Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A

thank you for the quick reply. Any pictures of various colors of these wheels on a blue model 3?
So far just the blue on Techna Bronze. That finish is only available in 19x9 +35.
I think Machine Black would look good on a Blue 2021 M3P to accent with the matte black window trims. I wish I was better at photoshopping...

:eek: same sidewall as 235 40 19!
haha math is cool sometimes right?

Danny

• Funny
Reactions: play150
As they say on the radio, long time listener first time caller. Getting my 2021 M3P this June and wanting to set it up with a good cost-effective, Goldilocks balance between performance/comfort/wheel protection/appearance/range. From what I’ve read so far that looks like selling the stock 20” Ubers and running squared 265/35/19 PS4S on 19x9.5 fully-forged wheels, and lowering about 1” on MPP Non-adjustable Comfort Coilovers.

Don’t want to do 18’s. Live north of Atlanta. If I track the car it will be rarely and mostly to stretch the legs legally rather than shave seconds off of my lap times. Couple of mostly subjective questions:
  1. Does the above tire/wheel combo have significantly better handling for spirited driving than 245/40/19’s on 19x9?
  2. Color is deep blue metallic with the black trim. Would a dark grey/gunmetal color wheel look better than an aluminum one?
  3. Would like to get set of lightweight fully-forged wheels for under $4k if possible. Is that realistic and if so what brands to consider at that price point?
  4. Want squared setup and similar-concavity (if concave) wheels for easy rotation. Never had aftermarket rims. Do equally concave 19x19.5 or 19x9 wheels on all four corners look good or ratchet?

TIA for your feedback. This forum is a wealth of information. Coming from a 185-hp 4-dr Honda Accord so this is a new and exciting game for me.
I have had many sets of wheels on my Tesla so far and the 9” width is the sweet spot WITH the correct offset and a 245 tire. This combo ticks a lot of boxes and feels the best. My personal suggestion if that’s your budget is hitting up Jamie @SignatureSales. Have you seen his model 3 thread? Lots of wheel designs, fully forged, and a handful weighing 1lb per inch diameter
2AD4F5D7-3787-4619-BA6D-85937EF09D12.jpeg

Hey everyone! I have a white M3P on order and am looking to replace the Uberturbine wheels. Ideally, I'm spending around $3k for wheels, tires and TPMS on a summer daily setup.

I really like the look of the Vorsteiner V-FF 107 in carbon graphite on white with chrome delete. My option here would be a 20x9" +38 square set up with 235/35, 245/35, or 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, but would be about $1k more than budget. Having not driven on 20" rims before, I'm a little concerned about whether those tire options are sufficient to protect against any unavoidable pothole damage. I'm pretty good about avoiding road defects, but that doesn't mean there won't be unavoidable issues in the future. Those who drive in areas with decently maintained roads, any concerns with a setup like this? Also, any concerns with fitment on 255/35 with +38 offset?

An option within budget would be the VMR V802 in anthracite. I'd get the choice between 19x8.5" +35 and 19x9.5" +35 square set up with 235/40 or 245/40 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I'm currently running the 19" sport rims on my LR RWD and haven't had any issues with rim or tire damage. I hesitate on the V802 as I've seen a few reports of VMR wheel finish issues on BMW and Audi forums. The reports aren't necessarily associated with this particular model, and some were from 10+ years ago, so perhaps quality has improved. Can anyone provide commentary on the quality of recent VMR purchases after several months or more of use?

Appreciate any helpful guidance you can provide!

Reactions: MODEL+
Hey everyone! I have a white M3P on order and am looking to replace the Uberturbine wheels. Ideally, I'm spending around $3k for wheels, tires and TPMS on a summer daily setup.

I really like the look of the Vorsteiner V-FF 107 in carbon graphite on white with chrome delete. My option here would be a 20x9" +38 square set up with 235/35, 245/35, or 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, but would be about $1k more than budget. Having not driven on 20" rims before, I'm a little concerned about whether those tire options are sufficient to protect against any unavoidable pothole damage. I'm pretty good about avoiding road defects, but that doesn't mean there won't be unavoidable issues in the future. Those who drive in areas with decently maintained roads, any concerns with a setup like this? Also, any concerns with fitment on 255/35 with +38 offset?

An option within budget would be the VMR V802 in anthracite. I'd get the choice between 19x8.5" +35 and 19x9.5" +35 square set up with 235/40 or 245/40 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I'm currently running the 19" sport rims on my LR RWD and haven't had any issues with rim or tire damage. I hesitate on the V802 as I've seen a few reports of VMR wheel finish issues on BMW and Audi forums. The reports aren't necessarily associated with this particular model, and some were from 10+ years ago, so perhaps quality has improved. Can anyone provide commentary on the quality of recent VMR purchases after several months or more of use?

Appreciate any helpful guidance you can provide!
The TPMS is more of a pain in the 21s. You need special bluetooth ones from Tesla. I just live with the light cause I really don't want to pay them that much money and bother with it.

Gorgeous! I’ve been thinking about getting the Forgestar CF5V 19x9 as well, but I wanted to see what they looked like on a red Model 3! What size tires did you go with?

Thanks, Looked at so many options for getting a 19x9 for SCCA SS short term and winter tires long term when I go bigger.

I have 265/30/19 on these wheels. Those should fit without too much problem on stock bits but I'll know for sure this weekend :D

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
I have had many sets of wheels on my Tesla so far and the 9” width is the sweet spot WITH the correct offset and a 245 tire. This combo ticks a lot of boxes and feels the best. My personal suggestion if that’s your budget is hitting up Jamie @SignatureSales. Have you seen his model 3 thread? Lots of wheel designs, fully forged, and a handful weighing 1lb per inch diameter
View attachment 656238

What are your pros/cons of running 245/40 vs 265/35?

Reactions: play150
Anyone have a staggered range set up? I'm contemplating going with 19x9 235/40 front and 19x9.5 245/40 rear. I'm curious if there's anyone that's gone this route yet and what their thoughts are.

I already have 19x9 square on 235/40, so i'm aware of the mild stretch to expect with the tires. I'm also aware of the lack of ability to rotate tires regularly by going with a staggered setup, and that 245/40 in the rear will close the wheel arch gap and raise the car by about .16 inches.

• Funny