Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apex has a wheel coming out that looks promising. No Model 3 applications right away but the Mustang application in 18x9.5 et35 with a hub ring should work just fine. 18.2 lb of projected weight and 1600 lb of load rating.

I saw those, but I honestly don't like the design more than the EC-7 wheels. About 1 pound savings for the EC-7RS vs EC-7R.

18x9.5" EC-7RS (BMW Fitment) is 18.8 pounds. 18x9.5" EC-7R is 19.7 pounds. 1.1 pound savings isn't bad.

19" seems like a potential sweet spot though, they have them in BMW fitments, maybe they will add Tesla? 19x9.5" ET35 is 19.7 pounds.

An 18" tire is around 32 pounds, an equivalent 19" tire is around 29 pounds, according to tirerack.
Theoretical 19" weight setup: 48.7 pounds
Theoretical 18" weight setup: 50.8 pounds.

My dream wheel from them would have been an ARC-8 wheel in Tesla fitment with a nice amount of concavity, but sadly they don't want to do much with that wheel since brake fitment isn't as good. I have those wheels on my BMW E30, easily my top wheel design and a great replica.

I saw those, but I honestly don't like the design more than the EC-7 wheels. About 1 pound savings for the EC-7RS vs EC-7R.

18x9.5" EC-7RS (BMW Fitment) is 18.8 pounds. 18x9.5" EC-7R is 19.7 pounds. 1.1 pound savings isn't bad.

19" seems like a potential sweet spot though, they have them in BMW fitments, maybe they will add Tesla? 19x9.5" ET35 is 19.7 pounds.

An 18" tire is around 32 pounds, an equivalent 19" tire is around 29 pounds, according to tirerack.
Theoretical 19" weight setup: 48.7 pounds
Theoretical 18" weight setup: 50.8 pounds.

My dream wheel from them would have been an ARC-8 wheel in Tesla fitment with a nice amount of concavity, but sadly they don't want to do much with that wheel since brake fitment isn't as good. I have those wheels on my BMW E30, easily my top wheel design and a great replica.
265/40/18 MPS4S is 27 lb I believe. That is 46 lbs on the EC-7RS, not bad.

265/40/18 MPS4S is 27 lb I believe. That is 46 lbs on the EC-7RS, not bad.

Yes 27 pounds according to tirerack, lighter than the random Bridgestones I had looked at. Surprised there is such a weight difference in tires.
What's strange is 265/35/19 is identical in weight to 265/40/18 on tirerack for PS4 tires.

Bridgestones I had been looking at:

Attachments

• IMG_8477.jpg
    IMG_8477.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 181
Yes 27 pounds according to tirerack, lighter than the random Bridgestones I had looked at. Surprised there is such a weight difference in tires.
What's strange is 265/35/19 is identical in weight to 265/40/18 on tirerack for PS4 tires.

Bridgestones I had been looking at:
Dang I forgot how heavy the S-04 is. The S-04 is old though and probably way behind the latest tires in that class, I guess you're considering it because of the closeout pricing? I ran S-04 on my S P85 once, they were okay but didn't stand out, I would expect the current tires in that class from Bridgestone, Conti, Michelin, and maybe more to perform noticeably better.

The Potenza Sport is the newer replacement, Tire Rack says only 26 lbs in that 265/40R18 101Y XL size, vs 32 lbs for the old S-04.

I'm getting a set of Potenza Sport in 245/45R18 mounted on Titan7 T-S5 18x8.5 for M3P tomorrow. I'm hoping for more grip than the stock 235 Pirellis, but I know I'll probably have to go wider and/or lower treadwear for a big grip increase. I was going to try the PS4S but they were on backorder everywhere with no real ETA. (Tire Rack showed an ETA but it would change by almost 2 months depending on what page I was viewing, so I'm pretty sure it was made up too.)

Last edited:
Dang I forgot how heavy the S-04 is. The S-04 is old though and probably way behind the latest tires in that class, I guess you're considering it because of the closeout pricing? I ran S-04 on my S P85 once, they were okay but didn't stand out, I would expect the current tires in that class from Bridgestone, Conti, Michelin, and maybe more to perform noticeably better.

The Potenza Sport is the newer replacement, Tire Rack says only 26 lbs in that 265/40R18 101Y XL size, vs 32 lbs for the old S-04.

I'm getting a set of Potenza Sport in 245/45R18 mounted on Titan7 T-S5 18x8.5 for M3P tomorrow. I'm hoping for more grip than the stock 235 Pirellis, but I know I'll probably have to go wider and/or lower treadwear for a big grip increase. I was going to try the PS4S but they were on backorder everywhere with no real ETA. (Tire Rack showed an ETA but it would change by almost 2 months depending on what page I was viewing, so I'm pretty sure it was made up too.)

I actually wasn't considering the S-04, I had just checked tire weights, and it was the top of the list when I was browsing. Wasn't expecting a 5 pound variation.

I'm really liking my Firestone Firehawks. Very grippy and the price is a lot less than PS4S.

