Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can any wheel aficionados out there identify this wheel and tire setup? I have seen many brands offering a similar looking wheel but am curious if anyone knows the exact model and brand of this one.

Attachments

• tqsoM6e.jpg
    tqsoM6e.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 303
I really like the original 18" oem without aero caps

has anyone ever had them painted bright silver?

I keep going back and forth about chrome delete + grey wheels or keep the chrome and have silver 18s. I think the silver trim makes the MCR sharp.
Agree, but I think the new Aero wheels are just a touch more refined. The spokes look sharper and more sculpted compared to the original Aero wheel. I plan to pick up a used set and powdercoat or paint them silver (I have a black Model 3, silver/chrome trim).

Anyone have a staggered range set up? I'm contemplating going with 19x9 235/40 front and 19x9.5 245/40 rear. I'm curious if there's anyone that's gone this route yet and what their thoughts are.

I already have 19x9 square on 235/40, so i'm aware of the mild stretch to expect with the tires. I'm also aware of the lack of ability to rotate tires regularly by going with a staggered setup, and that 245/40 in the rear will close the wheel arch gap and raise the car by about .16 inches.
That setup is barely staggered. I think you should go with a bigger size / difference in the rear.

Need to replace my 18" MXM4 Primacies in the next month. I'd hoped the Michelin Pilot Sport EVs would be out in time but that seems to be a nogo.

I've had Conti DWS 06 on a previous MB for years and liked them. Noticed that they are now offering an upgraded DWS 06 Plus. Has anyone tried the DWS 06 Plus yet? Curious how much of a range hit I'd take with them. And hopefully they'd be quieter than my worn out MXM4s...

Need to replace my 18" MXM4 Primacies in the next month. I'd hoped the Michelin Pilot Sport EVs would be out in time but that seems to be a nogo.

I've had Conti DWS 06 on a previous MB for years and liked them. Noticed that they are now offering an upgraded DWS 06 Plus. Has anyone tried the DWS 06 Plus yet? Curious how much of a range hit I'd take with them. And hopefully they'd be quieter than my worn out MXM4s...
I use the DWS06 in a staggered configuration and it's fine. Nothing noticeable or noisier tire/road sounds. The plus is very new so you won't find much feedback right now.

Reactions: wws
We're on the constant hunt for that new new for you guys ;)
I'll let the picture do the talking on these... 🛸🛸🛸
View attachment 659856

The aeros centers are removable as well...
View attachment 659857

Taking pre-orders for our next shipment now.

Please message for details.

Danny
It's too bad they are only available in 20". Only looking for 19s.

I can’t speak for the plus, but I’ve been using the original version for the last 9000 miles. The tire is noticeably louder at all speeds and has a low frequency rumble. The noise level is the main thing I don’t like about the tire. Energy consumption has gone up about 5% and the handling is amazing compared to the MXM4s and is even noticeable in daily around town driving.

• Informative
Reactions: wws