Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a very quick decision to make car drivable again... I don't know - was it really bad idea having 235/35R20 front and 255/35R20 back? In terms of safety at least...

I'm not certain if the height difference messes with anything. I'm sure @MODEL+ is better suited to answer that.
1.9% diameter difference between the front and rear should be fine. But yes, you lose the ability to rotate tires in this scenario...
Any larger diameter difference will upset the car's stability / traction control parameters. It will jerk driving around and you can not put full power down.

Danny

For the Bluetooth TPMS… does that basically prevent us from ordering tire and wheel setups already put together from places like Tire Rack? Have to order the wheels and tires separate and then buy the TPMS sensors from Tesla and then either have the SC or another shop mount and balance it all?

1.9% diameter difference between the front and rear should be fine. But yes, you lose the ability to rotate tires in this scenario...
Any larger diameter difference will upset the car's stability / traction control parameters. It will jerk driving around and you can not put full power down.

Danny

Thanks!
So I can just add 10mm front spacers and it will work? Do I need to add spacers on the back too? Sorry, I am a complete newbie on this.

Thanks!
So I can just add 10mm front spacers and it will work? Do I need to add spacers on the back too? Sorry, I am a complete newbie on this.
10mm spacer should clear the tire from your suspension arm.
You should space out the rear as well for aesthetics reasoning. Your car will look goofy driving down the road with just the front spaced out lol.

The bright side is you can continue using your current tires and your car will look better with a wider stance ;)

Danny

For the Bluetooth TPMS… does that basically prevent us from ordering tire and wheel setups already put together from places like Tire Rack? Have to order the wheels and tires separate and then buy the TPMS sensors from Tesla and then either have the SC or another shop mount and balance it all?
We have switched and recommended all our clients to use mobile tire services... they're fantastic!
A quick google search should pop up some in your area. We use these guys: GoMoTires | We come to You

Also, we sell the Bluetooth TPMS in our store. A little backed up with orders right now since everyone's swapping over to winter setups but we have increased our quantity for our next shipment of sensors.

Danny

Reactions: travass808
We have switched and recommended all our clients to use mobile tire services... they're fantastic!
A quick google search should pop up some in your area. We use these guys: GoMoTires | We come to You

Also, we sell the Bluetooth TPMS in our store. A little backed up with orders right now since everyone's swapping over to winter setups but we have increased our quantity for our next shipment of sensors.

Danny
Thanks. So you’re saying order it all separate and then these services have all the equipment to mount and balance them in their truck or something?

Well Tire Rack is shipped to you already assembled… so I’m not sure how they would put the sensors in if they don’t sell them.
This is from the Tire Rack wholesale site. Not sure if the retail site is different but they do have them. Maybe give them S219 part # they use

1636129220946.png

Reactions: Boourns
This is from the Tire Rack wholesale site. Not sure if the retail site is different but they do have them. Maybe give them S219 part # they use

View attachment 729612
Oh interesting! Thanks for the info… I will probably call to verify as I’ve had issues in the past where Tire Rack thinks they have the right ones and then they don’t work (for a different brand of car)… needless to say it’s a pain once they ship you a bunch of wheels and tires and you install them only to find out they don’t work with the TPMS.

So I guess Tesla is selling the sensors in bulk to third party retailers… for some reason I was thinking everybody said you could only get the sensors from Tesla directly.

Oh interesting! Thanks for the info… I will probably call to verify as I’ve had issues in the past where Tire Rack thinks they have the right ones and then they don’t work (for a different brand of car)… needless to say it’s a pain once they ship you a bunch of wheels and tires and you install them only to find out they don’t work with the TPMS.

So I guess Tesla is selling the sensors in bulk to third party retailers… for some reason I was thinking everybody said you could only get the sensors from Tesla directly.
There was a time Tesla was the only place you could get them, but I’ve purchased them from Tire Rack twice and no issues, my car recognized them immediately. I’m pretty sure @MODEL+ has them cheaper and they’re a site vendor too.

Reactions: MODEL+
There was a time Tesla was the only place you could get them, but I’ve purchased them from Tire Rack twice and no issues, my car recognized them immediately. I’m pretty sure @MODEL+ has them cheaper and they’re a site vendor too.
Yeah… looks like it’s costly either way. Tire Rack is $440 for them but then you don’t have to pay somebody else to mount and balance it all. I’m pretty sure you can get the sensors cheaper elsewhere though.

Picking up a new 2022 M3P later this month and looking at potentially swapping out the Uberturbines. Other than the TPMS needing to be swapped, are the 2018-2020 M3P OEM wheels a straight swap for 2021+? I've looked and not seen anything definitive.

245's should fit on the 2018-2020's right?

Appreciate the help!

First time on these forums prepping for a Black Friday. Do wheel manufacturers usually post here if they will offer any deals on Black Friday?
Forgestar is currently offering $200 OFF on ANY in-stock wheel sets. This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking for winter wheel setups as most sizing is in-stock and readily available.
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 2.07.04 PM.png

The most popular for us have been CF5V design
black-tesla-model-3-gunmetal-gray-aftermarket-lightweight-wheels-eletric-car-rims-d.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-gunmetal-gray-aftermarket-lightweight-wheels-eletric-car-rims-f.jpg

You can find more Model 3s on Forgestar Wheels here.

We are a direct Forgestar dealer - For any pricing and availability and fitment questions, feel free to message us on here or contact us.

Thanks,
Danny

Forgestar is currently offering $200 OFF on ANY in-stock wheel sets. This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking for winter wheel setups as most sizing is in-stock and readily available.
View attachment 730103

The most popular for us have been CF5V design
black-tesla-model-3-gunmetal-gray-aftermarket-lightweight-wheels-eletric-car-rims-d.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-gunmetal-gray-aftermarket-lightweight-wheels-eletric-car-rims-f.jpg

You can find more Model 3s on Forgestar Wheels here.

We are a direct Forgestar dealer - For any pricing and availability and fitment questions, feel free to message us on here or contact us.

Thanks,
Danny
Anything in bronze boss?