Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my TE37SL black edition III installed last week. The fronts were basically a 6 month wait. 19x9.5 front, 19x10.5 rear with 265/285 tires. I love the lip on these. The rears have a bit of concavity too.
IMG_20210523_223639_780.jpg

2020 Model 3 Performance.

I really like the look of Zero-G wheels, but don’t love the $5500 price from Tesla, and I understand that they are relatively heavy. Also seem difficult to find used, though I may keep looking.

Tsportline has the TS5 wheels which look pretty similar, and are pretty inexpensive. I was thinking about getting the 20” wheels, but am wondering if I may be better off with the 19” version.

I doubt I’ll be doing any track events, maybe an autocross every once in a blue moon. So the car is pretty much street driven only, in OC (SoCal), so the roads are decent and I don’t really worry too much about damaging the wheels. Of course, it is still a possibility.

The 19” wheels would provide a little bit more protection against potholes, etc. More tire should make for a more comfortable ride (my wife has complained that the ride is a bit harsh for a sedan). The weight is a little less (25 lbs vs 26.3 for the 20”, vs 28.75 for the stock M3P wheels).

Not sure how much of a performance difference there would be with the wider sidewalls, but in reality, does it really matter if it’s a street driven car?

Any reason to go for the 20” over 19” for a street car?

Any reason to keep looking for a used set of genuine Zero-G wheels or to spend the money to get them new from Tesla?
The Tesla wheels are too expensive and heavy. I just got some Forgestar CF5V wheels from Model+. I'll let you know if the quality is good or not when they come in.

Reactions: MODEL+
The Tesla wheels are too expensive and heavy. I just got some Forgestar CF5V wheels from Model+. I'll let you know if the quality is good or not when they come in.

Mine are fantastic.... very happy with them. Also from @MODEL+ ! Danny is great. Funny. You went black car grey wheels... I went grey car black wheels.

100% recommend both forgestar and Danny.
2A7DF4DB-B850-4621-86D9-C6822288CC79.jpeg

DFBCFEEE-5941-4B86-9DCF-C015A33A8C52.jpeg

Thanks! Just ordered a set in Satin black in 19” with the Hankook Ventus (I’ve had great experience with those tires on my 911) for my 3P. Looking forward to installing them on the car.

I really like the look of the zero-G wheels, so I think this was a good option for me.

2020 Model 3 Performance.

I really like the look of Zero-G wheels, but don’t love the $5500 price from Tesla, and I understand that they are relatively heavy. Also seem difficult to find used, though I may keep looking.

Tsportline has the TS5 wheels which look pretty similar, and are pretty inexpensive. I was thinking about getting the 20” wheels, but am wondering if I may be better off with the 19” version.

I doubt I’ll be doing any track events, maybe an autocross every once in a blue moon. So the car is pretty much street driven only, in OC (SoCal), so the roads are decent and I don’t really worry too much about damaging the wheels. Of course, it is still a possibility.

The 19” wheels would provide a little bit more protection against potholes, etc. More tire should make for a more comfortable ride (my wife has complained that the ride is a bit harsh for a sedan). The weight is a little less (25 lbs vs 26.3 for the 20”, vs 28.75 for the stock M3P wheels).

Not sure how much of a performance difference there would be with the wider sidewalls, but in reality, does it really matter if it’s a street driven car?

Any reason to go for the 20” over 19” for a street car?

Any reason to keep looking for a used set of genuine Zero-G wheels or to spend the money to get them new from Tesla?
For $5500, we can do some QUALITY stuff in the aftermarket ;)

Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Danny

I know a lot of you are about fed up with trying to source these Bluetooth TPMS from Tesla Service Center.
We now carry them and are on hand and ready to ship!

Danny

Thanks! Just ordered a set in Satin black in 19” with the Hankook Ventus (I’ve had great experience with those tires on my 911) for my 3P. Looking forward to installing them on the car.

I really like the look of the zero-G wheels, so I think this was a good option for me.

Well, that was fast! Ordered yesterday morning, got them early this afternoon. I had ordered a set of center caps/lug covers from Amazon, and luckily those got here today too.

At first, TPMS wasn’t registering, even after a long drive. I searched around, and found some people suggesting that you need to ”activate” them by decreasing the tire pressure to ~30 PSI, then reinflate. So, I did that, and sure enough, within 3-4 miles, they started working.

Here are some pics. Couple things to note:
1) No T-Sportline branding. I guess all of the complaining about it made them change. Or maybe I got an old set? I was ok with the branding, but have to say, having no branding is definitely better.
2) I do think visually that 20” wheels look better, but 19” isn’t bad. I think having all black makes everything blend together, so from a distance, or in pics, the wheels blend in with the rubber so it looks like a big black patch.

D5036291-C4C0-43CA-843D-6B0324145307.jpeg
575BD5EE-1075-4069-9CA9-854AD55C1846.jpeg
126926AB-74F3-4FD0-A243-D4763A08C955.jpeg

I have had many sets of wheels on my Tesla so far and the 9” width is the sweet spot WITH the correct offset and a 245 tire. This combo ticks a lot of boxes and feels the best. My personal suggestion if that’s your budget is hitting up Jamie @SignatureSales. Have you seen his model 3 thread? Lots of wheel designs, fully forged, and a handful weighing 1lb per inch diameter
View attachment 656238

Can you provide your exact setup, wheels/tires and suspension which is clearly lowered. This looks beautiful. Def agree with you on this. Maybe a wider/staggered could be something a few might opt for, but that flush tire/wheel and ride height is perfect IMO. Thx

Hi all,

Currently looking to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels for my 2020 M3P. I am coming from the OEM 20" performance wheels.

I have narrowed my selection down to two choices, Tsportline TS5 or VMR V710FF both in 19x8.5 with 235/40 tire size.

Curious to hear others experiences with either of these wheels (or aftermarket in general), both are similarly priced the V710FFs out the door are about $400 cheaper than the Tsportlines (with tires and TMPS).

One concern I have about Tsportline is the durability, I have read that their wheels aren't as strong as other manufacturers and one of my main reasons for getting new wheels is weight and durability on rough roads.