aggressive stance/staggered tires, nor do I want to shell out for a full coilover set to get the lowered look. But I also don't want a *less* aggressive stance than the stock P3D+, so thinking I would pair the new wheels with some lowering springs (such as Eibach or Tsportline) and spacers if necessary.

So basically I keep coming back to 2 options (assume both would involve lowering springs):
- Go with the 20x8.5 et40 square setup to match the stock tires and either deal with the less-than-ideal look of 5mm less offset or pair it with 5mm spacers.
- Go with 20x9.5 square, make the 235s work initially, avoid needing spacers, and move over to 265s on my next set of tires.

Thoughts welcome!

KW_Blog_KW_V3_Tesla_Model_3_002.jpg

Reactions: follow.johnny
View attachment 537134 View attachment 537135

Wanted to share a few shots of the ride. Named it Scout for the white speeder bikes in the Mandolorian. Processing another set from another location. I’ll post later.
Scout looks sweet with those size tires and wheels!! Is Scout lowered? I am thinking about putting my Vossen HF1’s 19” on with my 245/40/19 up front and my 275/35/19 on the rear but not sure if it will rub since I am lowered on Tsportlines. I have the performance with the 20’ tires and wheels now but think the Vossen’s would look good, just not sure if it will work. Thoughts? I had the Vossens and tires on my Genesis G70 but removed them when I traded in for the Tesla.

Scout looks sweet with those size tires and wheels!! Is Scout lowered? I am thinking about putting my Vossen HF1’s 19” on with my 245/40/19 up front and my 275/35/19 on the rear but not sure if it will rub since I am lowered on Tsportlines. I have the performance with the 20’ tires and wheels now but think the Vossen’s would look good, just not sure if it will work. Thoughts? I had the Vossens and tires on my Genesis G70 but removed them when I traded in for the Tesla.

I’m on UP moderate 1.5” drop. Wheels are 20” 285/30 and 245/35 and clears easily. No rub at all. A few others on here have the same set up with no issues.

I have a P3D+ with stock suspension and I'm trying to find the best setup given some competing factors...advice welcome!

- I love the satin black 20" BBS CI-Rs; for whatever reason TireRack only shows the 20x8.5 et40 as fitting the P3D+, but I know others have run 20x9.5 et40 in front and 20x10.5 et39 rear (see this KW3 car setup) and they're listed as compatible in the BBS application guide.
- Since I only have 6k miles on my stock 235/35/R20s MP4S tires I'd prefer to find a way to keep the tires even if I eventually have to go to 245s or 265s for the 20x9.5 setup. Seems possible to run 235s on a 20x9.5 square setup even if it's not...uh, ideal.
- I'm not going to track the car and don't want to kill the range with a really aggressive stance/staggered tires, nor do I want to shell out for a full coilover set to get the lowered look. But I also don't want a *less* aggressive stance than the stock P3D+, so thinking I would pair the new wheels with some lowering springs (such as Eibach or Tsportline) and spacers if necessary.

So basically I keep coming back to 2 options (assume both would involve lowering springs):
- Go with the 20x8.5 et40 square setup to match the stock tires and either deal with the less-than-ideal look of 5mm less offset or pair it with 5mm spacers.
- Go with 20x9.5 square, make the 235s work initially, avoid needing spacers, and move over to 265s on my next set of tires.

Thoughts welcome!

KW_Blog_KW_V3_Tesla_Model_3_002.jpg
Not sure what you may have settled with...
Yes to Eibach springs for a nicer look and drive.
Stock wheels are 20x8.5 et.35; if you don't want to look less aggressive, you'll aim for a wheel with that size and offset, or use a 5mm spacer to enhance the look, or find wheels with an et. between 30-35 to avoid using a spacer. Greater offset, open wheel face design, and wider tires will all have negative impacts on efficiency.

20x8.5 et40 seems like the wheel will have minimal concavity; subjectively I don't like that, and you'll be forced to use a spacer.