Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
KW V3 installed.

IMG_20210113_212609_869.jpg
IMG_20210113_212723_963.jpg
IMG_20210113_212634_781.jpg
received_729430664673058.jpeg
received_990761754789044.jpeg
received_239542501076831.jpeg

IMG_20210113_212738_237.jpg

Hey all, I'm new here... Just got my M3 to be delivered next week sometime. What is the consensus on 18" wheels with a staggered setup? What is the best size/offset for that? I've been doing some research and found some good info but I'd really like to hear opinions on here. I'd love to go with a 19" wheel setup but the roads in Waco Texas are trash and I still care about ride comfort. Thanks!

Hey fellas. Im new here and probably resurrecting an old thread. I have a 18 lr rwd with the oem Michelin’s on with shy of 30k miles. I am looking for new tires but torn between two choices. I’m from LA and American tire depot has a buy 3 get one tire sale. Sadly Michelin isn’t Included so I’m stuck between the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS or Continental extreme contact dws. Inputs and other recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

I’m looking for better performance compared to stock while also trying to get the most tread life out of my new tires

Hey fellas. Im new here and probably resurrecting an old thread. I have a 18 lr rwd with the oem Michelin’s on with shy of 30k miles. I am looking for new tires but torn between two choices. I’m from LA and American tire depot has a buy 3 get one tire sale. Sadly Michelin isn’t Included so I’m stuck between the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS or Continental extreme contact dws. Inputs and other recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

I’m looking for better performance compared to stock while also trying to get the most tread life out of my new tires
The DWS06 should be lower priced and longer tread life compared to the RE980AS. They will probably both lose some range compared to OEM Michelins but have more grip.

The DWS06 should be lower priced and longer tread life compared to the RE980AS. They will probably both lose some range compared to OEM Michelins but have more grip.

Ive seen videos where it says the bridgestone performs better on dry pavement, which I care for more since I am located in california. Any input on this? Also the treadlife on the two are fairly matched so I am just curious which would be the better tire all around. I can get the continentals for 730.00 installed and the Bridgestones for 747.00 installed so the price difference doesn't bother me.

I think the DWS06 come with a 50k tread wearout warranty IIRC.
Wearout warranty isn't amazing, but this is a UHP A/S tire so if you get a 20% discount on new tires because they wore out at 40k then I'd count that as a plus.
Conti had a better MPG rating in the tests I read, so that's a factor as well.

I don't have access to Consumer Reports, but according to this article there's several good UHP A/S alternatives:
Consumer Reports Ranks the Best UHP All-Season Tires

Copying my response to your post in the other thread here, since this thread seems to be more active....

I've been running DWS06 for the last 8k miles. They are noticeably noisier than the OEM MXM4s at all speeds (low to mid freq. rumble) and the ride is a bit less smooth. Steering response is much better and even observable in a slow lane change. Energy consumption has been about 5% worse.

Check the Tire rack reviews for the Potenza. I remember they did poorly for fuel economy.

Hey all, I'm new here... Just got my M3 to be delivered next week sometime. What is the consensus on 18" wheels with a staggered setup? What is the best size/offset for that? I've been doing some research and found some good info but I'd really like to hear opinions on here. I'd love to go with a 19" wheel setup but the roads in Waco Texas are trash and I still care about ride comfort. Thanks!
I'm not very good in wheel setup stuff but what i did was read this whole thread. found some super good pictures of setups i like. usually someone asks the original owner specs and you can follow them. everyone's style is different. i.e I'm not a TE37 person but ALOT of people love em.

Reactions: cylonmode
Got my new wheels put on along with 275/30/20 in the rear, kept my 235/35/20’s up front. Shows the calipers a lot more..View attachment 583774

These look incredible! I'm looking for something just like them. I see they are American Racing 924s. When I look at these on pretty much every website, they all say they wont fit the Model 3 even though the bolt pattern is the same. Can you tell me if you had to do anything special? I'm thinking its just because they are 20" and stock is 18" or 19". Thanks!

These look incredible! I'm looking for something just like them. I see they are American Racing 924s. When I look at these on pretty much every website, they all say they wont fit the Model 3 even though the bolt pattern is the same. Can you tell me if you had to do anything special? I'm thinking its just because they are 20" and stock is 18" or 19". Thanks!

Might be because of the stud holes. Might have to redrill them to 15 to fit our M14 studs. A lot of wheels are drilled to 13mm to fit M12 studs.