American Tire Depot still has a buy 3 get 1 free sale going on. Out the door, with tax and installation labor, my Firehawks were $788. Worked out to $154 per tire excluding taxes and labor.

Last edited:
I honestly don't care that much for most of their designs I prefer softer lines in general on wheels, and more vintagey looking designs, more akin to something BBS or OZ would offer. Signature's wheels are very modern looking, but just aren't the look I'm going for. You need a really aggressive stance to match their wheels I think, and this is my daily, I already have a pretty low E36 M3 that scrapes everywhere, I don't need another low car. I do plan on lowering the car eventually, but just a moderate drop, basically evening out the wheel gap between the fenders so it is the same space all throughout the tire diameter.

The SV102 and SV102 come close to matching what I like, but they look kind of generic, so if I'm spending that much for a wheel, I'd prefer something even nicer looking. I don't think either one look better than a BBS RG-R, and an RG-R is more affordable. I think Apex's wheels look more appealing and are a lot cheaper too. I'm not just after a light wheel that is forged, appearance is more important to me.

Similar to what I just said about Signature wheels, these look very sharp and pointy, very angular. I also don't care for the gap between the spokes and barrels on 3 piece or 2 piece wheels like this.

If look at CCW Classics for example, there's soft edges everywhere in the spoke design. That's what I prefer. I just wish they weren't quite so expensive otherwise I would have already ordered wheels from CCW. That's a big pill for me to swallow.

I seem to want an impossible wheel, looks how I want, weighs what I want, and is relatively affordable. I found a steal on some vintage OZ Futura wheels that would have fit, but then found out they weigh more than 15kg! I'm looking forward to Black Friday, maybe Apex will have a sale on their forged wheels?

CCW-Classic-Wheels-Product-Photos-Image-2__50878.1593387115.jpg
love a wheel with some dish!

Another light weight forged wheel choice with top build quality(Made in Japan),
I just weighted them few minutes ago.

Advan RS-DF Progressive front 19x9.5 = 19.6 lbs
Advan RS-DF Progressive rear 19x10.5 = 20.2 lbs

They are for sale detail here,

Should the original lug nuts from my 2021 M3P Uberturbines work with Titan7 T-S5?

I have an appointment to get tires mounted on them tomorrow morning and I'm just discovering this could be an issue. Somehow it never occurred to me that aftermarket wheels would need a different lug nut shape, but now I'm reading that's a thing. I've swapped wheels on my cars before, but they were always OE wheels (even forged BBS OE), these are my first true aftermarket wheels.

Should the original lug nuts from my 2021 M3P Uberturbines work with Titan7 T-S5?

I have an appointment to get tires mounted on them tomorrow morning and I'm just discovering this could be an issue. Somehow it never occurred to me that aftermarket wheels would need a different lug nut shape, but now I'm reading that's a thing. I've swapped wheels on my cars before, but they were always OE wheels (even forged BBS OE), these are my first true aftermarket wheels.

My aero wheel lug nuts worked on my TS5s. I assume the Uberturbines use the same nuts.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2

I am doing exactly this. They are fine.

• Helpful
Got that backwards. Signature and Titan need to stack up to BC Forged. Lol They are solid. High quality. Not my first goto but they are on the list. (Meaning I look to companies like HRE or BBS before them when Im spending big money.)

Titan 7 is not even in the same categories lol... weak fixed spec, with limited design and maybe 3 finishing only.

BC is closer to Signature, but Signature always has better fitment than BC that's why I choose Signature.

Signature is a lttle more than BC but I'm spending 4-5k on a set anyway, might as well pay little extra get something fits perfectly.

Thanks @Fierily and @Boourns! The OE lug nuts did work fine. I may swap them out for aftermarket, or just get caps for them, just for aesthetic reasons, but I'm glad to have my 18s mounted up now.

Car: 2021 M3P, stock brakes and suspension
Wheels: Titan7 T-S5 18x8.5" in Satin Titanium
Tires: Bridgestone Potenza Sport 245/45R18 100 Y XL

View attachment 745348
View attachment 745349
View attachment 745350

That's a lot of wheel weight needed on a fully forged wheel... you probably wanna re-check the roundness of the rear wheel or rotate the tire

Reactions: Lindenwood
That's a lot of wheel weight needed on a fully forged wheel... you probably wanna re-check the roundness of the rear wheel or rotate the tire
Yeah it is a lot of weights. Cheap forged FTW I guess, or it could be the tire's fault. No signs of balance issues on my initial driving so far. Got a few highway miles in. No really high speeds though, too much traffic during the day.

Think it's worth getting a Road Force balance?

Thanks @Fierily and @Boourns! The OE lug nuts did work fine. I may swap them out for aftermarket, or just get caps for them, just for aesthetic reasons, but I'm glad to have my 18s mounted up now.
I got some cheap covers on Amazon and they look fine: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W7CWMZX/
8E109FA2-9802-4E6C-B456-323A0C9CE9B6.jpeg

Next time I need a rotation I’ll probably pick up a set of black Wheel Mates from Model+.

• Helpful