Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s your wh/mi?

im at almost exactly 300 (over ~700miles including a road trip where I was going 75-80 for most of the way), which is the same as the 300 I was on the Ubers with the PZEROs (700miles, several 1hr trips going similar speeds). So no change in range for me at all. The wider contact patch of the 245s with Michelin’s (which Michelin 235s are ~0.75” wider than the PZEROs even of the same size) likely negated any range benefit from going lighter and to all seasons.

Basically, at least on 70mph+ speeds, I’m seeing identical whr/mile. On the city, I’m improved a touch (comparatively), probably it’s less energy to spin the lighter wheels, but it’s not that much different. This is at 40psi (sidewall saving over the slight range bump of running what to me is crazy high pressure that is recommended).

what’s your take?

What’s your wh/mi?

im at almost exactly 300 (over ~700miles including a road trip where I was going 75-80 for most of the way), which is the same as the 300 I was on the Ubers with the PZEROs (700miles, several 1hr trips going similar speeds). So no change in range for me at all. The wider contact patch of the 245s with Michelin’s (which Michelin 235s are ~0.75” wider than the PZEROs even of the same size) likely negated any range benefit from going lighter and to all seasons.

Basically, at least on 70mph+ speeds, I’m seeing identical whr/mile. On the city, I’m improved a touch (comparatively), probably it’s less energy to spin the lighter wheels, but it’s not that much different. This is at 40psi (sidewall saving over the slight range bump of running what to me is crazy high pressure that is recommended).

what’s your take?
I have about 6000 miles already (drove cross country for about 2500 miles at 80-85 mph averages) and my lifetime average is 325. Most city trips, I see around 300 or so

Hmm. Yeah. That’s a bit worse than me an I’ve taken some trips too. I for sure get better than 300 in the city (when I’m not driving it hard, which admittedly that pedal is addicting), but completely varied on driving habits.

I reset my trip OD and found it to be 320-330 when going 80-85 stents. So that’s probably where the majority of your high whr/mile reading is coming from, but it still simply seems like your getting worse efficiency than I am. Was it the same with the stock setup?

Hmm. Yeah. That’s a bit worse than me an I’ve taken some trips too. I for sure get better than 300 in the city (when I’m not driving it hard, which admittedly that pedal is addicting), but completely varied on driving habits.

I reset my trip OD and found it to be 320-330 when going 80-85 stents. So that’s probably where the majority of your high whr/mile reading is coming from, but it still simply seems like your getting worse efficiency than I am. Was it the same with the stock setup?
Not sure, I switched off of my stock wheels very quickly

I think the stockers sat in a touch more. Not much. But the (ugly imo) sloped/stretched sidewalls made them sit in more. They also had zero contact patch. I’ve never seen a 7.6” patch on a performance car. Crazy.
For me, I’d love more range, but 300 what hours is acceptable and I drive it hard. If I want to get more range I’ll slow down and be soft with it. But I have a level 2 charger at home so whatever to be honest. It’s way cheaper than the 13.7mpg of premium I was getting.

On trips I’ll just stop to supercharge. I personally prefer breaking up highway drives.

It’s interesting to see people getting 300Wh/mi, I would be very pleased with such low numbers in daily driving.
But, I suppose that’s what I get for running R comps (R1R @ 28psi cold) on the street and not being tired of neck snapping acceleration. 429Wh/mi is the norm here. Lowest I’ve gotten on the R1R is 296Wh/mi, tires inflated to the ~40psi cold range and cruise control at the flow of traffic on a 500mi+ trip.

To stay on topic of wheels is anyone running a 18x9.5 +22? If so, what size tire are you running? How much front camber?
Can I get a front picture looking down on the front fender to see how close you are?

New Shoe Laces​

1619067166931-jpeg.655906
1619067184984-jpeg.655907

Danny

Last edited:
As they say on the radio, long time listener first time caller. Getting my 2021 M3P this June and wanting to set it up with a good cost-effective, Goldilocks balance between performance/comfort/wheel protection/appearance/range. From what I’ve read so far that looks like selling the stock 20” Ubers and running squared 265/35/19 PS4S on 19x9.5 fully-forged wheels, and lowering about 1” on MPP Non-adjustable Comfort Coilovers.

