Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many companies are left that do their own manufacturing, and are actually certified by VIA and/or TÜV?

As far as I know it is BBS (currently in German version of Chapter 11 bankruptcy), RAYS and all/most of their sub-brands, Enkei? OZ?

How many of them have Tesla specific fitting?

Any of them are manufactured in Japan or atleast Taiwan?

I like the idea of a transparent established company with history, address, and production in more reputable places, as opposed to overnight businesses using subcontracted manufacturing with just an email presence and not more details

Reactions: Atraf
M3 LR DM: I have stock 18's and considering upgrading to Martian MW03 19's for both looks and lighter weight. Anyone familiar with this brand? Manufacturer claims they're fitted for Tesla M3 specifically, so shouldn't need spacers, different bolts/nuts/etc, or cause any problems in installation. Is upgrading from 18s to 19s as simple as updating the setting in the "Service" menu and having someone install the new rims?

M3 LR DM: I have stock 18's and considering upgrading to Martian MW03 19's for both looks and lighter weight. Anyone familiar with this brand? Manufacturer claims they're fitted for Tesla M3 specifically, so shouldn't need spacers, different bolts/nuts/etc, or cause any problems in installation. Is upgrading from 18s to 19s as simple as updating the setting in the "Service" menu and having someone install the new rims?
Have two sets myself, there is a thread about them Martian Wheels MW03, they had some problems fulfilling orders earlier but those seem to have now been resolved. Finish and fitment is great. Swapping tire size inscreen and using new tpms sensors if you aren't reusing old ones is about it.

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
How many companies are left that do their own manufacturing, and are actually certified by VIA and/or TÜV?

As far as I know it is BBS (currently in German version of Chapter 11 bankruptcy), RAYS and all/most of their sub-brands, Enkei? OZ?

How many of them have Tesla specific fitting? None in our research.

Any of them are manufactured in Japan or at least Taiwan? Manufacturing in Japan is inefficient and costly, and quite honestly passé. The allure of a wheel being manufactured in Japan isn't what it used to be in our opinion. Good quality factories in Taiwan & China can make a wheel just as good or better. Costs are too high in Japan, yet companies like RAYS, Work, etc. do produce certain wheels in Japan, certain wheels in Taiwan and certain wheels in China.

I like the idea of a transparent established company with history, address, and production in more reputable places, as opposed to overnight businesses using subcontracted manufacturing with just an email presence and not more details

1. At least 2-3 handfuls of factories, most of which are in CHINA, Taiwan & Europe. You have understand most factories are interested in manufacturing wheels, not branding their own in house brands. UNIWHEEL AG was bought by an American OE Manufacturer, Superior (who owns NO PLANTS in the US :p)....which is why you see the back of a Tesla wheel stamped MADE IN MEXICO or MADE IN CHINA. UNIWHEEL does own questionably failing aftermarket brands ( ATS, RIAL, ALUTEC®, and ANZIO). Even if a factory is certified by TüV or VIA, they or their customer still needs to pass testing on each wheel application to get a certificate. We are going through this right now for newer flow forged designs to obtain TüV certificates for each application.

2. Not much to comment about these legacy wheel companies (BBS, Rays, Enkei). They all have their modern day struggles. A good question they need to all address: Do you want to be a wheel brand or a wheel manufacturer? We would think the latter for most factories that are left in the world.

3. How many of them have Tesla specific fitting? None Tesla specific in our research.

4. Any of them are manufactured in Japan or at least Taiwan? Manufacturing in Japan is inefficient and costly, and quite honestly passé. That's like trying to open a wheel factory in California. The allure of a wheel being manufactured in Japan isn't what it used to be in our opinion. Good quality factories in Taiwan & China can make a wheel just as good or better than Japan. Costs are too high in Japan, yet companies like RAYS, Work, etc. do still produce certain wheels in Japan, certain wheels in Taiwan and certain wheels in China.

Last edited:
Reactions: pdx_m3s
I quite fancy these Speedline SL6 Vettore.
https://www.ronal-wheels.com/int/configurator#168955976!4F80245

wheel_garage_key_speedline_sl6_3x_zs_4.jpg

Speedline is a brand of Ronal. Which makes a ton of OEM wheels. One of their subsidiaries is producing wheels for Gordon Murray's new 3 million dollar ultracar.

This model is flow-formed. Has both TUV and ABE certificates. Drilled 5x114.3. Offset 35 (and others available). Bore of 82 so some adapter might be required. Size 20" and 19", I would be interested in the 19x8.5J to run 235/40/19.

The colors aren't the best, although the copper would look quite striking on a white car.
Other downside is limited distribution. They don't seem to have a dealer in Scandinavia, although they are sold in the US for quite cheap

How many of them have Tesla specific fitting?

Any of them are manufactured in Japan or atleast Taiwan?

All HRE wheels are manufactured by themselves in Vista, CA (San Diego) and TÜV certified. Vossen manufactures forged wheels in-house in Miami, FL and are TÜV verified. Most of the "Tesla specific" wheels are outsourced to white label wheel manufacturers. There is nothing about a Tesla that requires special wheels outside of the normal specs.

• Informative
Reactions: Atraf
My 6th Tesla pimped out by @Tsportline *
3/2009: TeslaSterone (Roadster)
9/2009: TeslaSterone v2.0 (Roadster Sport)
2012: A Tesla The Hun (Model SP)
2015: BreastCar (Model SP)
2016: T-Rex (Model XL)
& introducing...
2020: Seat Filler for Tesla Swift (Model 3P)
w/ @Tsportline Falcon Flow Forged Wheels
View attachment 562794

Saw this at their Balboa shop a few weeks ago. The amount of sparkles when sunlight hits is astounding. Super sweet spec

Finally put together after nearly a year of chasing my own tail... couple of quick photos.

P3D-
Forgestar CF10
Gloss Gunmetal
19 x 9.5 ET35 square
265/35 Michelin PS4S

Lowered on MPP Sports coilovers at recommended initial settings (Sports AWD at the bottom here).

Gx67SiG.jpg

UTYhx5Q.jpg

this looks great. I have been on the fence whether to chrome delete or not on the dark grey, but I think this just convinced me

This looks great. How flush are your wheels with the front/rear fenders with this setup?
I would've replied earlier and may follow-up with another - I was gonna make a video showing you, but I'm having a hell of a time finding someone to do a goddamn alignment. I'm getting increasingly frustrated and may just end up doing it myself.

Basically - rear end (IMO) is about as flush as you could want it to be. The front "pokes" out a little bit more than the rear, and some people rectify this by going lower-offset in the back, but even though I'm insanely anal, it doesn't bother me one bit and only insane people like us would 1) notice or 2) care. So I think it looks fantastic. I especially didn't want to change the factory track front-to-rear, even though it'd be minor.

Prior to installing my MPP coilovers this past weekend, I was on the stock P3D- suspension and had already mounted these wheels. There was a *tiny* bit of poke in the front (mostly tire - wheel seemed flush), but once I lowered the car, the minor gain in negative camber tucked in the top to where it's basically maxed out as far as "h3lla flush" goes.

this looks great. I have been on the fence whether to chrome delete or not on the dark grey, but I think this just convinced me
Thanks for the compliments! Personally I think it's obligatory on gray... too "posh" for my taste, without it. There's a reason ///M cars came with blacked-out trim back in the day. ;-) One more pic - chrome delete is satin black & looks pretty interesting in some light:

WjrkSu6.jpg