Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that was fast! Ordered yesterday morning, got them early this afternoon. I had ordered a set of center caps/lug covers from Amazon, and luckily those got here today too.

At first, TPMS wasn’t registering, even after a long drive. I searched around, and found some people suggesting that you need to ”activate” them by decreasing the tire pressure to ~30 PSI, then reinflate. So, I did that, and sure enough, within 3-4 miles, they started working.

Here are some pics. Couple things to note:
1) No T-Sportline branding. I guess all of the complaining about it made them change. Or maybe I got an old set? I was ok with the branding, but have to say, having no branding is definitely better.
2) I do think visually that 20” wheels look better, but 19” isn’t bad. I think having all black makes everything blend together, so from a distance, or in pics, the wheels blend in with the rubber so it looks like a big black patch.

View attachment 666611View attachment 666613View attachment 666614

I am looking into purchasing the same wheel/tire combo. Curious to hear how they compare to the OEM 20" wheels in terms of ride comfort and range. And do you notice any difference between the Hankooks and the OEM PS4s? Love the way they look btw!

I am looking into purchasing the same wheel/tire combo. Curious to hear how they compare to the OEM 20" wheels in terms of ride comfort and range. And do you notice any difference between the Hankooks and the OEM PS4s? Love the way they look btw!
It’s only been 1 day since receiving them. They seem to be a little quieter than the OEM 20’s, but that may be the difference between a new set of tires and tires with ~2500 miles on them. Ride comfort, seat of the pants feeling is better, I think. My wife hasn’t ridden in it yet, but she thought the OEM ride was pretty harsh. When she does, she will tell me if it’s improved. Range is still way too early to tell. They weigh about 3lbs/wheel less than the OEM, so it’s not a huge difference. I think others have reported increased range when going from 20” to 19” wheels, but that will have to remain to be seen.

Reactions: SirLaz
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice. I've got a 3 month old M3 with the standard 18s. I'd like to upgrade to something bigger (like most ppl it seems). My thoughts are to buy some almost new Telsa rims (19 or 20s) then use my 18s as winter rims (buy some good winter tires) and use the 19s for the 10 months it doesn't snow here...

I've found a pair of Tesla T Sport 19 inch with rubber (only 5000kms). Initially I thought these were stock Tesla rims, but I've learned they are aftermarket. I think I can get the set for about $2000.

I'm just looking for advice. I like the look of them, the satin grey matches my MSM M3,but I don't know anything about T Sport wheels and am still pretty new to Telsas. The owner had them on a M3LR.

Thanks
Screenshot_20210529-234131_Chrome.jpg

These are the only TE37 SL I'm finding an it's in a 9" width, do you have a link to those 8.5" by chance? Thanks!

I am actually having a difficult time finding them...I just quoted the available widths off the Ray's website. SL's are discontinued now, so that may be a factor. However, they just announced the release of the SAGA SL's. Assuming these are similar weight/spec. @MODEL+ is a retailer and can help you find the spec for the SAGA SL's if you want to reach out to him :)

I'm in search of the lightest rims that will fit our pattern of 5x114.3. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or point in the right direction. Looking for rims under 18 lbs.

Ideally looking for 18 x 7.5" Width.
Hi @skylarracing , if you're looking for 18x7.5 specifically then I'd recommend what we call "Range+" set up by martian wheels.
The narrow rim and the low +20 offset will keep your wheels sitting flush to the fenders.
These are the only TE37 SL I'm finding an it's in a 9" width, do you have a link to those 8.5" by chance? Thanks!

I am actually having a difficult time finding them...I just quoted the available widths off the Ray's website. SL's are discontinued now, so that may be a factor. However, they just announced the release of the SAGA SL's. Assuming these are similar weight/spec. @MODEL+ is a retailer and can help you find the spec for the SAGA SL's if you want to reach out to him :)

For TE37SL, @Nichigo is correct (thanks for the tag!).
TE37SL is getting superseded by TE37 SAGA SL.