Don’t want to do 18’s. Live north of Atlanta. If I track the car it will be rarely and mostly to stretch the legs legally rather than shave seconds off of my lap times. Couple of mostly subjective questions:
  1. Does the above tire/wheel combo have significantly better handling for spirited driving than 245/40/19’s on 19x9?
  2. Color is deep blue metallic with the black trim. Would a dark grey/gunmetal color wheel look better than an aluminum one?
  3. Would like to get set of lightweight fully-forged wheels for under $4k if possible. Is that realistic and if so what brands to consider at that price point?
  4. Want squared setup and similar-concavity (if concave) wheels for easy rotation. Never had aftermarket rims. Do equally concave 19x19.5 or 19x9 wheels on all four corners look good or ratchet?

TIA for your feedback. This forum is a wealth of information. Coming from a 185-hp 4-dr Honda Accord so this is a new and exciting game for me.

As they say on the radio, long time listener first time caller. Getting my 2021 M3P this June and wanting to set it up with a good cost-effective, Goldilocks balance between performance/comfort/wheel protection/appearance/range. From what I’ve read so far that looks like selling the stock 20” Ubers and running squared 265/35/19 PS4S on 19x9.5 fully-forged wheels, and lowering about 1” on MPP Non-adjustable Comfort Coilovers.

Don’t want to do 18’s. Live north of Atlanta. If I track the car it will be rarely and mostly to stretch the legs legally rather than shave seconds off of my lap times. Couple of mostly subjective questions:
  1. Does the above tire/wheel combo have significantly better handling for spirited driving than 245/40/19’s on 19x9?
  2. Color is deep blue metallic with the black trim. Would a dark grey/gunmetal color wheel look better than an aluminum one?
  3. Would like to get set of lightweight fully-forged wheels for under $4k if possible. Is that realistic and if so what brands to consider at that price point?
  4. Want squared setup and similar-concavity (if concave) wheels for easy rotation. Never had aftermarket rims. Do equally concave 19x19.5 or 19x9 wheels on all four corners look good or ratchet?

TIA for your feedback. This forum is a wealth of information. Coming from a 185-hp 4-dr Honda Accord so this is a new and exciting game for me.

@MODEL+ your ideal customer is here. Plenty of money and will let you set his car up 😉
Thank you for contacting TMC's aftermarket hotline, you are now on line uno.
hahah thanks for the tag @JDMerica in all seriousness.

I am quite impressed that you've already come to the conclusion of 19x9.5 on 265/35 PS4S. That is indeed the "goldilocks balance", I say slightly leaning towards the performance side, which is what you want.

May I present to you Titan 7 T-S5?
ts5-side-satin_76d9983e-b33d-4143-bdb1-4dc013dfd5f0_1024x1024@2x.jpg

or
Titan 7 T-CS5

ATK_0492.jpg

Both are available in the spec you requested 19x9.5 +35.
Fully forged and 22lbs per corner, direct plug and play.
T7 has been killing it lately.

This set up should put you right around $4k WITH tires.
More sizes and color options are available.

Danny

• Helpful
Reactions: play150
I really would have considered this if I havent ordered my wheels. Whats the price range and offsets?
Retail is $5700 for a square set. But if you're really looking for wheels in this price range, we can talk some numbers and work something out ;)

20x9 +40 conservative spec
20x9 +28 aggressive spec

Can stagger with rear:
20x10 +38 conservative spec
20x10.5 +35 aggressive spec

Somebody do it before I do please... I can't keep getting high off of my own supply lol
I had a set on my old MK7 GTI and I miss these classic beauties!

mk7gti.jpg

Danny

Reactions: Lindenwood and pg62

Does a 35 aspect ratio on 19" rims mean that the final wheel + tire diameter is less than stock? :eek:

A
Thank you for contacting TMC's aftermarket hotline, you are now on line uno.
hahah thanks for the tag @JDMerica in all seriousness.

I am quite impressed that you've already come to the conclusion of 19x9.5 on 265/35 PS4S. That is indeed the "goldilocks balance", I say slightly leaning towards the performance side, which is what you want.

May I present to you Titan 7 T-S5?
ts5-side-satin_76d9983e-b33d-4143-bdb1-4dc013dfd5f0_1024x1024@2x.jpg

or
Titan 7 T-CS5

View attachment 656192
Both are available in the spec you requested 19x9.5 +35.
Fully forged and 22lbs per corner, direct plug and play.
T7 has been killing it lately.

This set up should put you right around $4k WITH tires.
More sizes and color options are available.

Danny
thank you for the quick reply. Any pictures of various colors of these wheels on a blue model 3?

A

thank you for the quick reply. Any pictures of various colors of these wheels on a blue model 3?
(moderator note: Welcome to TMC. I left this here to give you a chance to make a connection with one of our supporting vendors (like @MODEL+ , among others). Since this is basically an aftermarket wheel question, the posts will be moved into the aftermarket wheels master thread.

Reactions: MODEL+