PG.jpg

The following are the specs offered (5x114.3):
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 12.07.09 PM.png

SAGA SLs are pre-drilled to accommodate M14 studs for our cars. This was previously a compatibility issue when people wanted to use Volk Racing TE37, TE37SL, CE28, ZE40, etc on Teslas.

We are still months away from TE37 SAGA SL landing stateside as this is a brand new wheel model. The only way to secure a set nowadays is to put your name down with a deposit in advance. Every retailer is experiencing trouble keeping inventory on wheels from Japan. Shipments gets accounted for before they even make it on this side of the pond.

If you have any further question or want to explore other options, feel free to message me!
I'm certain we will find something for you :)

Thanks,
Danny

Last edited:
Reactions: Nichigo
Advice, please.

I have a 2018 Model 3 Performance, with the stock 20" wheels. My current tires are Michelin Pilot AS, I believe.

I'd like to get a set of black matte rims, and the quietest possible tires. The road noise is pretty bad with my current setup.

Any suggestions on specific ties and rims? Would switching to 19" help dramatically?

Thanks for any help!

Advice, please.

I have a 2018 Model 3 Performance, with the stock 20" wheels. My current tires are Michelin Pilot AS, I believe.

I'd like to get a set of black matte rims, and the quietest possible tires. The road noise is pretty bad with my current setup.

Any suggestions on specific ties and rims? Would switching to 19" help dramatically?

Thanks for any help!
What's your budget looking like?

Can definitely help you out with wheels. Others can chime in for quietest tires suggestion.

Danny

2018 Model 3 Performance, currently with stock 20" wheels. I'm open to new wheels, if that will help anything. I live in northern VA, so below freezing temps are not uncommon in winter.

I'd like to prioritize for:

Quietness
Safety
Comfort
Noise

Quatrac Pro has my attention, but they don't come in 235/35R20, and I can't figure out if I could use 245/35R20 instead.

If changing wheels as well as tires would help, then that's an option. I like the 20" size, though.

Ideas?

You can fit 245/35/20 on your stock 20x8.5 wheel without any issue, but the new wheel will get you a better flush fitment, lighter weight, and more durable than the OEM setup.

Example of our SV104 20x9 ( 20.4lb) with 245/35/20 tire. @TwoK4drSi
View attachment 668994
Thanks! Those are very nice rims, but out of my price range. Wonder if you have or know of anything closer to $2000?

Advice, please.

Thanks for any help!
842B8D64-24C5-4DD8-BE8B-6F22AFF626F5.jpeg
74BE8941-C741-4E8C-9462-7E5DF3DDE61D.jpeg

Satin black. Under 2k. Courtesy of @MODEL+

Tires are PS AS4. Maybe a touch louder than the PZero with the acoustic foam, but they grip well for an all season.

Reactions: F123456
This is probably my favorite Konig design. 18x9.5 +35 with the concave "B face" and clears the red caliper P3D brakes from what Konig told me.

Under $1100 is a steel for something that looks this good imo. They should be around 20lbs each. I'll try to weigh one before I put tires on. You can see them on my friend's blue TM3 below. I already got some RS4's on hand 275/40/18 as well as some hubcentric 5mm spacers for additional room on my P3D to the upright. I know it's a tight fit with 275's without them.

20210602-AM98514356B-1895B-GM-2.jpg

20210403-STODD AMP-B.jpg

Attachments

• 20210602-AM98514356B-1895B-GM.jpg
    20210602-AM98514356B-1895B-GM.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
This is probably my favorite Konig design. 18x9.5 +35 with the concave "B face" and clears the red caliper P3D brakes from what Konig told me.

Under $1100 is a steel for something that looks this good imo. They should be around 20lbs each. I'll try to weigh one before I put tires on. You can see them on my friend's blue TM3 below. I already got some RS4's on hand 275/40/18 as well as some hubcentric 5mm spacers for additional room on my P3D to the upright. I know it's a tight fit with 275's without them.

View attachment 669083
View attachment 669087
They do look good — although I prefer 20s, for some reason. Thanks for the idea and pictures!